Lely Rotonde 510 CD Rake

Your rake's 30 ft, do you row every thing up in front of the baler :confused1:

My first day in NZ was using a class 880 was alright I thought, then the lely arrived, it was like listening to sweet music compared to the claas so smooth and quiet.
yes, for us always, but for others about 80% of the time, ill take a few pics over the next few days, give you an idea.
find it a good job, quicker altho your travelling about half the speed if it was in ordinary rows, you can clean up a decent sized field in a few runs round it.
better bale too.
at the mo, i have all cut, not a lot but roughly 60 acres, about 30 a day for the last two days, the first lot was ted today for baling tomorrow, the second lot will be ted tomorrow for sat baling.
its well wilted now, might be too much for some but ive tried a lesser dry matter and it just makes for more hassle, the cows do well on the well wilted stuff so it dose me, for sucklers its 100%.

How's the grass coming off the back of the mower.

He said he set the cruise control and got out, naughty boy :laugh:
as hall says, she was on auto pilot for a min, but as he also is implying:lol:, it breaks a raft of safety rules...:whistling:

Our 880 sounded like a bag of bolts to, rattling and banging away behind you. The 2900 is a different animal, you wouldn't hear it behind you.
its a 780 i have but to be honest its very quiet, there is less of a linkage on mine tho compared to a 880.
for all i do she will last a long time, i wouldn't do in a yr what some would do in a week.
a pic from yesterday but not a great one, this is her 5th season.

Attachments

• IMAG0286.jpg
    IMAG0286.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 99
its a 780 i have but to be honest its very quiet, there is less of a linkage on mine tho compared to a 880.
for all i do she will last a long time, i wouldn't do in a yr what some would do in a week.
a pic from yesterday but not a great one, this is her 5th season.

To be fair our 880 was well rattled, headstock had been welded and we had to put on a new ram last year. We could have probably rebuilt it but it wasn't worth the time or effort to do it, we got a decent price to change so it went down the road.

Tinman, are you stacking all the bales on their ends?
yes, funny the different parts of the country that varies, down your way ye tend to stack them like swiss rolls, we stack them up here on their ends, thats where the most plastic is.
tried two row of them once on their sides, the net was a btich to get off we found, mind you we stacked them three high.
stacking 3 high for a lad this eve, but all on their ends.

yes, funny the different parts of the country that varies, down your way ye tend to stack them like swiss rolls, we stack them up here on their ends, thats where the most plastic is.
tried two row of them once on their sides, the net was a btich to get off we found, mind you we stacked them three high.
stacking 3 high for a lad this eve, but all on their ends.

Net can be trickier all right but with a rear bale spike it is safer. Had them like that one year and linked it but needed more room plus had a few brown trouser moments during the winter :no::whistling:

Net can be trickier all right but with a rear bale spike it is safer. Had them like that one year and linked it but needed more room plus had a few brown trouser moments during the winter :no::whistling:
standing on their ends takes up no more room really.
for the lads feeding with loaders id put on 2.5 turns of net, for the lads with a bale spike id only put on 2 turns.

What grab do you use to stack them on their ends? We had a cradle type one from Cashle, found it hard to do with that, got a new trunk type grab for this year, I'll see how that goes soon. We stack all ours swiss roll style here

What grab do you use to stack them on their ends? We had a cradle type one from Cashle, found it hard to do with that, got a new trunk type grab for this year, I'll see how that goes soon. We stack all ours swiss roll style here
this type of a one, not the best of a pic, it was getin dark.

Attachments

• IMAG0304.jpg
    IMAG0304.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 107
Just quoted £6650 for a new rotonde by a relatively friendly dealer. The only one he has left for this year.

Ah you stack them like in a shed - our man was stacking them with overlaps.

Like I say I'd prefer them that way but even though current man doesn't have one, he does a good job and is on time and no messing so why would we change!

Ah you stack them like in a shed - our man was stacking them with overlaps.

Like I say I'd prefer them that way but even though current man doesn't have one, he does a good job and is on time and no messing so why would we change!
when i got my first welger i was so proud of the bales she could make ( compared to the norm about ) i stacked a single line 3 row high at the side of the yard beside the road one day, more for the reason to let people know what a round bale should look like than anything, at least compared to what some call a bale up here, times you wouldnt know what end was up if ya know what i mean, neways, they sat there all on their own for 6-7 weeks, never budged.
so i took to parking the spare mower beside them when it wasnt being used.
indeed they served as a good advertisement, and i got work from it, that was until one night the wind blew them over...
on top of the mower :crying:
two solid bales can make some shape of your mower ya know,.... i learned that the hard way.:001_rolleyes:

We stack 90% of the bales we do tin can style with a Murray.makes a good job. The rotunda makes a good job so does your rake tinman. Does anyone have a picture or video of a rotunda on the front of the baler tractar

I assume you wrap in the yard with that grab, great job, do it here when there's labour around, although its mostly wrapped in the field as the two of us can do that. Delighted with our new grab, very fast, zero damage to bales.

