4G interference

Arthur

Just wondering is this problem exclusively mine but when the 4G mobile phones in this house are receiving or sending they cause interference with the TV by crackling and flashing lines across the screen.

I've not noticed it anyway, our 4g router (sorry dp) is behind the telly.

That said, we are 100℅ sky here, nothing coming in on a conventional aerial

Never noticed it with 4g and standard aerial. That's with router in the same room or 4g data straight on the phone.

I've not noticed it anyway, our 4g router (sorry dp) is behind the telly.

That said, we are 100℅ sky here, nothing coming in on a conventional aerial
All Sky TV here too, other thing I notice is it only happens on the TV that has a magic eye controlling the Sky box but will happen even when the phone user is in a different part of the house.

magic eye, that's sending the signal to another part of the house right?

Wirelessly?

Probably interfering with each other. check the label of the signal extender and see does it mention anything about frequencies?

magic eye, that's sending the signal to another part of the house right?

Wirelessly?

Probably interfering with each other. check the label of the signal extender and see does it mention anything about frequencies?
The magic eye sends the signal to the Sky box through the coaxial cable.

The magic eye sends the signal to the Sky box through the coaxial cable.
It could still be causing your problem though, as the magic eye could be receiving signals from the 4g.
I remember my internet provider saying magic eyes sometime cause issues with wifi signals too.

Change ur rf number on the sky box and rescan to that.. send me a private message if u want anymore help i will talk u through it no problem

Change ur rf number on the sky box and rescan to that.. send me a private message if u want anymore help i will talk u through it no problem
@paddyg , can you give me the knowhow to change that number and rescan, telly hopping off the wall tonight.

No the magic eye just let's u watch sky in another room and control the sky box from there.. Have to watch the same sky in both rooms..
I presumed that was what he meant though?
The ones here are similar to the one in the pic below, plug the coax from the sky box into the grey 'box' and the black lead into the tv.
The eye usually sticks to the top of the tv where your Sky remote can hit it.
I think I heard something a few years ago that new Sky boxes werent working with magic eyes (That Sky preferred you paid for extra boxes for bedrooms etc) but i'm not 100% sure on that.

magic%20eye%202_1.jpg

The ones here are similar to the one in the pic below, plug the coax from the sky box into the grey 'box' and the black lead into the tv.
I think I heard something a few years ago that new Sky boxes werent working with magic eyes (That Sky preferred you paid for extra boxes for bedrooms etc) but i'm not 100% sure on that.

magic%20eye%202_1.jpg
Ah ok I get u now... Yes the newer sky box's don't have the rf output and require a io link or modulator to be distributed to other rooms

magic%20eye%202_1.jpg
I've just noticed the eye here has dropped down between the wall and the telly completely out of view and it's still picking up from the Sky remote..

Back