A stepless PTO on a cvt tractor

FarmerFredrik

Hey, i've been wondering on this thing for a while, we have cvt tractors that we can have more econominal by lower rpm on fields when ground is lighter.
Want to know what you think about this; A hydraulic stepless gearbox between the crank axle and pto, and therefore no noars in pto, you just choose like 540rpm for baling and when empty baler and little grass, tractor goes on like 1400rpm and full baler 1900rpm..
Do you get what i mean? And on the same time the hydraulic gearbox could have a reverse gear witch would have been super on baling..
Should i send my idea to fendt or what??:clap::clap:

anything to complicated and you'll loose to much power through it , electric motor may be the way round it :unsure:
Deere bought out a tractor with a built in generator didn't they. So that machines could use electric motors
What became of that?

Mind you don't suppose an electric motor is an option on many things?!

Deere bought out a tractor with a built in generator didn't they. So that machines could use electric motors
What became of that?

Never seen one in real life a few listed for sale in Europe was the 7530 E premium might have been sold as a 7430 also.

Reactions: AYF
What became of that?

SDF also had some sort of generator built in where the flywheeel is which also doubled as the starter motor.

Reactions: AYF
Thanks for great answears, the case link is just the thing i was after.. but that haven't become more interesting for other makes, wich might mean it's not more econominal because of the power loss and all just keep driving with gears.. but might be the same as vario gearboxes, it takes a while before it get popular..

Thanks for great answears, the case link is just the thing i was after.. but that haven't become more interesting for other makes, wich might mean it's not more econominal because of the power loss and all just keep driving with gears.. but might be the same as vario gearboxes, it takes a while before it get popular..
They are trying to figure on the next step in development of implement drives. Do they use a motor on the tractor to turn a pto shaft or do away with the pto altogether and put the drive motor on the implement.
The ideas and prototypes are there but no one has committed to anything yet.

Realistically the pto needs to be abolished... eventually hydraulic or electric is much safer easier to connect and infinitely variable. .
I can see them eventually going the electric route. Diesel electric tractors or pure electric and swap batteries.

We
What are you going to use to swap a battery on a 500hp Tractor? A chinook?
Idk something similar maybe to the jd ballast system under the tractor?
Maybe keep the higher horsepower tractors diesel electric and under 200hp pure electric?
Don't fendt have a tractor that runs pure electric for 5 hours? At 5 hours with most tractors working in close vicinity to the farm you can come back and either charge while you get something to eat or swap a battery at the farm.
Where there is a will there is a way only issue is getting manufacturers to agree on doing it the same way.

Look up ‘Rich Rebuilds’ on YT. He’s doing a lot with Tesla’s (which is a whole story in itself and tesla blocking people from buying parts and doing service work)

But he pulls the batteries from tesla’s regularly.

If that battery is equivalent to 75 litre fuel tank for range, you are going to need something 4 times bigger to get a 300L tank that most 130hp tractors would be equipped with. It would probably weigh a ton or more in its own right and if i’m not mistaken for batteries to be efficient they need to be in a linear set up, you’d be talking something about the size of a double mattress

The fendt is indeed available.

The E100, its 67hp and takes around an hour to charge. Its hardly grounbreaking stuff, probably not far removed from a Nissan Leaf or even the milk floats that were running around London 25 years ago.

For me the future is alternative fuels, using similar configs as today, things like methane etc.

The fendt is indeed available.

The E100, its 67hp and takes around an hour to charge. Its hardly grounbreaking stuff, probably not far removed from a Nissan Leaf or even the milk floats that were running around London 25 years ago.

For me the future is alternative fuels, using similar configs as today, things like methane etc.
But 5 hour charge, 8 till 1 in the afternoon, stop for dinner which is an hour, go till 6 or 7 charge another hour over tea, work till 12 if you want and charge over night.
Or if you can't charge that fast then battery swap.

But 5 hour charge, 8 till 1 in the afternoon, stop for dinner which is an hour, go till 6 or 7 charge another hour over tea, work till 12 if you want and charge over night.

If the technology allows it then yes, perhaps with a fast charger. But you are talking perfect world type scenario there. The truth is that until technology develops this theory is flawed for most progressive farming operations.

Read the post above the fendt one for my thinking

If the technology allows it then yes, perhaps with a fast charger. But you are talking perfect world type scenario there. The truth is that until technology develops this theory is flawed for most progressive farming operations.

Read the post above the fendt one for my thinking
I understand what you're saying. It won't suit everyone yet but there is a place for it. I'd love it here I think we could make it work well for ourselves.
The amount possibilities with an electric drive I think are what appeal to me.
Imagine if you were to buy a tractor at 120hp for a 10ft mower but in the future wanted to upgrade to a 20ft setup, it would just be the case of adding a battery pack to the tractor, it would be managed either in extra ballast options or even as part of the mower.
Need more traction and power? 3 point linkage attachable battery pack with axle and rear lift, or a front axle. All these are then so easy to configure to your drive software on your tractor, it would just be like adding drivers to your pc.

That's okay if you aren't busy, but what about the days when you start at 4 work until 12 quick 10-20 mins to eat then work until 7 half hour to eat then work on until 11 or 12?

That's okay if you aren't busy, but what about the days when you start at 4 work until 12 quick 10-20 mins to eat then work until 7 half hour to eat then work on until 11 or 12?
Battery swap. Look as I said it doesn't suit everyone yet. The tech will improve, next step I'd like to see is diesel electric tractors.

Back