6 Nations 2020

Discussion in 'Sport' started by Arthur, Feb 1, 2020.

1. Arthur

Arthur Well-Known Member

hard to know what to say about England v Wales, in a sense the final scoreline was fitting though some will say it didn't reflect the game, pity there wasn't a few more minutes in it, Farrell should have seen yellow early in the game and England certainly didn't deserve what looked might be 4 trys and a bonus point, some fairly sore bodies after.

2. jcb411abuser

jcb411abuser Well-Known Member

We didn't see it on virgin media, but this Joe marler incident, I only played a few seasons of low low level stuff, but crotch grabbing was definitely not something I've seen. Is this an English thing? I see no excuse, yes he meant it in jest but AWJ isn't laughing and no matter who else does if he isn't then it's just totally and utterly wrong.

3. Burdizzo

Burdizzo Well-Known Member

It was daft. Jones did well not to lose the rag. The gas thing is he could serve his ban and still be available for the final game (even though it's only Italy). His club Harlequins won't be happy. Wonder does England foot the bill for his wages while suspended?

4. jcb411abuser

Just thinking that. I'm not sure who pays him serving a ban? Are you eligible for pay? Maybe there is insurance for the club.

5. Burdizzo

Burdizzo Well-Known Member

He'd have to be paid. England probably cover it was "working" for them at the time

6. jcb411abuser

Not sure. Some American sports apparently you get suspended with no pay. Tried googling it but idk.

7. jcb411abuser

Read an article there where a Scottish player was suspended from rugby for 3 months for an assault not during play and he wasnt paid during his suspension. So I doubt marler would get paid during his either.

Burdizzo likes this.