Combines

Carry a Big hammer , a little hammer 2 vice grips and a big flat screwdriver, And you are armed for every eventuality.

"Sometimes I use My head, sometimes I get a bigger hammer"............:laugh:

Did Guy Clark have Me in mind when He wrote that line .........:unsure:

I hope you took pictures or a video before you started. I've been know to pull a fuse to see if it's ok and forget which slot i was after taking it out of:lol:

My phone does be full of pictures of things when I take them apart. Handy for going back together.

Anybody for an Axial Flow!!
https://www.donedeal.ie/combineharvesters-for-sale/case-2188-axiel-flow/25351199

ZWUyZDNiZDc2ZTc1YjI1OTZmYTQxNTBhYjNhNmFkMGENAF-lzpT-V3OTnq1S3UPAaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xNTEyNzc5MjJ8fHwxMjAweDEyMDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

We did all the large bearings on both sides a few years ago as a precaution. €30 was the dearest bearing I'd say. The only difference was that we started doing it in December to have a bit of time at it. Think there was four bits of days spent at it altogether.
We are playing on this with a mt .nearly back together now

I ended up doing 6 belts on the tx and 3 chains, and The gearbox seal on bubble up, fully rewired the RPM monitor and grain loss monitors, full set of sections in too and I never cut an acre with it yet, I just hate seeing worn parts, twill do me for years now please god. I found out it actually came from Meath from a large tillage operation there that ran 2 tx36’s as well if that’s the crowd you know @ithastopay. Only thing I’m unsure of now is I done the bearing on the pully that drives the head and it’s not tight (as in you can move it side to side) you couldn’t with old one but mechanic recons it was just seized and when header is on there will be no play, any tx men know what I mean ? Or is the bearing housing gone

I ended up doing 6 belts on the tx and 3 chains, and The gearbox seal on bubble up, fully rewired the RPM monitor and grain loss monitors, full set of sections in too and I never cut an acre with it yet, I just hate seeing worn parts, twill do me for years now please god. I found out it actually came from Meath from a large tillage operation there that ran 2 tx36’s as well if that’s the crowd you know @ithastopay. Only thing I’m unsure of now is I done the bearing on the pully that drives the head and it’s not tight (as in you can move it side to side) you couldn’t with old one but mechanic recons it was just seized and when header is on there will be no play, any tx men know what I mean ? Or is the bearing housing gone
The pulley with the coupler that you connect the driveshaft to? Ours was slightly loose too or rather the bearing housing was slightly worn. I got a new housing for peace of mind but the salesman wasn’t concerned much about the old one.

There may be more wire crossed, or it may be a different combine, that you bought to the one I knew, my friend had only one combine, it did come from Co Meath.

Are there many
I'd say your bearing housing has wear on it. If it isn't rattling in the housing I wouldn't worry about it.

Anyone have any recommendations for a fan for the cab? The air conditioning compressor has been removed from the tx

Yea try Bernard. I got a near perfect condenser there two year ago as someone went mad with mine with a power washer. Got the gas topped up and it has mighty air con now.

@diesel power @Danielk, I could be wrong now I know nothing about air con but it’s the Yoke up beside the engine that the 2 pipes are on that’s missing, they were saying because the pipes were left there they would be full of dirt and it would never work right again, I asked about putting new pipes in and they said it still wouldn’t work, now as I said air con is somthing I know nothing about, a fan was recommended by them

@diesel power @Danielk, I could be wrong now I know nothing about air con but it’s the Yoke up beside the engine that the 2 pipes are on that’s missing, they were saying because the pipes were left there they would be full of dirt and it would never work right again, I asked about putting new pipes in and they said it still wouldn’t work, now as I said air con is somthing I know nothing about, a fan was recommended by them
Follow the flexi lines along to a join and open them there to see if they are dirty inside. If they are then its a nightmare to clean the system out but its unlikely the dust has gone very far at all. Whoever you asked dont want the bother of redoing the ac. The ac lines on my sp were open for years and I got a used compressor off a breakers yard and got the ac working perfectly. Have a go at it yourself. Those systems are fairly straight forward and anything you want to know feel free to pm me or ask on the forum.

I don’t thinks it’s a overly big system. As said follow the pipes which I think go to thr condenser behind the engine. Take pipes off there and see if they are clean or dirty.

Follow the flexi lines along to a join and open them there to see if they are dirty inside. If they are then its a nightmare to clean the system out but its unlikely the dust has gone very far at all. Whoever you asked dont want the bother of redoing the ac. The ac lines on my sp were open for years and I got a used compressor off a breakers yard and got the ac working perfectly. Have a go at it yourself. Those systems are fairly straight forward and anything you want to know feel free to pm me or ask on the forum.
Jesus that’s great to hear, I was thinking it couldn’t be fully wrote off, bit of a waste really even working it considering it will only be working a week but I’m a very anti window open person, aircon works in all our machines so I do like to see the windows/doors closed, makes an awful difference in keeping a tractor clean over the years

Back