6 Nations

Arthur

That time of year again, Scotland is my dark horse this time around, still would have Ireland or England as title contenders.

Wonder how much of a threat Scotland will really be?will probably have one or two good games. England will be the usual bish bash but tactics and quality play will bet them. Wales have 10 of the scarlets I think in the team and the full back line is all scarlets , this will help as they are always playing together. Last time they did that they had 12 ospreys and won the championship. Italy will get a win but not sure where maybe against France. France have really lost there spark and turned into a bish bash team which thy cant play very well.
Ireland to win the tournament , the depth in the team is getting better every year and there are some great young players coming through with great potential.
Quote of the tournament “France to get the wooden spoon” .

Ireland are been talked up, dont see where all the confidence is coming from, rigid game plan that can be out foxed by a equal team relatively easily. Given the player anything less than 4 wins would be a poor championship. Im stick to 3 wins

It's a massive ask to beat France.
The last time we won in Paris, a young Brian o Driscoll, announced himself to the world of rugby with a three tries.
I'm out of touch recently, I went to the Ireland v South Africa match, not a very entertaining game, South Africa were very poor, we were good against a poor team, This six nations is about building for the World Cup, England are building for a serous attempt at the World Cup, they want to win it.
So should we, I think we have never been in such a strong position, we may have had as good a team, but never the debth in the squad.
Win one game at a time.
Really looking forward to Scotland v Wales.

I’m not a sport guy but saw the last 20 mins of the game in a shopping centre - savage result! Supposed to be a very intimidating place to play the French.

I’m not a sport guy but saw the last 20 mins of the game in a shopping centre - savage result! Supposed to be a very intimidating place to play the French.
There will be some very unhappy French persons tonight that's for sure,, as you say it's a hard venue to win at,,

Oh lord, Scotland started looking like they might cause an upset but fell away quickly, had no answer to Wales and poor handling, penalties and kicking their posession back to Wales it was hard to see how they had hammered Australia last Autumn, Halfpenny's kicking was brilliant not to mention 2 tries, if the posts were only a yard apart he would have split them. More importantly 41 phases and a drop goal that had nothing to spare 2 minutes past time made up for a missed penalty and a lapse in defence that let the French run in a try, RESULT..:sweat:

Tmo:2guns::fight:
The commentators were giving the touchdown but doubting whether it was a knock on until the TMO decided it came off his knee then dismissed the touch down, I thought they didn't study it enough TBH but the other thing is would it have been converted if the try was given, the decision could still be pivotal to the result of the championship, not the best of conditions to play in and too many handling errors didn't help Wales' case but credit to them for holding England scoreless in the second half. We gave 3 soft tries to Italy which won't have gone down well with Joe.

Back