Another Rescur from the Scrap heap

Discussion in 'Pictures and video' started by fitzy, Apr 3, 2018.

1. fitzy

fitzy Active Member

971 (1).JPG 970.JPG
    Had a mate ask me if I wanted another of his unwanted toys, he had two one for parts and one not far from it, had a stuck hydraulic shuttle on the top of the gearbox and drives like a bought one after it got some love and lanolin.

Case 970, they race them ion the US, not sure how the Missus would go if I entered it in a tractor drag in Oz as a stock standard tractor and got her to drive it, be good entertainment though, for a 40 year old tractor that is known for gearbox issues it sure dose have some grunt and size to it.

2. nashmach

nashmach Moderator

Do they have a powershift gearbox fitzy?

3. ex cw

ex cw Active Member

i think they were built before Case bought David Brown and got the powershift gearbox

4. fitzy

fitzy Active Member

Gday,
    yes they have power shift, the pump on the running one seems to have been replaced not long ago took a bit to get it to go but seems to run well, I have heard many horror stories about them so im glad I have spare parts,

5. DaveR89

DaveR89 Active Member

One under a bush here... the back ends were troublesome... our one has a custom bellhosusing and mated to a zetor back end.. it was done to her in the late eighties when we bought it... was an animal of a tractor and a 399 or bigger wouldnt get a look in with it for sheer pulling power..

6. fitzy

fitzy Active Member

Gday, interesting mod to the back end, with the big long stroke slow revving motor they would just power on all day,

there is a tractor pull in about 12 months in town and I think I should have the bugs out of it by then, in the mean time its going to work with a set of 24 plate drags to get the cobwebs out of it.

7. Arthur

Arthur Well-Known Member

No diff lock in them.

8. fitzy

fitzy Active Member

not sure if they do, need to have a look around and se what all the other leavers do, its been in the weather for a while and no signs left on it

9. fitzy

fitzy Active Member

had some success with the monster, No it dose not have difflock and it has had a roteryhoe on it for about 20 hours on it and is running fine, found a little shinny stuff in the gearbox oil but nothing outside the norm, lowdown grunt is awesome and leaves the 125HP orange Jap thing next door for dead. Its getting a new coat of paint and a clean up now that it has proven to work fine.

Arthur likes this.