A few Ford pics

Oh right, thought you had more than the 8870. She helps out when needed so. Yes, not worth putting on when the big wheels will be off again in a short time.

95% of the time I am completely on my own (like with the winter planting), so it is not really much of an advantage to have the 8670 here. I can swap from the ring roller to the rapid in about 5 minutes, and she has that bit of extra power, so i'd be done quicker anyhow. If I had someone to drive the 8670, I'd leave her on the ring roller alright.

I take it the latest bit of work cleaned out the exhaust a good bit :laugh:

Oh, and I'm surprised you are still using the loader on the 6600 :laugh::laugh:

I take it the latest bit of work cleaned out the exhaust a good bit :laugh:

Oh, and I'm surprised you are still using the loader on the 6600 :laugh::laugh:

That has still to be sorted, this week possibly, although I have KC on friday and no study done yet:scared:

Only reason I used her is she has the bar for holding the wheel up at the back of the forks. I'm gonna make a purpose built one for the TS, so did not bother putting one on the bale fork I made. I'm gonna do the clutch on her next week, and replace the flexible hydraulic hoses and then she's off for a complete strip-down:thumbup:

That has still to be sorted, this week possibly, although I have KC on friday and no study done yet:scared:

Only reason I used her is she has the bar for holding the wheel up at the back of the forks. I'm gonna make a purpose built one for the TS, so did not bother putting one on the bale fork I made. I'm gonna do the clutch on her next week, and replace the flexible hydraulic hoses and then she's off for a complete strip-down:thumbup:

Your brother might want you to bring a load of stone to my neighbour :whistling: this week so maybe bring the 8870 instead of them hired in lorries :lol::lol:

Oh the dreaded KC best of luck anyway :thumbup1:

Didn't think the clutch was too bad in the 6600 and I'm sure she will be mint when done - Cork or over to the master?

I'm doing the clutch and any other bits myself, while Barty D will do the bodywork, he's just up the road now:thumbup:
The clutch ain't gone in her, but I'd rather do it now before she's painted up. That clutch is in her since 1993!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm doing the clutch and any other bits myself, while Barty D will do the bodywork, he's just up the road now:thumbup:
The clutch ain't gone in her, but I'd rather do it now before she's painted up. That clutch is in her since 1993!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah :ohmy: :thumbup:

You won't be able to use her when she is done then :lol:

A few Quarry pics from back in the day, if anyone is interested. SOrry that they are so small.

Attachments

• img107.jpg
    img107.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 99
  • img113.jpg
    img113.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 97
  • img106.jpg
    img106.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 97
  • img135.jpg
    img135.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 88
  • img061.jpg
    img061.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 105
A few Quarry pics from back in the day, if anyone is interested. SOrry that they are so small.

Very good :thumbup1: Ahh the old volvo loader. I had some fun in one of them, would baulk at the sight of a hill and couldn't wait to go down them as the brakes were well goosed :laugh: Some warriors them loaders.

Very good :thumbup1: Ahh the old volvo loader. I had some fun in one of them, would baulk at the sight of a hill and couldn't wait to go down them as the brakes were well goosed :laugh: Some warriors them loaders.

The boys in the quarry still maintain that they are the best thing ever to level the ground, as you were so close to the action:laugh:

Unusual looking bucket on her, its still in the quarry even though she must be gone over 30 years ago.

The boys in the quarry still maintain that they are the best thing ever to level the ground, as you were so close to the action:laugh:

I'd say that ya. Uncle in law has one but she's the later type with the black loader arms instead of yellow. Some yoke to start and load on hard ground according to his worker. It don't like hills and is slow and noisy as the exhaust is buggered but what a loader to go all the same. Some stuff in them.
Very simple to use and operate. Do grand around the yard tbh if ya could even get a good one which is some task I'd say.

Now that is well before our times :scared::thumbup:

Late 70's I guess and in the old place.

I hear the neighbour is keeping them busy this week :001_rolleyes:

I'd say that ya. Uncle in law has one but she's the later type with the black loader arms instead of yellow. Some yoke to start and load on hard ground according to his worker. It don't like hills and is slow and noisy as the exhaust is buggered but what a loader to go all the same. Some stuff in them.
Very simple to use and operate. Do grand around the yard tbh if ya could even get a good one which is some task I'd say.

