AR Drone 2.0

Ó hÉidin

So, following on from this thread: http://www.forum4farming.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9080&page=2&highlight=gopro

i thought i'd upload a video from the AR Drone

now the quality is 1280 X 720 - called HD, its questionable, youtube downgrades video for better streaming anyway.

i left the drone hover for a while to see how stable it was

also i have crashed it, several times, each very spectacular in its own right. so i think the props are a bit unbalanced, which is leading to some of the shaking/distortion. when i'm comfortable i've mastered flying it i will fit a new set of props.

[YOUTUBE]rTx38FeEe8g[/YOUTUBE]

Mind reader!
Was just looking up about these.
Quick question, whats the range like on it?

Nice one, not dear really, what camera is on it?

its an onboard camera, 720P, it streams video pack to the ipad so you can fly it FPV. its can also save video to your ipad from there, but i use a memory stick in the drone, as if wifi deteriorates (and it is wifi controlled) the video quality slips. it also frees up more bandwidth to maintain control of the drone. imo.

Mind reader!
Was just looking up about these.
Quick question, whats the range like on it?

depends really, it will easily do 100m in each direction problem is when it gets out of range, it loses connection, then just sits there and hovers waiting for the next command, the problem is if you go 100m up and catch a cross wind, the thing is gone. as i found out.

so i have limited the altitude to 65m. which really should be 40, but the best shots come from height.

but going back to range, some geeks have set up massizr panel wifi extenders and flown for over a mile.

interestingly i see they have now previewed the ar drone 3.0, called the bebop, and this comes with an option for the sky controller which essentially adds wifi range and so more range to the drone. looks much better but i would imagine it is going to be a shit-the-bed price,

[YOUTUBE]2qDRHSpRkGE[/YOUTUBE]

Undecided. I'm tempted by the preview of the ar 3.0

Which will be q4 of this year.

Not in any great panic

Back