Aluminium Lorry Body

atbmcc

Well folks,

Just curious what would a 24ft aluminium lorry body like the one in the pic below cost to buy/be worth? Just the aluminium body without any chassis, drawbar, tipper etc.

upload_2020-5-26_10-58-54.png
pic from www.loggin.org

Would one really be worth that much? 5k for just the aluminium body? I suppose scrap price of aluminium would be the base price what ever that is per tonne at the minute? But obviously if theres a demand for them to make trailers from it's worth more than scrap price...

Most that I have seen would have been cut down. A bigger rough one might be less expensive and lads to weld aluminum rarer and expensive.

That's a good few $$! Is there much demand from farmers or agri machinery fabricators then for such a body to put a chassis under? I suppose these things are only worth as much as someone is willing to pay...

That's a good few $$! Is there much demand from farmers or agri machinery fabricators then for such a body to put a chassis under? I suppose these things are only worth as much as someone is willing to pay...

Local trailer manufacturer made quite a few of these aluminium trailers.
http://engineering.toomey.ie/sample-page/

I have used a neighbours twenty foot last year and one of the nicest trailers that I have used even with a good load of oats in it and a 100hp tractor on it.

Most agri trailer manufacturers use Hardox etc rather than ally - not sure why or what the weight difference is, which is why when we bought 2 trailers we went with the Stewart Roadkings as at the time they were the only ones using Hardox in the bodies to keep the weight down.
222C8935-56AC-483A-B837-C337BBF631CF.jpeg
When we had 2 of those bodies built our trucks were the only second hand ones in their yard for a new body to be put on - all the others were brand new, however they do change/build a few new bodies for second hand trucks especially if the work changes.

Back