A record I would say?

Jesus it looks fair well:thumbup:. Our own drill was modified to do 15m tramlines by it's PO but we work on 12's ourselves. Been meaning to look up a 12m tramline wheel. If you had one I'd be interested. Also the valve thing the wheel works on was acting up on ours last week and it wasn't tramlining at all for a while. I'd to get down and put in the blankers myself every tram run. Annoyance of the highest order:rolleyes:. Pm if you prefer.
I'd have a 12m tramline wheel and cog here diesel power, the adjustment on the valve control rod might be out a bit. It's generally a reliable component bar a small oil weep sometimes. You can contact me on 087 6730630 if you need help with adjustments.
MF30

I'd have a 12m tramline wheel and cog here diesel power, the adjustment on the valve control rod might be out a bit. It's generally a reliable component bar a small oil weep sometimes. You can contact me on 087 6730630 if you need help with adjustments.
MF30

There's 5 clicks on the current wheel before it tramlines. Is that a 15m wheel or a 12m?. The drill itself had 4 extra discs put in with 2 on the outsides one each side sowing in front of the wheels so it's sowing wider widths if that makes sense.

There's 5 clicks on the current wheel before it tramlines. Is that a 15m wheel or a 12m?. The drill itself had 4 extra discs put in with 2 on the outsides one each side sowing in front of the wheels so it's sowing wider widths if that makes sense.

Your drill was originally 2.4m yes?

In that case, it's a 12m wheel. The five clicks as you say are on our one too.

It can also be put on a 3m machine to do 15m tramlines or a 4m machine for 20m tramlines.

Your drill was originally 2.4m yes?

In that case, it's a 12m wheel. The five clicks as you say are on our one too.

It can also be put on a 3m machine to do 15m tramlines or a 4m machine for 20m tramlines.

Er, I suppose it would have been. So I actually want a 4 click wheel for ours then to do 12m?. Is there any such thing?.

Yes there is an 8 tooth wheel with 2 hollows in it which is 4 clicks per cycle. If you measure your sowing width and number of coulters I'll be able to say which wheel suits. I was presuming yours is a 3 metre 23 row narrow spacing or a 3 metre 19 row wide spacing machine?
MF30

Er, I suppose it would have been. So I actually want a 4 click wheel for ours then to do 12m?. Is there any such thing?.

There is for a 3m machine like MF30 has referred to.

I'd say your machine is an imperial 15 row machine originally which would be around 2.5m and those extra four coulters make it 3m. Seems like a lot of effort to go to!

Get out the tape sure and see but I'm sure MF30 will sort you out (he is fed of me with texts and calls at this stage :D:thumbup:), his username on here is very apt in any case :thumbup:

Yes there is an 8 tooth wheel with 2 hollows in it which is 4 clicks per cycle. If you measure your sowing width and number of coulters I'll be able to say which wheel suits. I was presuming yours is a 3 metre 23 row narrow spacing or a 3 metre 19 row wide spacing machine?
MF30
It's sowing 3m and has 19 rows all told.
There is for a 3m machine like MF30 has referred to.

I'd say your machine is an imperial 15 row machine originally which would be around 2.5m and those extra four coulters make it 3m. Seems like a lot of effort to go to!

Get out the tape sure and see but I'm sure MF30 will sort you out (he is fed of me with texts and calls at this stage :D:thumbup:), his username on here is very apt in any case :thumbup:

Aye it was a 15 row before yer man modded it. Nice bit went into doing it but cost wise I'd say a few hundred for the extra discs and that was about it. The 4 extra fitted are using 4 of the fertilizer metering points on the back. Works well tbf.

Diesel power, how narrow are the spacings now then? If they're around 4 and 7/8 inch spacing, then it probably was a 2.5 meter machine originally. Either way if you're sowing 3 m wide and you want 12m tramlines the 8 toothed tram wheel is the one you need. You will need to half sow the first headland or double sow the second headland to get the field set up properly for 12 m. The 3m MF30 drills have a lever on either side to disengage half the drive for the half run-just don't forget to switch the lever back on or you will have nice wide tramlines (around 3m) every 3 metres up and down the field! Nice and stripey! :blushing:
MF30

Diesel power, how narrow are the spacings now then? If they're around 4 and 7/8 inch spacing, then it probably was a 2.5 meter machine originally. Either way if you're sowing 3 m wide and you want 12m tramlines the 8 toothed tram wheel is the one you need. You will need to half sow the first headland or double sow the second headland to get the field set up properly for 12 m. The 3m MF30 drills have a lever on either side to disengage half the drive for the half run-just don't forget to switch the lever back on or you will have nice wide tramlines (around 3m) every 3 metres up and down the field! Nice and stripey! :blushing:
MF30

[MENTION=5031]MF30[/MENTION] yep the double sow on the headlands is what I do to get the tramlines right for the sprayer. Have you one of those 8 toothed wheels?.

