Todays Photo

Are ye using them keltecs ? There all the go here. I’ve probably lost 1500 bales to not bringing them in for people in the past 3 years. We cut, rake, bale wrap and that’s it. The father does tedding he loves that, a euro extra a bale and it’s a one man operation and you get through work fast.
No its trailers we use I try to avoid tedding as much as possible it just lumps the grass and slows you down too much trying to feed it in.
So much expense goes into the bale of silage unnecessarily I think.
I feed cattle in the winter for a guy that lives away.
We do the silage there top quality grass mowed of a day picked up the following day and I can't see anything wrong with it.
I'd be telling lads put on 6 layers appose to tedding it.
@marco 50 per hour per tractor

No its trailers we use I try to avoid tedding as much as possible it just lumps the grass and slows you down too much trying to feed it in.
So much expense goes into the bale of silage unnecessarily I think.
I feed cattle in the winter for a guy that lives away.
We do the silage there top quality grass mowed of a day picked up the following day and I can't see anything wrong with it.
I'd be telling lads put on 6 layers appose to tedding it.
@marco 50 per hour per tractor
I used to have that problem with lumps until I traded the krone for a massey tedder, the difference is huge. Tedded 6700 bales worth of bales last year, thats 6700 Euro. I just find that when one man and one machine can do a job like that it makes more sense from a profit point of view, the tedder will do 11 acres an hour in a heavish crop so I’m looking at that as 110 euro an hour. I find the same with spraying and hedge cutting any job like that where it’s one tractor, driver and machine makes an easier life, this silage and slurry is only a Cod at times.

This was the car park at dunworley beach yesterday.

It was like that all afternoon, god bless the staycation

View attachment 80297
Was down at Inchydoney yesterday and it was much the same with the parking ,although there was plenty of room on the beach, was a last minute thing and we stayed in Clonakilty last night , booked in for food in a place had a few pints and a few more !! back where we were staying. Not to many around and in fairness social distancing was being practiced and we were very happy how the break away went .

Is that a Tumosan ? A fair testament to it , whatever it is .
Madness on a busy street.

It must be hayledge , and well saved at that

Registration
ie.png
141CE1409
Make TUMOSAN
Model UNKNOWN
Description 8105DT 4WD 2DR
Engine Capacity 3908

6 x 6' haylage bales here on The Hay Team

Ah you'll miss the hay dust:laugh:
No chance of that there’s another bit to do when the weather looks a bit more settled! we were supposed to small bale some of that but the weather wasn’t playing ball so will have to get them again

Tidy handler at the back there the way it folds up

does it open to the side when picking up bales?

no just folds up or down, we thought it would be a lot handier when you get tight stacking in the yard, we had wondered about just getting the absolute bog standard handler and putting an A frame on it to drop it off but it would be a lot of time messing to, with that just pull the lever and it’s in fairly tight behind you And it probably ended up fairly similar money by the time we’d have bought an A frame for the tractor and that too

No chance of that there’s another bit to do when the weather looks a bit more settled! we were supposed to small bale some of that but the weather wasn’t playing ball so will have to get them again

no just folds up or down, we thought it would be a lot handier when you get tight stacking in the yard, we had wondered about just getting the absolute bog standard handler and putting an A frame on it to drop it off but it would be a lot of time messing to, with that just pull the lever and it’s in fairly tight behind you And it probably ended up fairly similar money by the time we’d have bought an A frame for the tractor and that too
Looks a good design especially for front linkage. Who makes them?

Looks a good design especially for front linkage. Who makes them?
That one is from blue bull, can’t really fault it tbh, we did add a bit of rubber where the 2 centre pipes fold up against the frame as it’s a fairly small ram so even barely tapping the spool it snaps up quick. It’s meant to be a front linkage one really but suits us for the back in the yard. We priced another make on donedeal(can’t remember the name) and it was nearly double the money.

Back