At the mart...

Would you believe it but thats probably the only reason I'd go there:lol:. It certainly isn't for the size of the mart anyway.

Never been to Kilkenny mf so I can't comment but Templemore would be my stomping ground and I went in once and once only for a feed. I was disappointed to say the least. As you say a big bowl of soup and sangiches is all I got. I go up in the car now and go home for the dinner before going back for any purchases.

Kilkenny Mart has some canteen alright, Langtons are running it aren't they? All the smart boys head down to Murphy's in Templemore for the dinner on mart days, only the tight lads would drive home for it. Sure it would probably cost you the price of a 5 course meal in Fiachri House in diesel with that wagon of yours :whistle:

Would you believe it but thats probably the only reason I'd go there:lol:. It certainly isn't for the size of the mart anyway.

Never been to Kilkenny mf so I can't comment but Templemore would be my stomping ground and I went in once and once only for a feed. I was disappointed to say the least. As you say a big bowl of soup and sangiches is all I got. I go up in the car now and go home for the dinner before going back for any purchases.

Ah here, I have heard it all, you drive twice to the mart [emoji3]

Kilkenny Mart has some canteen alright, Langtons are running it aren't they? All the smart boys head down to Murphy's in Templemore for the dinner on mart days, only the tight lads would drive home for it. Sure it would probably cost you the price of a 5 course meal in Fiachri House in diesel with that wagon of yours :whistle:
Nope your wrong there tc. I got a feed in Murphy's last year and I was severly disappointed to say the least both in quality and quantity. Sure like any daycent tractor I came with a good sized fuel tank:D
Ah here, I have heard it all, you drive twice to the mart [emoji3]

Ah Templemore mart is only a 15 minute drive for me Nash. I'd only take the truck and trailer to local marts at peak selling season.

Nope your wrong there tc. I got a feed in Murphy's last year and I was severly disappointed to say the least both in quality and quantity. Sure like any daycent tractor I came with a good sized fuel tank:D

Ah Templemore mart is only a 15 minute drive for me Nash. I'd only take the truck and trailer to local marts at peak selling season.

Can be hit and miss at times alright, maybe I should get Mrs TC to start doing dinners in the front room on a Thursday :lol:

Can be hit and miss at times alright, maybe I should get Mrs TC to start doing dinners in the front room on a Thursday :lol:

Sure why wait till Thursday? I'll be up your way tomorrow:D. Will I eat a small breakfast in anticipation of a large meal?:whistle:

Sure DP mightn't be able to afford it! She would have to serve it to them in the front garden, unless you give the carpet a shot of the Kranzle when they leave with the mucky boots

Sure DP mightn't be able to afford it! She would have to serve it to them in the front garden, unless you give the carpet a shot of the Kranzle when they leave with the mucky boots

Not to worry jf, sure I could always pay by the furry purse.:D

Mountrath mart yesterday saw farmers Aberdeen Angus calves averaging around €120, Friesans were making €40. A hoor of a mart to sell calves in, too many social farm payment farmers around.
Brought in 15 2 yr old steers yesterday, just about the 500kilo mark, €350 with their weight.

Posted from the Ham Bone using Crapatalk 2

Mountrath mart yesterday saw farmers Aberdeen Angus calves averaging around €120, Friesans were making €40. A hoor of a mart to sell calves in, too many social farm payment farmers around.
Brought in 15 2 yr old steers yesterday, just about the 500kilo mark, €350 with their weight.

Were they very FR'y Brucey?

Was thinking of heading up to that mart to see what sort of selection of yearlings is there, [MENTION=2664]bruceythom[/MENTION] when is it on? evening sale?

Were they very FR'y Brucey?
[MENTION=1411]nashmach[/MENTION] Ah, herd is typically high EBI 45%
friesan 50% Holstein , 5% no comment.

Was thinking of heading up to that mart to see what sort of selection of yearlings is there, [MENTION=2664]bruceythom[/MENTION] when is it on? evening sale?
[MENTION=3698]Spanner[/MENTION] Thursday nights the weanling sale in Mountrath. Dont know what time it's on at.

There would be a good selection of continental yearlings there on Thursday nights at 7pm [MENTION=3698]Spanner[/MENTION]

There would be a good selection of continental yearlings there on Thursday nights at 7pm [MENTION=3698]Spanner[/MENTION]

That's what I'm looking for, got near enough what I need for this year but there must be an easier way than trying to grab the few that come through the marts down here where it's mainly FR and HO with a lot left as bulls.

That's what I'm looking for, got near enough what I need for this year but there must be an easier way than trying to grab the few that come through the marts down here where it's mainly FR and HO with a lot left as bulls.

Mountrath would sell a lot of continental cattle that would suit you then
They be pricey though a lot of dealer competition there

Had no time to see mart this week and with some bullock to shift what should I expect for nice br. fr 1.year9 months 400-450 kg I would like around €700 Anyone with a price for middlin -poor wh same age but under 400kg Neighbour who could not buy until now interested . down to my last few bales and he has fields of grass but he must have got a fright last day at mart , he has been down twice looking at my stock since ,these should gain compensaterary growth and capably of putting on 180 kg on grass

Just back from SMB. tough enough trade,

over 500 kgs ...quality continental stock was a flier

lighter and pplain cattle were hard sold

Just back from SMB. tough enough trade,

over 500 kgs ...quality continental stock was a flier

lighter and pplain cattle were hard sold

I was in Roscrea yesterday and can second that. Saw top of the range red Lim heifers 460 kg make 1100. Saw fr bullocks make 150 with the weight but middling poorly done cattle . Saw 2 proper Br Fr bullocks 2 wks ago 455 kg make 910 but you wouldn't find many as good as them. Thought trade yesterday a bit poorer than 2 wks previously. Sols 2 lim bullocks myself. 450 kg black middle of the road out of br fr cow made 925. Rough black lim out of poorer shaped cow 400 made 650 but I would nearly call him ugly , no beauty.

I was in the mart too today [emoji57]

FR's very poor trade and lots of rubbish out.

Very nice CH cattle 380kgs and made over 850.

Nice LIM well fed, 450 and 470kgs, either side of 1000.

LM x FR 310, went to 700.

Just some of the lots I remember and most I had been bidding on them but needless to say no load here tonight.

I was in the mart too today [emoji57]

FR's very poor trade and lots of rubbish out.

Very nice CH cattle 380kgs and made over 850.

Nice LIM well fed, 450 and 470kgs, either side of 1000.

LM x FR 310, went to 700.

Just some of the lots I remember and most I had been bidding on them but needless to say no load here tonight.

I would be taking a load to the mart at those prices.

Back