Silage 2020

Due to all the recent rains,my lagoons full so had to cut some so I could spread,mowed and tedded yesterday,grass dry but ground wet,had the mrs on the rake and managed the wagon and the clamp myself,didn’t do bad,45 acres between milkings,heavy rain forecast for the morning.

86E86AA8-BB61-4CCF-A2D8-02C7E956443B.png

How I didn’t get stuck I’ll never know.:sweat:

Due to all the recent rains,my lagoons full so had to cut some so I could spread,mowed and tedded yesterday,grass dry but ground wet,had the mrs on the rake and managed the wagon and the clamp myself,didn’t do bad,45 acres between milkings,heavy rain forecast for the morning.

View attachment 80366

Shouldn't be putting a "like" to that, sticky going by the look of it, haven't had to deal with the like since 2012.

View attachment 80366

Same here, stole 85 acres Thursday night Friday morning half loads in the front of the trailers and go.

View attachment 80366

clucking bels:eek3:
i left 1 or 2 marks but in shyte low ground next to the railway track

Lads, just wondering overall through oit the country is many lads with sph 's putting on addivtives for farmers .here in leitrim cavan longford border area they wouldn't hear of putting on anything through the harvestor for us.is that similar in other parts.2nd cut could have done with it yesterday as sugars was extremily low and what additives are most using.
As we have a long winter here we hope to get good silage especially for the autumn calvers.off to slurry meadows for 3rd cut now.
Any info appreciated.had been advised to use ecyosil from volac

this year there's only 1 or 2 customers that haven't used additive

a few years ago only 1 or 2 used it:scratchhead:

this year there's only 1 or 2 customers that haven't used additive

a few years ago only 1 or 2 used it:scratchhead:
Do the additives have any affect on the pickup/rotor and/or wagon body. I don't think anyone has an applicator on a baler, wagon or harvester around me

Do the additives have any affect on the pickup/rotor and/or wagon body. I don't think anyone has an applicator on a baler, wagon or harvester around me

I wouldnt know much about wagons , but I can't say that I know of anyone local to me with an applicator on either a baler or harvester.
Sulphuric acid put people off it for life.
Powder inoculate were like Marmite , and or Witchdoctor territory. :rolleyes2: depending which side of the fence you were perched .

There just dry powders or powder added to water.i do remember when i was a cub cosil and add f acid been used.did a great job on silage but ate concrete and hard on machines.
Havent heard of it in years.persume its long gone of the market.
Alot of dairy men in the north would be using them

Lads, just wondering overall through oit the country is many lads with sph 's putting on addivtives for farmers .here in leitrim cavan longford border area they wouldn't hear of putting on anything through the harvestor for us.is that similar in other parts.2nd cut could have done with it yesterday as sugars was extremily low and what additives are most using.
As we have a long winter here we hope to get good silage especially for the autumn calvers.off to slurry meadows for 3rd cut now.
Any info appreciated.had been advised to use ecyosil from volac
Have heard of a few farmers putting on their own additive. For pit you wouldnt have to do every swarth either. Sure i saw something somewhere a farmer dribbling molasses out of a barrel on swarths

Have heard of a few farmers putting on their own additive. For pit you wouldnt have to do every swarth either. Sure i saw something somewhere a farmer dribbling molasses out of a barrel on swarths

Years ago someone used to advertise a tank that you picked up with the buckrake,you then dribbled molasses on the pit,not a bad idea really.

Going back early 80s we used F100 Acid sold by a firm called fsl bells,it absolutely wrecked the forager,did end up putting on up the spout.

the old add f was apparently brutal on the steel think most of the newer addative usually dont cause bother
comes and goes with us we've gon years without anyone putting anything on then you get 1 or 2 wanting it , usually that requires a new pump as the old 1 seized solid from lack of use

the old add f was apparently brutal on the steel think most of the newer addative usually dont cause bother
comes and goes with us we've gon years without anyone putting anything on then you get 1 or 2 wanting it , usually that requires a new pump as the old 1 seized solid from lack of use
AddF was evil stuff
Used to turn the roofs of JD cart tractors blue

Then they started pumping it on, that was some dirty job.
Only had the misfortune of using one once, the Kennan applicator was rusted out, the bloody yoke didn't work properly and ended up using watering cans with the rose removed and most of it went on the top before covering.

Back