Those thinking of getting a Lely Lotus 300 for their silage, please don't. Baled 8 acres last night after a brand new one, lumps, lumps, lumps, and a poor job at cleaning the field. Maybe the operator:no:

Image0298.jpg
Image0300.jpg

I assume you wrap in the yard with that grab, great job, do it here when there's labour around, although its mostly wrapped in the field as the two of us can do that. Delighted with our new grab, very fast, zero damage to bales.

Those thinking of getting a Lely Lotus 300 for their silage, please don't. Baled 8 acres last night after a brand new one, lumps, lumps, lumps, and a poor job at cleaning the field. Maybe the operator:no:

View attachment 5666
View attachment 5667
we draw it to the field closest to the yard, wrap it in lines and then draw it in to the loader at the stack.
we normally wrap it in doubles through the field if they are getin stacked singly.

is that the row left by the 300??, :001_huh:

is that the row left by the 300??, :001_huh:

I'm afraid so, very first day out so he might do better next time, said he read the book anyway:laugh:. Poor tractor with 23 knives doesn't like them lumps. Was thinking it would be better than his old PZ:no:

What was it mowed with? It doesn't look super clean unless it has gone down before it was cut?

What was it mowed with? It doesn't look super clean unless it has gone down before it was cut?

Its was heavy and logged alright, mowed with a Krone disc mower, its wasn't the worst really, just thought the lotus would beat the PZ

nice bit of stacking tinny, a neighbour of mine has the same bale grab as yours the way he stacks his bales it looks like they fell out of the sky
cheers cs.
its not hard for them to get away on you.

i only grab them with the front bars, half ways in on the bale, ( nip them style ) easier to stack that way.

back to the rotende, 1 of the best rakes out there, doesnt look much, had a few guys laugh at ours when they seen it coming, wanting to know were i was going with the hay bob:no:, can cover about 10 to 12 acres an hour, without busting it, works best on 10ft rows, can pull in 3 eight fts if you take your time and about 16ft if its shock out, i do a good bit for baler guys and they love it cause it leaves the rows wide for the pickup,

back to the rotende, 1 of the best rakes out there, doesnt look much, had a few guys laugh at ours when they seen it coming, wanting to know were i was going with the hay bob:no:, can cover about 10 to 12 acres an hour, without busting it, works best on 10ft rows, can pull in 3 eight fts if you take your time and about 16ft if its shock out, i do a good bit for baler guys and they love it cause it leaves the rows wide for the pickup,

That sounds ideal, any chance of some pics? Thanks

will have to take pics of it working so........ so bare with me, probly be a few days

Sorry for digging up an old thread but hows did you get on with the Rotonde?

Did you notice any difference in the dryness of the swathe?

Every one else above is concerned about a wide swathe for baling but i want a narrow swathe for my trailed harvester

I'm looking to lift twenty foot swathes this year to reduce trailer movements in the field as ground conditions are gonna be tricky this year, i'm concened that a twenty foot swathe of heavy first cut will be too wide for the 1650 reel on my SH30 Mengele.

I like the look of the rotonde rather than a trailed rake as i can use a small light tractor on it, plus it looks like a haybob so there is more chance of getting the auld fella to use it!:D:D

Sorry for digging up an old thread but hows did you get on with the Rotonde?

Did you notice any difference in the dryness of the swathe?

Every one else above is concerned about a wide swathe for baling but i want a narrow swathe for my trailed harvester

I'm looking to lift twenty foot swathes this year to reduce trailer movements in the field as ground conditions are gonna be tricky this year, i'm concened that a twenty foot swathe of heavy first cut will be too wide for the 1650 reel on my SH30 Mengele.

I like the look of the rotonde rather than a trailed rake as i can use a small light tractor on it, plus it looks like a haybob so there is more chance of getting the auld fella to use it!:D:D

Good point re. Swath width, what swaths are you raking in? If its 10's the rotonde won't go narrow enough with its swath.

Back