2 old Deere questions

Beltbreaker

First one- I am reckoning the hydralic pump on our 6506 is getting terminal was bought as a 60l/min but wondering if it is possible to upgrade to a 110l/min and has anyone done it? Got a Quickie 770 on the front and is very slow to react even when pump was good

Second one- Tank as seen in pic below at the welds a few times over the last couple of years was quoted £545+Vat to replace. Common problem according to dealer but its been of twice in the last 3 weeks. Any thoughts appreciated on extending its life- finding a cheaper replacement.

Cheers BB

Attachments

• DSC00070.jpg
    DSC00070.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 52
come on folks some one must know the answer bbs query,plus we a a chilton loader on a big renault and it is slow as heck to lift but the tractor has loads of flow.is there some restrictor on the loader?

its a chilton we have on a 60L/min renault wouldnt say it was slow but the next tractor its going on will b a 110L/min oil flow .
1 place we go into treated themself to a new jd with loader and the put a hi oil flow pump onto the tractor and its good .
you got your loader plumed in right grumps , straight into the spool block with 3 pipes flow, return and dump

i assume ours is 110 litres as is a 696 and it came all plumbed in and looks professionally done.but we have a 6400 valtra with a 960 quicke and it is twice as fast as the chilton.

theres dials on the top of the spool block for controling the oil flow but if your loader plumed in right , ie not just quick releas fittings , it shouldnt affect it

yup i know about them dials use them to slow the dung spreader floor,reckon there must be some thing on the loader making it slow as it coups a trailer fast as heck.

First one- I am reckoning the hydralic pump on our 6506 is getting terminal was bought as a 60l/min but wondering if it is possible to upgrade to a 110l/min and has anyone done it? Got a Quickie 770 on the front and is very slow to react even when pump was good

Second one- Tank as seen in pic below at the welds a few times over the last couple of years was quoted £545+Vat to replace. Common problem according to dealer but its been of twice in the last 3 weeks. Any thoughts appreciated on extending its life- finding a cheaper replacement.

Cheers BB

Are you sure pump is the problem ? - I would be getting pressure/flow test done b4 going any further - assume you have drain trans and checked sution screen, 6506 is getting on and may be shedding brake material & blocking screen, just had to do my 6400 for this - while in there run a magnet around the bottom of the housing and see if you get any metal, could be diff pinion bearing has shed its cage, had too do this also on the 6400 and have done my 6600 in the past.
Another issue they have is splitting internally the 3PL valve block loosing pressure/flow, tho on the 4 or 5 of these I have done is serious enuff that loader would probably not lift anything rather than just being slow. This can be seen by removing the SCV blocks (carefully as there is little discs in there that need to go back in the correct places) and is usually quite visable.
Is there a restrictor in the line to the loader/or if plugged into SCV's have you a faulty QRC, if button type these can sometimes tilt over not releasing properly restricting flow, or spring broken/weak - had this many a time.

On the second question - not sure what you mean, not sure what is behind "screen" as not seen b4 - presume you don't mean tank to right :001_rolleyes:

i think he does mean the tank and the welds are cracking,but could be wrong although that rarely happens:thumbup:

Cheers for the help. It is the welds around the extra oil tank which are splitting. Gonna weld of 3mm plate around the tank and see what happens then try a breaker if it fails.

Re the slow pump I have just done a hydralic oil change (awkward Bloody of a job campared to others), gauze at the bottom was clear. The loader response has always been slow and now feels really slow with a 150l/min pump on the telehandler. The 770 (2.2 tonne lift) has far stouter rams in comparison to say a 950 so would take more filling I assume 60l/min is pretty poor by todays standards.

Cheers BB

Back