5 Seater Crew Cab Commercial Critera

Have seen a new disco 4 thats taxed commercial and there is absolutely no obvious difference.aybe just that its 5 seat rather than 7... But just normal back seats that fold flat. Might be some tint on back windows but that isn't necessarily related to it. But if i ever managed to go for something along those lines id prob limo tint the back windows for security if i was leaving much in it...

I was told that the new pajero will not qualify for commercial road tax and that any that were taxed at commercial rate, the owners will be contacted and will have to pay €1800 road tax, the low rate vrt remains the same and vat is reclaimable.
I heard that the toyota is ok as the landcruiser is classed as a commercial N1 by them at production. Anybody else hear anything?

I was told that the new pajero will not qualify for commercial road tax and that any that were taxed at commercial rate, the owners will be contacted and will have to pay €1800 road tax, the low rate vrt remains the same and vat is reclaimable.
I heard that the toyota is ok as the landcruiser is classed as a commercial N1 by them at production. Anybody else hear anything?

Not a word ,and the brother had no trouble taxing it commercial

Taken From: http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/vrt/regulation-678-2011.pdf

Thought this might be useful info for anyone looking to convert a passenger jeep to 5 seat commercial.

Just reading through that again and I see where the cargo carrying capacity has to be equal or greater then the passenger capacity or weight iykwim?. I've been searching around online but I can't find what weight the rsa or whoever does it allow for the passengers, is it for example 100kg's per passenger giving a passenger weight of 500kg's over the 5 seats?. I weighed the jeep this morning and it came in at 1820kg's unladen and it's gvw is 2495kg's so that's 675 kg's of carrying capacity. Anyone know if thats enough to qualify for the crew cab category?. I could get it to weigh less if I drained the fuel tank to near empty,(30 or 40 kg's I suppose if that would help).

3.6.1. For such purposes, the following equations shall be satisfied in all configurations, in particular when all seating positions are occupied:
(a) when N = 0:
P – M ≥ 100 kg
(b) when 0 < N ≤ 2:
P – (M + N × 68) ≥ 150 kg;
(c) when N > 2:
P – (M + N × 68) ≥ N × 68;
where the letters have the following meaning:
“P” is the technically permissible maximum laden mass;
“M” is the mass in running order;
“N” is the number of seating positions excluding the driver’s seating position.

68kg per person.

so by my maths:
(c) when N > 2:
P – (M + N × 68) ≥ N × 68;

2495- (1820+ (4x68))= 403 which is greater than 4x68, so I think that means the weight criteria is ok.

basically you need to be able to carry more goods than people, by weight. I think

I was talking to the man over the crew cab thing on these jeeps this evening and he says it's weights are good so I can get the crew cab category on it. I asked him about the partition and that I'd read online that it wasn't necessary to have but he said you couldn't believe the daylights out of anything on the net yet JB's link clearly says that with proper tie downs a partition isn't required. If I have to fit a partition I will but I don't want to do it and then be told there was no need at some later point. What do you lads think?.

I think there is a lot of confusion, im aware of one jeep that was bought new in 2012, as a 5 seat commercial it was taxed at €310, but the owner cant get it re taxed now, the revenue want him to tax it as a car.

I got the impression that it might be some sort of an Irish special, the regs don't require a partition on new builds, but conversions do seem to require em according to the call i made to riverstick motors

I got the impression that it might be some sort of an Irish special, the regs don't require a partition on new builds, but conversions do seem to require em according to the call i made to riverstick motors

Why doesn't that surprise me:rolleyes:. I'll call a few places tomorrow and see what they say on it.

Does anyone know if the Ranger Rover 2004 model will qualify for commercial tax?

ring riverstick motors they will tell you if a particular model can or cannot be converted.

I'm not sure the range rovers can as their boot opening isnt massive. but riversick will know for sure.

Does anyone know if the Ranger Rover 2004 model will qualify for commercial tax?

I don't think it will qualify. I'm almost certain it's only the newest and the top of the range, range rover that qualifies for the crew cab job. Laois co co engineer lad told me that himself when I was asking him about which jeeps did and didn't qualify.

Didnt you get the jeep crewcabbed after [MENTION=2898]diesel power[/MENTION]? What did it entail? Or what they do? And how much?

I'd be going back to the garage and looking for a serious refund if I was sold something and the rules changed?

Been not told that all crew cabbing of jeeps was suspended last week anyone hear if it got go ahead again on landcruiser and the like?

Anyone know anything about converting a 05 commercial jeep to a 5 seater crewcab. It's a Nissan Pathfinder. All information appreciated.

Anyone know anything about converting a 05 commercial jeep to a 5 seater crewcab. It's a Nissan Pathfinder. All information appreciated.
Your about 2 months too late,cant be done any longer.whole crewcab thing is tightened since first few days of November.

Back