054.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 134
  • 055.jpg
    055.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 142
  • 056.jpg
    056.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 135
Pulls great. The front axle lifts, so its handy in the field or when turning tight on concrete. Brakes are savage on it.

Ah I see. Handy feature as you'd scrub the shit out of the tyres turning.
I'd say that alright, some kick off the air brakes. One tip of the pedal and you'd be nearly out through the windscreen :lol:

Ah I see. Handy feature as you'd scrub the shit out of the tyres turning.
I'd say that alright, some kick off the air brakes. One tip of the pedal and you'd be nearly out through the windscreen :lol:

Exactly. Saves the brakes on the tractor, and comforting to know you can stop when you have to:thumbup1:

Exactly. Saves the brakes on the tractor, and comforting to know you can stop when you have to:thumbup1:

Yes agree 100%. Dodgy hydraulic brakes would wake ya up fair quick when going downhill with a grain trailer full to the b***x :sweatdrop:

Yes agree 100%. Dodgy hydraulic brakes would wake ya up fair quick when going downhill with a grain trailer full to the b***x :sweatdrop:

I know what ya mean. The blue tandem in the first pic there is harder to stop than the tri-axle. I think a lot of the hydraulic rams on some of these trailer brakes are too small to be honest.

I know what ya mean. The blue tandem in the first pic there is harder to stop than the tri-axle. I think a lot of the hydraulic rams on some of these trailers are too small to be honest.

Yes, you could be right there actually. Not up to the job of all this hauling.
Its all ok until something will happen as we say here :001_unsure:

is there enuf oil in the backend of a tractor to tip it up?, takes a fair shot of oil to put her up full id imagine.

Savage trailer lad how much does it hold ?

Depends, but there was 23 tons of oats on her and I have had
24 ton of barley before. Don't usually load her to the neck, as soon as she is relatively full off of the combine, we head off with it. Ashamed to say it, but had 31 ton of stone on her on a trial run:blushing:

24 ton of barley before. Don't usually load her to the neck, as soon as she is relatively full off of the combine, we head off with it. Ashamed to say it, but had 31 ton of stone on her on a trial run:blushing:
that would take the cobwebs out of any yoke....

is there enuf oil in the backend of a tractor to tip it up?, takes a fair shot of oil to put her up full id imagine.

Tractor holds 160 Litres of backend oil. She could tip the ram up fully, but I welded a sleeve around the first stage, as we shortened the trailer by about 9 feet and do not need all of the stages. Cancelling out the first section makes a huge difference.

Nice load of barley at that.
31 tonne :ohmy: say the tractor up front was growling with that weight behind.

She pulled it suprisingly well. With no load on her, she would not be as lively as say a tm or something similar, but a big load does not deaden her that much.

She pulled it suprisingly well. With no load on her, she would not be as lively as say a tm or something similar, but a big load does not deaden her that much.

Once you'd get the rig rolling at all they'd move away no bother to them after.
Must be a good backup of torque in the 8870.

She is looking well there mate :thumbup1:

Your brother would want to hurry up though or else the co-op will be closed :laugh::laugh:

I think I am right in saying that is the 3rd season for that trailer :confused1:

Looks like you had a better morning down there than up here....

Once you'd get the rig rolling at all they'd move away no bother to them after.
Must be a good backup of torque in the 8870.

She put out around 1300 NM on the dyno. She's putting out over 240 hp@1600rpm. Think its about 45-48% torque back-up.

She is looking well there mate :thumbup1:

Your brother would want to hurry up though or else the co-op will be closed :laugh::laugh:

I think I am right in saying that is the 3rd season for that trailer :confused1:

Looks like you had a better morning down there than up here....

Think its the 3rd year alright Nash. Time flies. Morning was good, but got dull at 12. Rain came at 1. How about yourselves?

Think its the 3rd year alright Nash. Time flies. Morning was good, but got dull at 12. Rain came at 1. How about yourselves?

Haven't pulled out yet that I know of. Ours not quite there (late varieties). Our man was at silage today and was still at it in the rain this evening. :laugh:

He is getting itchy so I'd say Wednesday/Thursday he'll be out.

Most of the neighbours cut a bit today but not as good as yesterday obviously.

Was starting to drop rain when we went for the spuds at 1.

Back