Yeah, the Volvo stuff is good alright. They bought a CAT 950, a 966 and a volvo 1240 within a year or two in the quarry, only the volvo is still there. To be fair, the CAT's were probably heavier built with regard to the articulation point, tin work, pins etc, but the Volvo engine and mechanicals were super reliable, and she was and still is an animal to push into heaps cos of a low ratio in 1st (although retired for quite a while now). The old lads told us of when they were fairly new, they put the bucket of the 1240 against the 966, and she damn near shoved her back, only for the cat was much heavier. Amazing to think that the 1240 had Z bar linkage even back then.

Now that is well before our times :scared::thumbup:

Late 70's I guess and in the old place.

I hear the neighbour is keeping them busy this week :001_rolleyes:

Maybe they might pull through these hard times with large customers placing orders such as himself:lol:

I was hauling stone today, as the digger man was here to scrape the yard and level the stone. I will show the "after pics tomorrow if all the stone has not washed away:scared:

Pic 1 The yard this morning
Pic 2 First load of the day
Pic 3 First load of grade b 3 inch down tipped out
Pic 4 This is the steep ramp out of the "hole". Does not look too bad in the pic, but this has defeated numerous tractors.
Pic 5 Almost 13 ton of clause 804 in the bucket.

Attachments

• 024 (Large).jpg
    024 (Large).jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 142
  • 018 (Large).jpg
    018 (Large).jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 146
  • 013 (Large).jpg
    013 (Large).jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 151
  • 007 (Large).jpg
    007 (Large).jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 151
  • 003 (Large).jpg
    003 (Large).jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 144
The famous hole :whistling: - we have been told not to go down there :lol::whistling:

What is the new Orange loader?

The famous hole :whistling: - we have been told not to go down there :lol::whistling:

What is the new Orange loader?

A mistake!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Actually a Fiat Kobelco, she has been there about 4 years now I'd say. They said they would give her a try as they are mixed up with Hitachi some way now, and the Hitachi diggers are excellent. Alas, the loader is not!!!

Thats a fine trailer skimmer:thumbup1: Id say ya would want to be wise enough about where ya tip her, she could come a cropper handy enough?

Thats a fine trailer skimmer:thumbup1: Id say ya would want to be wise enough about where ya tip her, she could come a cropper handy enough?

You would think that, but she is far more steady than our tandem axle tipping, probably due to the single ram at the front. There have been times where we had to let down the tandem halfway through tipping out a load of barley down in the co-op, and this may be only a very slight slope. The 2 rams always seem "rock" the body as they reach the end of each stage.

The "after" pics of the yard, + 250ton+ of stone.

Attachments

• 008 (Large).jpg
    008 (Large).jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 137
  • 009 (Large).jpg
    009 (Large).jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 134
  • 010 (Large).jpg
    010 (Large).jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 129
  • 011 (Large).jpg
    011 (Large).jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 132
Finally, the lads in the Quarry were mad for me to put a big load on her to set a new "record" for a tractor pulling up out of the hole. The previous record, held by a chipped to 400hp+ Fendt 936 and smith tri-axle stood at 30 tonnes.
So, I said on the last load of the day, I'd throw the 2 tonne weight block on the front links and give it a go. Now first off, I want to say that I did not bring the load home , I tipped it up, as you can see from the pics and re-loaded with a more sensible weight, as I'm not that crazy, and I know it's a bit juvenile, but it was worth it just so the lads can give the aforementioned previous "record" holder a good slagging about how an ould ford costing 1/10th of the mighty fendt smashed the record:lol:
Any way, the record now stands at 36140kg, with a gross weight of approx 52000kg. I'm sure it won't be long til it will be challenged again;)

Attachments

• 002 (Large).jpg
    002 (Large).jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 169
  • 003 (Large).jpg
    003 (Large).jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 156
  • 005 (Large).jpg
    005 (Large).jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 153
  • 007 (Large).jpg
    007 (Large).jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 155
The digger driver is a good'un.
Apparently that 936 and tri axle weighed in with a load of barley at just under 50 tonnes on the old dublin road one day. Half a tonne more and they would not have been able to weigh him.

Back