Agrotron brake problems.

Tomy0806

Again a prob with my 106 deutz agrotron.
He is constatly braking,what could be a problem and where to look for solution?

Have a look at the handbrake mechanism behind the cab on the left hand side , it can seize on to the shaft .

hmmm...will check that thank u...i went downhill off gear,the machine is,whar 5,5 tons i think,and i barely manage to roll till the end of a hill...and it gets only 34km/h when im driving in top gear.
Oh yea,when i go uphill,i need to change to gear 5,no way to getvto the top at 6...its like he has no power...i presume brakes are cinstatly blocking.

There is a shaft crosswise that the handbrake pivots on behind the cab.
Spray penetrating oil around the joints while someone else moves the brake up and down.
Long term solution is remove the shaft and reduce the diameter slightly

I relesed the handbrake completly,reduced the diameter so i could barley stop with brakes,and again something i blocking him,constatly,tried again off gear,downhill,clutch on,and again barley manage to get till the end of a hill...5tons tractor,of gear,it should go quite far shouldnt it?

You need to use a hammer and a steel rod to beat the handbrake off fully.
Not just slacken off the nuts on the threaded adjuster

It could be the brake Actuators. You should remove them and clean all the hinging pins and put copper grease on then. When you are at it would be no harm to remove the hand brake shaft that runs in front of the cross shaft clean and grease

and nope...not brake problems,i donne it all as u said,and now i can move tractor by myself when of gear,so it aint brakes.
something else then,something is weird with him,my tls button is blinking ,it aint working preperly l,even though i dont know how can that brake the machine.
It doesnt show any error code on display though.
Weird,this machine is like haunted or something. Since the day i bought it. At least it keeps me busy.
Event the guys from Deutz fahr came,attached it to a computer,and no errors what so ever.
Any ideas where to look next?

Four wheel drive definitely turning off? It's active by default, so if you've a hydraulic or electrical issue, it's possibly staying on and causing windup.

Drive in a few circles on a gravel yard and try turning it both on and off, if it's working normally you'll see the difference.

Last edited:
That could be it,it sounds like 4wd is always on,i'll try to turn it of somehow,disconnet the wires or something. Maybe it will work.

That could be it,it sounds like 4wd is always on,i'll try to turn it of somehow,disconnet the wires or something. Maybe it will work.
your 4wd is normally in until engine is running
its a safety feature so if you lose electrics or hydraulics ie on a slope,you have 4wd

you need 12v at the solenoid to release 4wd

Thank u guys will try to work on 4wd , i just found out something weird today, relay 12 i 13 are missing from my fuse box?
I havent touch that,electricity aint really my strong hand,but i had some electricity guys working on that TLS i mentioned earlier,ofc they did nothing,it was working properly for a whole day.
i"ll post pics,of relays missing...
13 it says 4wd solenoid valve?
12 i have no idea for what that is?
Could that be the prob..i mean i havent got that relays?
That is weird.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190401-223209_Photo Editor.jpg
    Screenshot_20190401-223209_Photo Editor.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 39
  • Screenshot_20190401-223359_Photo Editor.jpg
    Screenshot_20190401-223359_Photo Editor.jpg
    77.7 KB · Views: 37
this one,just one year,got it for some debt,looks like guy still owes me money since it aint worth a dime.
I like the way it looks so i thought to keep it for transport jobs mostly.
And for one year i'm just pumping money in him,and still cant get him working properly.
But still aint giving up from him.

this one,just one year,got it for some debt,looks like guy still owes me money since it aint worth a dime.
I like the way it looks so i thought to keep it for transport jobs mostly.
And for one year i'm just pumping money in him,and still cant get him working properly.
But still aint giving up from him.
Seeing as you had it as payment would it be likely the last owner removed them to cause you trouble? Don't suppose they were best pleased losing a tractor.

lol..maybe..lets hope so...i acctually really like the tractor...and it looks really nice,it doesnt look demolished.
But eletricity and hydraulics are giving me headache.

and worst off all is that i cant find anyone who acctually knows what is wrong with it..thats why i'm asking here,guys here are very helpfull and know more then most mechanics that i called to check it out.
I mean guys from deutz fahr were in my garage and told me they cant find any error on him...ffs is they dont know i have no idea who else to ask...ofc they took money.

Theres a few deutz owners on here who could surely look and see what relays are missing for you
They will be a lot cheaper from a auto electronics place than deutz

Theres a few deutz owners on here who could surely look and see what relays are missing for you
They will be a lot cheaper from a auto electronics place than deutz
Even to swap in a similar one from somewhere else on the board to position 13 to see if the 4wd cuts out or whatever

Even to swap in a similar one from somewhere else on the board to position 13 to see if the 4wd cuts out or whatever
I was thinking that someone might take a pic of the relay that supposed to be there as there's a few different types

With the relay being shown as 4WD solenoid valve and not there you would think that's the problem, as said above it needs to be the right one, fairly sure the one on the Steyr here is a change over type as in having 5 terminals.

Back