a few of our machines

A beauty. Bet there’s a sweet sound out of that pipe.

Would you care to give us a bit of her background? When I hear that it was sitting in a shed it gets very interesting.

No problem if it’s confidential.

Well wear.
Agh no its no secret,a college friend bought it back in 2005 to pull a lowloader and a dump trailer but he got offered work in australia a few months later and headed off and ended staying 12 years she was backed into a shed and only came out once for a road run when he was home one xmas.i had seen it when he got it and i knew she was there.
I had bid him a few times when he was in aus but he wasn’t giving in,he came home before xmas last year for good and i said id go down and hammer out the deal when he would be home.
1990 with 7500 genuine hours.
Yeah she give a good bark alright,he had a stainless pipe on it but i got a friend to make another with a sweeping bend,i sprayed it heat resistant black to take the bling look off it but still have the bark,
Got 6 new injector nozzles in her last October and took the pump off to give her a bit more juice,shes set at between 4455 and 4755 settings at the minute so should be about 175hp

any pics of the other stuff that was there ?
If you’re on Facebook there’s about 150 pictures on my page, mr’s baz had the camera out
Ill try put a few on here,for some reason im having bother uploading pictures to the site off the phone

As a few on here will know,i recently tied the knot to my long time better half on November 9th,we thought it be nice to have some of our green girls there to help celebrate,we had the 7810 and 4055 at the hotel door and the 1120 and 1130 at the church door.5AE6C403-F494-4601-A6E7-BF273E5D64CD.jpegCBC8BEC4-1F74-4E14-AF41-EE69803BEC8D.jpeg 31CE889C-F770-40AF-A5FA-AC1F1E8FFA4F.jpegE20713C4-8B4E-4A8B-B4E6-B8012EF843E9.jpeg 4D2B80DE-7F27-4139-BDCB-B5967D2671DD.jpegCDCD68C1-05E7-4CF4-9F68-AA090D3CD9BC.jpeg AE2C8370-3717-4DE0-8F2D-B83285C906F2.jpeg

As a few on here will know,i recently tied the knot to my long time better half on November 9th,we thought it be nice to have some of our green girls there to help celebrate,we had the 7810 and 4055 at the hotel door and the 1120 and 1130 at the church door.View attachment 72507View attachment 72508 View attachment 72509View attachment 72510 View attachment 72506View attachment 72505 View attachment 72511

Congratulations B, I wish you both a long happy life together.

That 4055 is :tt1:

Congratulations B, I wish you both a long happy life together.

That 4055 is :tt1:
Thanks j,
gave the 4055 a freshen up before the big day,finished it off on the final days up to the wedding,very happy with how she turned out.
We had a great day,as did our guests.luckily enough the weather held out for us.

congrats Barry best wishes to you both . so did she hang the for sale sign on the tractors yet. Good idea her letting you spruce them up for the wedding....

Last edited:
Congrats Barry and your better half. It must be great to get to reduce the borrowings by 50%:Thumbp2::lol::lol:.
It was only when it was spelled out for me recently, I also knew Bob. Never put 2 and 2 together :sad:

Congrats Barry and your better half. It must be great to get to reduce the borrowings by 50%:Thumbp2::lol::lol:.
It was only when it was spelled out for me recently, I also knew Bob. Never put 2 and 2 together :sad:
Borrowings and the dreaded tax bill.... yes ya sure did,thought ya were cuter than that,didn’t we all share the same class room.....

ABDA95D3-92F2-4F65-8109-9DC74501D2ED.jpeg 41F8AF22-B39D-401D-BA9C-D1EDE878317C.jpeg
threatening putting up a shed in a long time ,wanted something to be able to drive in to with a machine on when you come home at night,
Built it in a way that i can come off it again at some stage,alot of people ask why so high but my father always had it bet in to me that nobody will ever complain about a she’d been too high,
Want to use some of it to store hay and straw maybe later,
Iv it faced in a way that the weather 99% of the time never goes towards it.
Didn’t get round to wiring it but hope to put a few high bay led lights in it.

I think we'd all like a shed like that :tt1: 40ft at the front I take it? Must be a large beam holding up that width?

View attachment 72669 View attachment 72670
threatening putting up a shed in a long time ,wanted something to be able to drive in to with a machine on when you come home at night,
Built it in a way that i can come off it again at some stage,alot of people ask why so high but my father always had it bet in to me that nobody will ever complain about a she’d been too high,
Want to use some of it to store hay and straw maybe later,
Iv it faced in a way that the weather 99% of the time never goes towards it.
Didn’t get round to wiring it but hope to put a few high bay led lights in it.

A damn fine shed Barry. You didn’t spare the steel either. Your father was a wise man.

Its 100x40x20, with two 40ft bays,using two 457x191 beams and three 406’s to hold them up, and 10inch steel everywhere else,
Have round bales of hay in one bay at the moment at 4 high and place for another one.
Have another shed here with a 16ft door and do have to be watching it the odd time,

When we built the silage pit at 24 ft to the eaves in 1980 the comment was does he think its a fuckin cathedral hes putting up ,to roll with the loadall now . Cracker of a shed there @jd-baz fair like the wide bays. The 100 x 40 here was built with its back to the prevailing wind and for some reason it created a kind vortex you could be 6 feet inside the front and still get wet and with a dead level floor the whole thing was soaking wet .after adding a 10 feet overhang to the front that cured it completely even the overhang stays dry now.

Back