Silage pictures and videos

Nice Fiats :thumbup1:

Dont think it was posted up before, if so apologies

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea6t2dnhljE"]YouTube - ‪'Tim Sheehan' Silage Harvesting Back In 97‬‏[/ame]

Its trillick, every contractor has lambos round there!!

Is that the fella that used to cut, then quit to do roadworks or something, then barrett took over most of his run??

Thats two lambo outfits with JD harvesters round there, He would have paid plenty for the pottinger mowers, that timothy man isn't soft!!
looks like you know this country pretty well...

Joe Barrett is doing well up there!

You could be on about Brendan Dunne?? He quit and went into milking in a big way, he might even have bought a farm in England :001_unsure: think Teagues bought that SP of Dunne when he quit anyway

They also seem to do a better, tidier job than some others who would cover the same area and do it for a whole lot less :whistling:

Didn't Dunne have a 6650, Barretts first sp? this is many years ago i am talking about here. I have never seen Teague cutting so i can't comment. I know you can tell what ground Barrett lifts by the way the fields look, well mowed and not a blade left in the field.

looks like you know this country pretty well...

Well..... I do:whistling: Have family in Park, Fintona and Artigarven, Try to get over to see them every once in a while and catch up with the local scandal!!

What part of the world you from tinman?

Last edited:
Didn't Dunne have a 6650, Barretts first sp? this is many years ago i am talking about here. I have never seen Teague cutting so i can't comment. I know you can tell what ground Barrett lifts by the way the fields look, well mowed and not a blade left in the field.

Barretts mow with a Krone Big M Mk2, impressive machine, really lets you know the difference between a contractor and farmer outfit! Leaves a very tidy finish.

Was mowing a five acre field 2years ago with the Antares and the jd1360, must have been 4 rows around and then moving in to flats when Justin Barrett came into the neighbours 6 acre field beside me with the Big M and had it mowed before i had the flats finished!

Well..... I do:whistling: Have family in Park, Fintona and Artigarven, Try to get over to see them every once in a while and catch up with the local scandal!!

Awh here, you could be right, this would have been up to 5 years ago, Dunne used to run two outfits with JD SPs did he not??

When Walker broke the harvester a couple of years ago he hired in one of Dunnes for a few days.

He used to sell the odd tractor too, he sold one neighbour an ex-demo TM120 and a TM150 to another one.

I heard Barretts would send a second handler to finish off the pit once the main outfit moved on somewhere else, thats not bad.

Barretts mow with a Krone Big M Mk2, impressive machine, really lets you know the difference between a contractor and farmer outfit! Leaves a very tidy finish.

Was mowing a five acre field 2years ago with the Antares and the jd1360, must have been 4 rows around and then moving in to flats when Justin Barrett came into the neighbours 6 acre field beside me with the Big M and had it mowed before i had the flats finished!

How long have they the Big M? I think I watched them a couple of years ago with a Same Iron and 1300 Lambo with two 10ft mowers mowing outside Sixmilecross.

im only 45 mins down the road:thumbup1:

You should know better Tinny, those are silver Deutz:001_cool:
or green hurlimans, take your pic i guess...:lol:

im not a fan, but they do well for some.
barret would have a good back up service if ever the need.
i just always thought they were soft, never liked the gears on them for some reason, after a while it was like a pic n mix.

Big m 400 IIRC, doesn't John do all the mowing? Thought Justin was the chartered accountant/buckraking man

I heard Barretts would send a second handler to finish off the pit once the main outfit moved on somewhere else, thats not bad.

From what I hear they take two everywhere. They are on their third Big M, so thats at least 7-9 years

i just always thought they were soft, never liked the gears on them for some reason, after a while it was like a pic n mix.

Gears in the 1300's and R5's were soft, far too many of them if you ask me, and labled in itallian as well:confused1:. ZF box in the r6/deutz should be a better more relaible box

Teach me to post without checking the page number:whistling:

Certainly hope not:ohmy: Same engine as a Fendt and ZF tranny the same as Case CS and Steyr.

How long have they the Big M? I think I watched them a couple of years ago with a Same Iron and 1300 Lambo with two 10ft mowers mowing outside Sixmilecross.[/QUOTE]

They've had a Big M since 2002, was at Hunter Kanes open night and she was there all stickered up.

Before that they used to mow with a Laser 150 Same and a 130 Lambo or Same, can't exacxtly remember which!

That would have been Teague's you saw mowing, don't think Vintys lads ever had an Iron.

Big m 400 IIRC, doesn't John do all the mowing? Thought Justin was the chartered accountant/buckraking man

Was definitely Justin and was the Big M Mk2, they could have changed her last year for a 400! Didn't see much of the grass season last year as was down under!

Awh here, you could be right, this would have been up to 5 years ago, Dunne used to run two outfits with JD SPs did he not??

When Walker broke the harvester a couple of years ago he hired in one of Dunnes for a few days.

He used to sell the odd tractor too, he sold one neighbour an ex-demo TM120 and a TM150 to another one.

How long have they the Big M? I think I watched them a couple of years ago with a Same Iron and 1300 Lambo with two 10ft mowers mowing outside Sixmilecross.

Gerard would get the job done quick but he would admit himself they wouldnt be the tidiest. I thought it was 2001 if not 2000 they had the bid M ill have to ask big bro. They usually send two telehandlers if the pit is big enough. The Redrock they had didnt last long! Teagues would be related to the deutz main dealer through marriage. And oh dont call timonthy, trevor by accident as he doesnt take to it too kindly:whistling:

Really, who would they be I'm only a mile from it.

They live in the town near to the creamery - not agricultural folk by any means and new to the area.

Gerard would get the job done quick but he would admit himself they wouldnt be the tidiest. I thought it was 2001 if not 2000 they had the bid M ill have to ask big bro. They usually send two telehandlers if the pit is big enough. The Redrock they had didnt last long! Teagues would be related to the deutz main dealer through marriage. And oh dont call timonthy, trevor by accident as he doesnt take to it too kindly:whistling:

2001 they had a mk1, but they didnt buy it, was a demo from hunter kane, they let them keep it when they stood on for a new mk2. The Mk1 was seemingly a "bad gripping bastward" that went into the belly somewhere bout alcorns.

From what I heard the demo Redrock fell to bits and he never bought one.

From what I hear they take two everywhere. They are on their third Big M, so thats at least 7-9 years

They've had a Big M since 2002, was at Hunter Kanes open night and she was there all stickered up.

Before that they used to mow with a Laser 150 Same and a 130 Lambo or Same, can't exacxtly remember which!

That would have been Teague's you saw mowing, don't think Vintys lads ever had an Iron.

It seems like it was Teagues then!

Well tbh, compared to some that cover the same area, I have never heard a bad report about either Teagues or Barretts.

5-27-2011_160.jpg

5-27-2011_091-Copy.jpg

5-27-2011_002.jpg

5-27-2011_178-Copy.jpg

Bryn Henllan, North Pembrokeshire 27th May 2011 - G & A Parkes Contractors

5-27-2011_144.jpg

5-27-2011_147-1.jpg

5-27-2011_106-1.jpg

5-27-2011_113.jpg

5-27-2011_140.jpg

The last photo - the brown patches on the hillside behind are where Gorse has been chopped and burnt off

Back