Animal transport/ welfare

No, whats on it?. Well I gather from your heading it's animal welfare related but what are the non farmers saying about us now?.

A very interesting program about cattle and sheep movement from Europe to middle east and the way there are care for or lack of it

Was about animal transport out of EU to Turkey and Middle East.
I found it a hard watch . The programme showed the bad side of long transports and of Halal killing.
No point burying ones head in the sand , what was shown on it was very bad and unecessary cruelty.

Was about animal transport out of EU to Turkey and Middle East.
I found it a hard watch . The programme showed the bad side of long transports and of Halal killing.
No point burying ones head in the sand , what was shown on it was very bad and unecessary cruelty.
Thats not that story thats related to Animals Australia and is creating a right bit of trouble down under as it's since been proved to be a paid for video and not of any kind of moral upstanding whatsoever?.

IMO! Once you get out side of the U.K. (N bits of Europe) animal welfare particulAry regards transportation and slaughter house dealings are no where near as good as they are here,,
I reckon it's a shyte state of affairs but jumping up and down won't make other countries do it better, it's one of the reasons why certain production costs are higher in the uk than else where

You will comply will welfare issues etc etc etc or you can get assurance,, yet you can go to another country and the same , pigs ,cattle, sheep etc are being treated like shyte and ending potentially on the same plate for a far cheaper production cost,,,

In reality it has to be far more economical to factory the cattle here and transport the carcasses to Africa. There's no need to transport animals that far and have them treated like shit when they get there

I think they said in college that ruminants cannot get sick, but suffer sea sickness far worse; which is rather cruel.

In reality it has to be far more economical to factory the cattle here and transport the carcasses to Africa. There's no need to transport animals that far and have them treated like shit when they get there
You would think so but that point was raised on the programme and the reality seems to be that refridgerated transport would be more costly and this plus the desire to slaughter in their own country was the reason live exports are continuing.
I honestly think / hope that in years to come this trade of exporting out of europe will be regarded as dispensible.

That will most likely be the case, but I think it's more than 4 years in the future.

Back