1st time beet grower

Have never needed a thyregod in before Christmas in the coldest of years. Not saying it’s a good idea to leave in the fields for the next 30 days but is there much of a benefit yield-wise?

We pulled beet on st Patrick’s day with an armor and no problems. I be inclined to leave the beet a while more. 5t in a month will make a big difference to my pocket. Might pull some by mid nov on wards and maybe try get the rest out by Christmas

I have often seen beet do close to 5Ton/acre extra in October, but I have never seen it in November.
There will be a good bit of root development still from leaf shrinkage as the frosts kill off leaf area, I doubt it will be near 1T a week from here on and nowhere near that if you are using the tops as well.

I have often seen beet do close to 5Ton/acre extra in October, but I have never seen it in November.
There will be a good bit of root development still from leaf shrinkage as the frosts kill off leaf area, I doubt it will be near 1T a week from here on and nowhere near that if you are using the tops as well.
I’d be inclined to agree with you here Gone. 5 t/ac in October and less than half that in November. Huge difference. Keep the harvester going once once November begins.

Pulled these last week with the thyregod. Some kind of crown rot or deficiency in some patches. Guy in with an armer before me had no hope

Attachments

• E62DE8E6-4465-4DC8-B646-5ABE3D6A4C11.jpeg
    E62DE8E6-4465-4DC8-B646-5ABE3D6A4C11.jpeg
    372.5 KB · Views: 84
Wow, have often seen crops in April with better tops. Is it in heavy soil? Did it receive any boron do you know?
It got boron with the fertilizer and one spraying. Land is dry. Dust flying from harvester. There was patches like this. Beet was excellent in other parts of the field.

Another 26 acres pulling on for the thyregod this week. That will be 75 acres pulled with that machine already. All new customers. What a strange year

It’s very early for the thyregod. These men are using the beet themselves so need it all. I’d say there’ll be no problem selling beet this year (I hope anyway)

Back