a few of our machines

We usually used stone burriers for the same reason, the stones were still there but below the surface. We had a 1.5m on a compact tractor for handy lawns and awkwards bits and a heavy duty 2.5m for anywhere it would fit.
we ran a stone burrier a good few years ago,but were never 100% with its results so we went away from them.

What class of a yoke was it? There's a big difference between a good one and a bad one.
was a major,think it was 2m or could be 2.5m,dont get me wrong ,it was burring the stones,but was leaving the ground too fluffy,we wernt happy with it being that fluffy,

was a major,think it was 2m or could be 2.5m,dont get me wrong ,it was burring the stones,but was leaving the ground too fluffy,we wernt happy with it being that fluffy,
I had a 2m Major, traded it for a 2.5m heavy-duty Rota Dairon, no comparison in either quality of work or price of machine :eek3:

I had a 2m Major, traded it for a 2.5m heavy-duty Rota Dairon, no comparison in either quality of work or price of machine :eek3:
yes we had seen a rota darion working,was one not that far from here,but as i said it was the finish we wernt happy with,was also to do with the settlement of the lawns after.
anyway burriers wernt for us.
ran the rockhound for years ,but needed ideal conditions for it to work perfect,but bought the harley/blec about 10/12 years ago,and havent looked back since,

yes we had seen a rota darion working,was one not that far from here,but as i said it was the finish we wernt happy with,was also to do with the settlement of the lawns after.
ran the rockhound for years ,but needed ideal conditions for it to work perfect,but bought the harley/blec about 10/12 years ago,and havent looked back since,
There was a standard Rota Dairon and a heavy-duty, the one we had weighed over 2 tonne and had a serious packer roller on it, there was nothing fluffy about it, worked it side-by-side with the standard machine on a golf course job one time and you could see every stroke of each machine a fortnight later. Used to use one of those Harley rakes on a compact tractor too, a good machine but a lot of work gathering up after it. Different machines for different jobs, we worked 3m Thyregod and Kverneland rakes too, they all had their place.

Why were you ploughing it if the topsoil was going to be stripped of it?:scratchhead:
I still plough the odd football pitch for a crowd from the north and its as tippcon says,sodds will be small and especially if its sprayed but leaves it far easier on the dozer to push it off when its ploughed.

There was a standard Rota Dairon and a heavy-duty, the one we had weighed over 2 tonne and had a serious packer roller on it, there was nothing fluffy about it, worked it side-by-side with the standard machine on a golf course job one time and you could see every stroke of each machine a fortnight later. Used to use one of those Harley rakes on a compact tractor too, a good machine but a lot of work gathering up after it. Different machines for different jobs, we worked 3m Thyregod and Kverneland rakes too, they all had their place.
4m Thyregod and KV I should have said :rolleyes2:

Could be worse, I had a job one spring a good few years ago grubbing up fairways on a hillside golf course, they had been seeded the previous autumn and washed away during the winter. One of the most satisfying jobs I ever had, topped only by ploughing a golf course a few years later that the topsoil was going to be stripped off. If only there were a few golfers out on it while I was at it.....

Was that the one dug up by a notorious Dublin criminal?

No ,just passing through,and wanted to collect a few bits that i was getting cut up the road there.
Had no coverage coming through the village and pulled in and took the picture and then i had 3g
Must be the 8th wonder of fore

Ah yes the star attraction of Westmeath tourism.
Go on @jd-baz admit it, you were getting in a bit of pre Crimbo retail therapy at Sylvan Tractor Parts :rolleyes2::rolleyes2::rolleyes2::rolleyes2::rolleyes2:
Maybe something special for OH.

Ah yes the star attraction of Westmeath tourism.
Go on @jd-baz admit it, you were getting in a bit of pre Crimbo retail therapy at Sylvan Tractor Parts :rolleyes2::rolleyes2::rolleyes2::rolleyes2::rolleyes2:
Maybe something special for OH.

It wouldn't want to be John's smooth talk ,for his OH ,unless the fairer sex get a different line in chat.

we ran a stone burrier a good few years ago,but were never 100% with its results so we went away from them.

What class of a yoke was it? There's a big difference between a good one and a bad one.

finally i have found the two right people who may be able to offer an opton, what type of machine is best for stony fields in ireland, is the kneverland stone rake as good as it gets

Bought this girl before xmas last year,doing odd jobs on it throughout the year,
Always wanted one and we tempted at buying one after the 3350 but bought a 3650 then and then onto a 6910s to replace the 36.knew where this one was sitting in a shed for 12 years,had put a bid in for it a few times but eventually we came to an agreement.
Bought it with the intention of getting her out an odd day with an odd machine just to stretch her legs,but being so busy this past year i only get her out for a few small bits.
Did a few jobs on her mechanically and replaced a few bits,nearly everything is still available genuine.had the wheels from a few other tractors.Few small other bits to do on it yet.
9111869C-6B43-4103-8BC3-36BAAF56372B.jpeg 7A3BB602-5682-4FF3-9E7C-AAA87C377A56.jpeg B04F5D78-110B-4C99-8092-390B0FE897CA.jpeg 74A1EBFC-6AC1-4B4C-8DB0-7D54C8E70480.jpeg 01B3C776-C963-424E-84F2-03BEE67F9F75.jpeg 3583BCED-302C-496B-AD83-53D0823515CE.jpeg

Bought this girl before xmas last year,doing odd jobs on it throughout the year,
Always wanted one and we tempted at buying one after the 3350 but bought a 3650 then and then onto a 6910s to replace the 36.knew where this one was sitting in a shed for 12 years,had put a bid in for it a few times but eventually we came to an agreement.
Bought it with the intention of getting her out an odd day with an odd machine just to stretch her legs,but being so busy this past year i only get her out for a few small bits.
Did a few jobs on her mechanically and replaced a few bits,nearly everything is still available genuine.had the wheels from a few other tractors.Few small other bits to do on it yet.
View attachment 62623 View attachment 62624 View attachment 62625 View attachment 62626 View attachment 62627 View attachment 62628

A beauty. Bet there’s a sweet sound out of that pipe.

Would you care to give us a bit of her background? When I hear that it was sitting in a shed it gets very interesting.

No problem if it’s confidential.

Well wear.

Back