2wd drive tractors

These 2wd JD's must be more common than you'd think. Two nice examples here.

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/john-deere-6300/23072419

OWVjMTlmNzliM2Y4MzRkNDNjZTUyZWNiOGRjYjBhZjF5IaPYU30y4WKuWwyTDf08aHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzMyNjM1NDl8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

https://www.donedeal.ie/tractors-for-sale/john-deere-6100/23082129

ZmEwNTllM2YzZTg0YjY2ZDIzNmRkMGRmMDAxYzQ5NzHuNisWssYYwRsuBXE_Dw5xaHR0cDovL3MzLWV1LXdlc3QtMS5hbWF6b25hd3MuY29tL2RvbmVkZWFsLmllLXBob3Rvcy9waG90b18xMzMzMzg5Nzd8fHw2MDB4NjAwfHx8fHx8fHw=.jpeg

Both seem to have that manual reverse transmission which is awful to drive and would be terrible with the loader as in 2nd example.
Neighbour had a 4wd 6400 + loader on that gearbox and said it was his worst tractor buying mistake ever.
Bought the tractor to last a decade or more but moved it on after 18 months.

There's a few of them around strokestown. Most driven by elderly farmers. Used as much as a mode of transport than for farming purposes. There's a lad that buys a brand new one every second year.

I worked in new Zealand when I was younger, granted it was the Canterbury plains but it does seem 2Wd have more staying power abroad ?

Suppose higher power 2wd tractors never sold here in the first place, 150hp 2wd were common in America, obviously more a reflection of the terrain

I have had a drive in it. It's actually pretty lively. like newHnew inside it. He has 2 other modern mf 2wd's in the yard too. I won't tell you the price of the 5425. I cant see anyone going that far when a 4wd can be got for less.
How much is it?

I have had a drive in it. It's actually pretty lively. like newHnew inside it. He has 2 other modern mf 2wd's in the yard too. I won't tell you the price of the 5425. I cant see anyone going that far when a 4wd can be got for less.
I’m guessing 25,000.....

I worked in new Zealand when I was younger, granted it was the Canterbury plains but it does seem 2Wd have more staying power abroad ?

Suppose higher power 2wd tractors never sold here in the first place, 150hp 2wd were common in America, obviously more a reflection of the terrain
saw the same in Canada.
Was there on an exchange and the neighbour of one farm was asking what he should buy.
He wanted 100hp as his main loader tractor.
Couldn't decide if 4wd was going to be worth it.
And if a self leveling loader was worth bothering with.

I told him you'd hardly see a 2wd tractor round here and non self leveling would be just as rare.

Thing is that area was a wet one.
Had some big 2wd tractors about there.

If that 5425 is the kind if money we think it is, it makes a lot of those 2wd 4245's and 4255's which were advertised look cheap when in the mid teens

Been looking for a 4245 2wd for the last while and prices seem to be increasing. They all seem be in low to mid twenties.

Back