€100m Beef Funding

Discussion in 'Stock Talk' started by mixed fleet, May 29, 2019.

1. 6600

6600 Well-Known Member

The cynic in me says that they're going to use this bunch of imaginary money for whatever comes after the BDGP next year. There's no way they will just pay out 100m in the next few months.

2. muckymanor

muckymanor Well-Known Member

€100 per head for beef finishers up to a max of 100 animals.
    €40 per head for suckler farmers up to a max of 40 animals.
    Nothing for the man in the middle who might buy weanlings and bring them to 80%+ of the way. A lot of farmers around here would be in this section.

gone likes this.
  3. Arthur

Arthur Well-Known Member

€100/hd on 100 cattle slaughtered between September 24, 2018 and May 6, 2019

dmaxman likes this.
  4. 6600

6600 Well-Known Member

5. WestCorkBoy

WestCorkBoy Well-Known Member

Its a real political fudge there is no logic to the whole thing. What is the logic in capping it at 100 cattle are there many full time finishers at those levels if ypu wanted to support the commercial finishers I think it should have been less per head and increase the numbers cap.

Peter likes this.
  6. WestCorkBoy

WestCorkBoy Well-Known Member

Itd also going to miss out the majority of U16 month bulls.

7. Sheebadog

Sheebadog Well-Known Member

Beef constantly makes about 30c/kg less here than Irish factories. No €100mln of a handout and funny that there’s no complaints from farmers. There’s an oversupply of beef, end of. All the handouts in the world won’t change that.
    We do a calf to finish system for bull beef at around 16mts. The only reason we do this is to try and add value to grains etc. All forage and feed produced in house with nothing bought in. Not for too much longer however.
    The main bull yard is empty now with a cleaning company cleaning it down spotless. The aim is to sell the yard with the hope someone might get permission to convert an old building for a dwelling house. Seriously winding down the beef since January. I’ll miss it tbh.
    It’s a shame really because there’s feck all work in it.

Barrowsider and muckymanor like this.
  8. nashmach

nashmach Moderator

Am I the only one thinking that this won't be fully subscribed?

Removing dairy farmers who might buy in stock to finish or those finishing their own will put a huge dent in it.

What happens if a suckler farmer finishes their own stock, do they get paid on the double?

Is there any mention of what stock, are cows included?

I'd have concerns about the finishing numbers limit and thought it should be much higher.

I honestly think the calculation methodology is a balls of a job. Nearly all stock here are gone by two years old so we have 330kgs bullock and 700kgs bullocks will be treated the same.

This 5% cut in nitrogen limits is something that will need more thought. I can see this back to the old system of extensification trying to manipulate numbers as much as possible:rolleyes2:

Are these limits on a per hectare or per farm basis? How often is the calculation being done? Quarterly or monthly? It can have a huge difference in a trading system.

For bigger herds, I can honestly see them saying stuff this and keep going as they were rather than cutting back.

muckymanor likes this.
  9. Becauka

Becauka Well-Known Member

It's not enough to lure finishers back in to try it for another year.

10. 6600

6600 Well-Known Member

This list below contains the names of our politicians who voted AGAINST the interest of Irish beef farmers in the dail on Thursday. They have hurt rural Ireland with thier vote. Please review the list for names of any of your local representatives who acted against the wishes of all of us who took to the streets of Dublin this week. Thank you.
    Barrett, Seán,
    Brophy, Colm.
    Bruton, Richard.
    Burke, Peter.
    Byrne, Catherine.
    Cannon, Ciarán.
    Carey, Joe.
    Corcoran Kennedy, Marcella.
    Coveney, Simon.
    Creed, Michael.
    D'Arcy, Michael.
    Deasy, John.
    Deering, Pat.
    Doherty, Regina.
    Donohoe, Paschal.
    Doyle, Andrew.
    Durkan, Bernard J.
    English, Damien.
    Farrell, Alan.
    Flanagan, Charles.
    Griffin, Brendan.
    Halligan, John.
    Heydon, Martin.
    Humphreys, Heather.
    Kehoe, Paul.
    Kyne, Seán.
    Madigan, Josepha.
    McEntee, Helen.
    McGrath, Finian.
    McHugh, Joe.
    McLoughlin, Tony.
    Mitchell O'Connor, Mary.
    Moran, Kevin Boxer.
    Murphy, Dara.
    Naughton, Hildegarde.
    Neville, Tom.
    Noonan, Michael.
    O'Connell, Kate.
    O'Donovan, Patrick.
    O'Dowd, Fergus.
    Phelan, John Paul.
    Ring, Michael.
    Rock, Noel.
    Ross, Shane.
    Varadkar, Leo.
    Zappone, Katherine

Carrigogunnell likes this.
  11. 6600

6600 Well-Known Member

That's from the Beef Plan WhatsApp. Don't see the swinger's name on the list she must have been getting counselling that day.
    Remember this next election and don't be afraid to tell the candidates why you won't be voting for them.

12. marco

marco Well-Known Member

What was the vote on? I didn't know there was any vote happening?

diesel power likes this.
  13. 6600

6600 Well-Known Member

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/politics/government-defeated-in-dáil-vote-on-mercosur-trade-deal-1.3954123

The government were defeated, to their credit FF went against their confidence and supply agreement to vote against it. The govt also proposed Big yes man Phil for another term as a Commissioner after he was instrumental in getting the Mercosur deal done in the first place. Richard Bruton, son of a cattle farmer is all for this too. FG are afraid of their s##t to say boo to the EU in case they don't get some cushy numbers after they've been booted out of government here.

14. Mf240

Mf240 Well-Known Member

Would anyone else be prepared to forfeit their share off the 100m to finance a team of forensic accountants to investigate the margins available to processors and retailers.

patk and CORK like this.
  15. Ozzy Scott

Ozzy Scott Well-Known Member

I cant see myself claiming it. if they think a once off 10k, will make me toe the line to their bullshite, fool them

patk likes this.
  16. Mf240

Mf240 Well-Known Member

Where are lads finding the terms and conditions were they in the journal?

17. farmingleinster

farmingleinster Well-Known Member

her father died on Tuesday so that might explain why she wasnt present in the Dail for voting

18. Mf240

Mf240 Well-Known Member

I would of gotten interested in politics around the boom times, just got to that age I suppose. I'd of been fg just for the reason that ff had complety fûçked things up. Have gotten kind of tired of leos auld nonsense now though and Simon Harris is wearing thin too. But what else is there to vote for outside of the two main parties.

6600 likes this.
  19. Becauka

Becauka Well-Known Member

There's no point wasting more money on that. We all know that goodman has the monopoly, and we'd be punished more for not paying a parking fine, than he would for controlling and destroying the beef industry.

20. Carrigogunnell

Carrigogunnell Well-Known Member

Maybe it was cleverness from ff who knew the the vote was going to go through either way. So sher wil vote against this it will look great for is then the next election sticking up for the go aul backwards farmer who we don't reall

21. marco

marco Well-Known Member

so a 200% win in that vote is meaningless according to fg but 4% vote for the greens and every man woman and child will have to pay huge amounts of carbon tax? If the mercosur deal goes through how can they seriously charge us carbon tax?

mfman, ABlur, nashmach and 2 others like this.
  22. 6600

6600 Well-Known Member

That was the situation in Italy a few years ago. But things change very quickly when the politicians don't listen to the people.

23. nashmach

nashmach Moderator

Mf240 likes this.
  24. Mf240

Mf240 Well-Known Member

nashmach, nomoneyhere and 6600 like this.
  25. nashmach

nashmach Moderator

6600 and muckymanor like this.