2wd drive tractors

A man who used to spread lime around here for most of the 70s and 80s , as well as cutting silage, had an 1135 for.a couple of years around 84 85 ish. He told me that it weighed 7 tons . He was spreading on ploughed ground and the time for me , and was apologising for its weight . He had a couple of Ursus 385a's (4wd), before it , and a Muirhill 121 replaced the 1135. The Muirhill was his last tractor before he retired from contractor and concentrated on mechanicing.
A family very near me have an 1135. It hasn't been used for a while. I was being stored inside. I might see if I can track it down for a photo.

A 3120 or 3125 was a handy MF tractor beside an 1135 and Dan near as powerful. A 699 was livelier due to not being much along with half the weight.
i had to google the weight of an 1135 and it says 6.1 ton versus 3.7 for a 2 wd 8011 so my memory is not all i thought it was :oops2:, i drew corn with both and always thought there was only a ton between them although to look at them you,d say the massey was twice the weight

You must have a fine fleet of Masseys. Have you many of them?
Don't have a fleet of Massey's at all, we have four here, I suppose a small "fleet". 3 do all the work and we have a 135 that my dad bought new in 64 one of the very early ones. We change 1 of the main tractors every 3 years but the 135 will stay as long as I'm here, after my day my sons can fight over it. We only keep massey's so ave had a few over the years, been v lucky with them.

You must have a fine fleet of Masseys. Have you many of them?

Don't have a fleet of Massey's at all, we have four here, I suppose a small "fleet". 3 do all the work and we have a 135 that my dad bought new in 64 one of the very early ones. We change 1 of the main tractors every 3 years but the 135 will stay as long as I'm here, after my day my sons can fight over it. We only keep massey's so ave had a few over the years, been v lucky with them.

@Peter , you have a "Ferguson through the ages fleet " yourself. And the 135 that's that's nearly 50 years. Complete with galvanised rims .

This just looks wrong...:sweat::cry::no:
https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/new-holland-t-6020-plus-2wd-c-w-cab-suspension/17829477

NjM0MzdhZDliZjY4MTNjNzE4NDk0ZmRkZDM2MTE2NGUKf2nFO4uYwgAFuN2jT6UZaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b185MzQ2OTk3M3x8fDYwMHg2MDB8fHx8fHx8fA==.jpeg

Modern day Ford 7710 :rolleyes2:

In fairness to it it looks a little less gawky than the NH 6020 a few posts up.

I agree completely but then we wouldn't really be comparing like with like. The MF 6400 range is the equivalent to the T6000 above and I've never seen one of those in 2wd in Ireland or the UK.

Google doesn't give anything either!

I agree completely but then we wouldn't really be comparing like with like. The MF 6400 range is the equivalent to the T6000 above and I've never seen one of those in 2wd in Ireland or the UK.

Was the 6400 range available anywhere in the world in 2wd? African markets? I know you could get the 3000 range in 2wd often seen a 3065 or a 3075 in 2wd.

The dyna4 5455 is a direct competitor to the electroshift NH T6020, in my book.
We can argue which is better, but they are like for like.
Similar weights, NH is fractionally heavier, but nothing in it really
Similar hp, NH slightly higher till the boost kicks in on the MF.
Both 16 speed semi powershift with 4 x 4 gearboxes with shuttle, I would give MF edge on gearbox and shuttle?
Similar hydraulic and lift capabilities, twin pump MF probably has edge on oil flow, NH probably has edge on lift capacity, but again nothing in it

Was the 6400 range available anywhere in the world in 2wd? African markets? I know you could get the 3000 range in 2wd often seen a 3065 or a 3075 in 2wd.

I don't think so I can't find one anywhere on the WWW.

Mixed fleet has a 2wd 3090 and Arthur had one too.

I don't think so I can't find one anywhere on the WWW.

Mixed fleet has a 2wd 3090 and Arthur had one too.
I've seen a 6480 t3 in 2wd on another forum it was in the U.K., it was a cancelled order if I remember correctly. I'd imagine they produce them for the American markets north & south. I'm fairly sure the fact they're more expensive than a 4wd now doesn't help they're numbers

Attachments

• IMG_0133.JPG
    IMG_0133.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0131.JPG
    IMG_0131.JPG
    123.9 KB · Views: 54
Back