What are you up to in the workshop?

Since the 7610 went to the farm I've been catching up on small jobs around the place...

20200707_191038-01.jpeg
Patio table was a bit banana shaped. Straightened it as much as seemed reasonable and added a 3x2 inside on each side. If I can just keep the kids off it then it might stay straight.

20200704_225230-01.jpeg
Replaced the top mounts in the front struts of the gti and fitted a childish backbox. Passed its test first time again for the third year in a row on Wednesday.

20200704_145120-01.jpeg 20200706_171747-01.jpeg
Our lawnmower mostly lives outside. Bought a cover which was sh1te. Too loose and too light.

Broke out the IKEA sewing machine and sewed in a layer of tarpaulin to make it heavier then made the front and rear more fitted. Had some decent wind last weekend and it survived just fine.

20200709_203352-01.jpeg
Let the smoke out of my impact screwdriver. Cant really fault it. Its gotten dogs abuse over the years with socket adapters. But weirdly died while running on a new m8 nylock, which would be well within its intended loads.

Amongst other things the front cover on the mec11000 has died,not sure why because it’s mounted under the tank and driven by a hydraulic motor.935FB9EC-F9A3-4B9E-A498-9F9758A7D258.png
New one from William Lindsay landed today

CORK

Very nice job done there...……...What sort of paint did you use and how many coats? Its a really good finish

Thanks

The shotblasting people gave it a Matt finish prime coat and just gave it two coats of single pack paint.
Different paints certainly vary in their finish but I think I bought a fairly good gun (Devilbiss Finishline) some years ago and it seems to do a good job. Had a cheaper one before that and it certainly wasn’t as good.

I’m actually thinking of getting a new one as the jar is cracked but it still works away.

Sheared bolt removal.

Attachments

• 56C38491-5F34-4735-976B-EAFE382FA448.jpeg
    56C38491-5F34-4735-976B-EAFE382FA448.jpeg
    352.1 KB · Views: 127
  • 98FC90DE-B91B-4F53-8852-1CD73EFDC3F7.jpeg
    98FC90DE-B91B-4F53-8852-1CD73EFDC3F7.jpeg
    245 KB · Views: 127
Lely lotus?
Works 770 lely lotus . Dont know why /how that one sheared , it`s on the middle rotor .

Did you drill a hole and beat an Allen key into it?
Drilled a hole in the bolt and have a kit i picked up that you drive a rippled pin in to the bolt and theres a nut that grip`s the pin and you spin out the sheared bolt . It works well in theory and worked perfectly this time but i`v snapped the pin on occasion`s and had to use the welder .

Thanks

The shotblasting people gave it a Matt finish prime coat and just gave it two coats of single pack paint.
Different paints certainly vary in their finish but I think I bought a fairly good gun (Devilbiss Finishline) some years ago and it seems to do a good job. Had a cheaper one before that and it certainly wasn’t as good.

I’m actually thinking of getting a new one as the jar is cracked but it still works away.
Interesting point about the spray guns,, I just did a quick search there on Devilbiss Finishline, they are expensive and I would normally use guns around the 50-60euro mark. I guess its a case of you get what you pay for......have you considered getting a sandblasting kit set uo for yourself or would you not have the use for it?

Interesting point about the spray guns,, I just did a quick search there on Devilbiss Finishline, they are expensive and I would normally use guns around the 50-60euro mark. I guess its a case of you get what you pay for......have you considered getting a sandblasting kit set uo for yourself or would you not have the use for it?
I did think about getting a kit once but it would need a very serious compressor I think. I wouldn’t have the use for a proper sand blaster and I’d probably get annoyed with a light duty one.

Reactions: SHS
It`s a fine turner gives no bother , Does a smashing job of tedding out grass . Cant say if it`ll catch 3 10ft row`s as all the grass here would be spread with the mower when been cut . Only downside is it`s wide on the road well the safety bars for it are . @mixed fleet

No straps... no trailer brakes! Tut tut

Good looking trailer though. Back when I was that age it would have made my year!!
There's a bungee cord over the back wheels of the new holland. You can see it waiting to be pulled over the digger tracks.

Last edited:
@johndeere6920s where did you get the coil springs from for your bale trailer to replace the air bags? Remember seeing it a while back but can't find which thread it was in! :unsure:

Back