The Ebay thread.

I would definately like that, never seen such a comprehensive set. Unfortunately I dont have £10,000 to spend on spanners. would be good value if it went for that.
its not dear for what it is.
if you went out to buy it new today you would quickly realise its practically a snip at that money.
he would of been better split it imo, but, its not near finished yet.

its not dear for what it is.
if you went out to buy it new today you would quickly realise its practically a snip at that money.
he would of been better split it imo, but, its not near finished yet.

At it's current price (£9,300), it's cheap enough, if you split it up into individual sets you'd double your money. it'll do more yet though as tinny says.

bit odd that someone would buy all that stuff and never use it though, then just sell it and not bother to make the best of it, wonder what his idea was? is he a bit bonkers? has his company gone tit s up or was it some kind of tax dodge? blow the money on those tools to avoid paying tax, now he sells then for notes?

If that guy hadn't as big a feedback score as he has, i would say he had stolen a Snap on delivery van or broken into a Snap on warehouse and was now selling the contents.... thats a crazy collection of tools!

whats the chances he was a snapon rep, or had a very close friend that was.

£15,200 now...

seeing since there is a few days left, anyone like to take a stab at what it will end up at?

£15,200 now...

seeing since there is a few days left, anyone like to take a stab at what it will end up at?

Id saw it will slowly sail past £40,000. The father spent about an hour looking at the pics:lol:

Last edited:
its very hard to know what it will end up at, but i dont think it will go past the 40 mark, at a pure guess id say it might hover round the 20-25k mark, but, you could be closer than me.

whats the chances he was a snapon rep, or had a very close friend that was.

£15,200 now...

I see that someone has actually asked him the obvious question as to why he bought them all in the first place and he says he's bought a full workshop with them as part of a job lot. If you look at the pictures it's a tidy shed all the benches and machines look immaculate, like it's never been used.

the bloke who asked also says he will fly over from Australia to collect if he wins, good luck getting that lot through as hand luggage.

its taking off about right now, 23k, telemetry might be right yet.

is there something not adding up there or is it just me. ( with his story )

its taking off about right now, 23k, telemetry might be right yet.

is there something not adding up there or is it just me. ( with his story )

I don't know, he says in one answer what everything has cost to buy, then in another reply to the aussie chap he says he bought the tools as part of a complete workshop.

Then again, if he bought a company he might have the receipts for all the stuff as he'd have their books, either way someone has spent the best part of 70K on tools they've never used, there's got to be more of a story to that than we're hearing. looking at the pictures it looks like an immaculate workshop / factory unit that has been set up and never used, the benches etc are spotless.

I'd quite like to go and have a nose round that place and hear the full story.

One of the answers to the questions, (not the one asking to swap the tools for the asker's wife), the seller says that he bought out the workshop of Colin Mccray's mechanic. interesting.

Oh he meant Colin McRae, Jimmy's cub! You'd think that if this guy Knew Colin's mechanic he'd know how to spell his surname!! By the way which mechanic do you think it would be... one of the 25 odd from Prodrive, the same again from Msport, won't be any of the Citroen guys, or it could be some one from DJM motorsport who built his Mk2 and have engineering input into the R4.

Who is Colin Mccray?
seriously..., ya must of heard of him, possibly the spelling,
One of the answers to the questions, (not the one asking to swap the tools for the asker's wife), the seller says that he bought out the workshop of Colin Mccray's mechanic. interesting.
i see, not all of it tho, some of it he says, most from a good mechanic.
neways, he seemed genuine in the end, loads of people seemed to have called for a looksee.

some funny enuf questions tho,
I will happily put in a massive bid to win... but only if the set includes a two-tone left handed cornflake magnet? Can you please confirm this is the case or not. Thanks
so it sold, and for a princely amount just shy of 34k.
more than i thought it would make tbh.
its a fair amount to cough up in one go, the fees would be decent if it went through pay pall and e-bays charges on top of it.

Oh he meant Colin McRae, Jimmy's cub! You'd think that if this guy Knew Colin's mechanic he'd know how to spell his surname!! By the way which mechanic do you think it would be... one of the 25 odd from Prodrive, the same again from Msport, won't be any of the Citroen guys, or it could be some one from DJM motorsport who built his Mk2 and have engineering input into the R4.
:whistling::lol:

so it sold, and for a princely amount just shy of 34k.
more than i thought it would make tbh.
its a fair amount to cough up in one go, the fees would be decent if it went through pay pall and e-bays charges on top of it.

Well according to my reading of the new fee structure, the fee would be £40 if you're a private seller, or £3400 if you're a business seller.

Well according to my reading of the new fee structure, the fee would be £40 if you're a private seller, or £3400 if you're a business seller.
holey moley. the buisness seller fees got a bit sharp didnt they.:001_huh:

and pay pall on top of it too if you paid that way.

tell me this, who spends 34k on a tool box?, just about what would you be at to have that kind of money allowance on tools??
over time you can amount to it in value, but to splash out on it in one go, hardly an apprentice neway:whistling:

Is is just me but have ebay changed their search box? If I'm searching in one category and want to search for something else the search box has disappeared and I tend to have to go back to browse category again?
Or it could just be my windows issues coming to the fore again?

N

Nail & Head

Whats this i hear about you joy riding during the week?

If the man wanted thon 110 shifted I wasn't gona refuse like, altho with the high ranking auidence that was there I was under P not to make a balls of it :whistling:

Didn't take long before the evidence made it back to the office :001_rolleyes:

:lol: o i c now... one of his cars eh...

yeah, i heard about the joy riding too...

so come on... do tell...

How did it get that far??

Back