Allicine bolus for high scc

farmerjack

Anyone try it out? It's supposed to cure high cell count cows, crazy price though @ €45/bolus and handy enough they come in packs of 5 and an ordinary bolus gun is too small for them so the gun is €25. The bolus is only garlic so a clove of garlic for a cow/day for a week. More than likely expensive snake oil.

Anyone try it out? It's supposed to cure high cell count cows, crazy price though @ €45/bolus and handy enough they come in packs of 5 and an ordinary bolus gun is too small for them so the gun is €25. The bolus is only garlic so a clove of garlic for a cow/day for a week. More than likely expensive snake oil.
The best cure for high cell count cows is your friendly local Mart manager!. No point in messing around with them esp in a year like this when grass is very tight and winter feed will even be tighter!

The best cure for high cell count cows is your friendly local Mart manager!. No point in messing around with them esp in a year like this when grass is very tight and winter feed will even be tighter!
Isn't the arse falling out of cull prices? I've plenty feed as I down on numbers already.

To bad that everybody has an opinion and nowone has used the allicine bolus. We use them for reduction of high scc cows with 100% result

To bad that everybody has an opinion and nowone has used the allicine bolus. We use them for reduction of high scc cows with 100% result

So, if you're telling me you are getting a 100% result, I'll tell you I'll pick out 10 high SCC cows, bolus them and I'll pay you double the retail price AFTER they have reduced the SCC in those 10.

I solved the problem without getting rid of any cows, the July milk cheque got a fright though with an scc penalty and discarded milk. I used tylosin injection and tetra delta tubes on the higher cows and used peracitic acid to dip clusters between cows. A few cows around 1.4 million came right without any treatment. Average scc for July was 600k down to 94K last test. The big problem was the liners, I usually change them every August but was milking through all last winter and forgot about changing them.

Back