[MENTION=2898]diesel power[/MENTION] we have a mf 30 rusting away with a tram line kit for 12 m . Might be what you are after pm if you want .

Are those my feet

Yes a light run of the Karat and then the 30:thumbup:

I see Chris sowing outside ballon today out the Carlow side. Tipping along nicely. Seen the ford with the duals on rolling. Doing a great job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[MENTION=5031]MF30[/MENTION] yep the double sow on the headlands is what I do to get the tramlines right for the sprayer. Have you one of those 8 toothed wheels?.

Yes, have one here if you need one diesel power, but if Laois farmer has one make sure to get the pawl (short rod that mates with the teeth on the yellow wheel) which has to match the yellow wheel as the pawl is similar to the 15 m one but a few mm different which will work most of the time but not all of the time!
MF30

I see Chris sowing outside ballon today out the Carlow side. Tipping along nicely. Seen the ford with the duals on rolling. Doing a great job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:thumbup:
Just under 60 acres sown in 3 days and all rolled in great conditions

Sprayed most of the wheat today.

Attachments

• 20151104_125200.jpg
    20151104_125200.jpg
    169.1 KB · Views: 76
  • 20151104_125212.jpg
    20151104_125212.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 69
  • 20151104_170629.jpg
    20151104_170629.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 76
  • 20151104_170624.jpg
    20151104_170624.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 78
  • 20151104_170614.jpg
    20151104_170614.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 72
I have a 3m MF30 here.
Can any of you in all honesty, tell me that yields are better with the modern drills?
I know the one pass has an advantage in winter crops but, in spring barley sowing, has the 50K drill plus 150hp tractor any advantage over the 3K MF30 and a 80hp tractor pulling it running on the smell of diesel.
I planted into 20 acres last year that got one run of a treble K and the other fields were planted with a one pass pulled with a 200hp tractor.
No difference in yield, output was higher with the massey and I put the fert down.
Are we farming for fashion now or profit?

I have a 3m MF30 here.
Can any of you in all honesty, tell me that yields are better with the modern drills?
I know the one pass has an advantage in winter crops but, in spring barley sowing, has the 50K drill plus 150hp tractor any advantage over the 3K MF30 and a 80hp tractor pulling it running on the smell of diesel.
I planted into 20 acres last year that got one run of a treble K and the other fields were planted with a one pass pulled with a 200hp tractor.
No difference in yield, output was higher with the massey and I put the fert down.

Sometimes i do wonder is it for profit or fashion surely [MENTION=2944]wheatwhacker[/MENTION]

I have a 3m MF30 here.

It has been a good autumn and the MF30 really worked well and will leave more money in my pocket, but if I still had 100 acres to sow we would plough and sow that in 3 fairly dry days with a onepass at it's ease and they need not be together.
I would need 6 dry days in a row to get it done with the 30.
The MF30 is a great way to sow in good conditions, but when things are tough, weather is against you, it is impossible to beat a high output plough and 3M onepass right behind you.

I have a 3m MF30 here.
I think we had the exact same discussion on this before around the bigger seed/fert drills!

Gone's point is very valid though, it is more time/labour consuming that your usual one pass job.

I'd also reckon you'd get a near mint MF 30 for a lot less than 3k, certainly I looked at one recently that was a lot less than that.

I think we had the exact same discussion on this before around the bigger seed/fert drills!

Gone's point is very valid though, it is more time/labour consuming that your usual one pass job.

I'd also reckon you'd get a near mint MF 30 for a lot less than 3k, certainly I looked at one recently that was a lot less than that.

And I don't think that discussion got anywhere really except for 1 mans way of setting crops is far better than the other mans and vice versa etc

And I don't think that discussion got anywhere really except for 1 mans way of setting crops is far better than the other mans and vice versa etc

:) yes I agree.
I just always remember an old American farmer telling me that profit was what you sell minus what it costs to produce.
The bottom line is the bottom line at the end of the day.

Back