Acrs

Didn't have acrs in our 14/14 and hated it,you were forever making sure you didn't over milk cows.

Had them in my 12/24,24/24 and now my 32/64,wouldn't ever be without them,just keep throwing the units on.

+1 have them for the last 10years in a 10unit great job

what else can you buy that you use for 1.5hrs morning and evening and makes your life easier

before you start what way do you milk your cows, are you milking from behind ? or at the side ?

any questions fire away I will try and answer

I milk my cows from the back.its the heavy cluster piece I have would I have to change that for the acr's I also have jars?

14/28 no removers and 24/48 with removers here, they are a great job just about getting away with the 14 here as the parlour isn't used much ,milk through the back legs as well jars shouldn't be much of an issue

i don,t have them but they are on my list, had a lad from the farm relief milk here one time and he said he would install acr,s before feeders in the parlour

What do acrs cost to fit in a recording plant...I'm putting parlour feeders and bin in this year.
Trying to make life easier

I milk my cows from the back.its the heavy cluster piece I have would I have to change that for the acr's I also have jars?

No reason why you would need to change clusters,my first claws didn't have a loop for the acr cord so I bough some 5mm stainless rod and welded it to the claws.

Jars make no difference,you can use acrs for either direct line or jars only difference is you would want a switch to stop your jar emptying if milk recording.

the reason I asked is the back legs is a clear winner for cluster removers, if you are 2ft 2 rather than 2ft 6 better again

most likely the supplier of the removers will appear with the claw pieces with bits welded too them so you can tie on the cord for the remover

must have them running for 15years at this stage, don't think they ever needed much maintenance

It's down to the person milking, and the cow type/ how compact your calving is. For the vast majority of parlours over 14units they are a very good investment, however there still are plenty of lads without them, who have a compact spring calving herd of very simular yielding cows and they much prefer not having acrs, instead they just have a narrow pit, and just walk up and down swapping clusters straight over, it does seem to work well for them in fairness.

place i used to work first put in acr's away back in the early 70's , round about 2 years after they put in the 12x12 parlour . they then had a policy of not taking any or the units off by hand , all units were left on till the acr decided it was time to come off . the idea being every cow was getting milked the same every milking . they kept that policy right up untill he sold the heard about 8 years ago

Had acrs in a 12 point doubled up. Hated them, ripped them out and 12 units to make it a 12 swing over. Just as fast and seems the cows are finishing just as we have the other side in.

Back