Factory Prices General thread

Are you related to Mallon's or something mucky to be getting that price? Not within an asses roar of that available from what I've seen and heard and that is even stronger than the Journal prices...

Maybe it's a flat price or you are including the fat and grading bonuses :unsure:

I'm confused :scratchhead:

Who is mallon's?

More than me got that price last week. I only rang because a friend of mine told me that's what they were paying.

Friend of mine used be a bord bia inspector. Can you imagine the slagging .

But he could tell you thr different price people got for the same type cattle . Was a fair difference at times

Week ending 5th July.

The figures for the previous week are released on a Wednesday. So for cattle sold this week we wont know the price until next Wednesday. What some of the factories were paying in marts would reflect the higher prices they are offering. The main players about here spent the last week trying to buy cattle at 3.60, doubt they bought many at that price.

Didn't hear anything about that in our audit last week.

This was a few years back. You used show the inspector a couple of factory dockets or I presume mart dockets if you sold in mart. Was your inspection online

This was a few years back. You used show the inspector a couple of factory dockets or I presume mart dockets if you sold in mart. Was your inspection online
Ya it was online, but we've never as far as I remember ever had to show dockets.:scratchhead:

Ya it was online, but we've never as far as I remember ever had to show dockets.:scratchhead:

Nor here, and if it was the case what is the chances of the inspector seeing a docket from the same week with the same factory as part of a couple of audits,.very slim...

Making more in the mart at present, I am locked up with TB still so cannot sell live, and have a couple of dry cows to kill in the next 10 days or so, will probably make 100 euro less than they are making in the marts unfortunately but that's the way.

If you only sell to factory youd have to show a factory sales docket.

He could be winding me up . It's not difficult :lol::laugh:
Every inspection here I've had to furnish factory and mart dockets. I've lost points in the past for not having factory dockets to show the inspector. Just about the only thing they don't ask for is your bank statement.

Every inspection here I've had to furnish factory and mart dockets. I've lost points in the past for not having factory dockets to show the inspector. Just about the only thing they don't ask for is your bank statement.

Must be @Mf240 nosey mate that was doing your inspection:laugh:. Commerical information is none of their business. If I was you I would be lodging a complaint, especially if their are GDPR issues aswell with info been passed

Back