Auto Darkening Welding Helmet

lough

I got one of these helmets a few months ago but only got around to use it yesterday. When you look through it everything is green and you can't see through it, when you weld you can't see anything either. What is wrong with it, is the battery flat, I had it sitting out all day today in the sun and that made no difference.

I got one of these helmets a few months ago but only got around to use it yesterday. When you look through it everything is green and you can't see through it, when you weld you can't see anything either. What is wrong with it, is the battery flat, I had it sitting out all day today in the sun and that made no difference.
Lower Sensitivity and darkness settings

Or could be a flat battery, or need a plastic strip removed from battery or could need on on-off switch turned on.

I honestly don't know how those things are legal,
No great instructions on how to use or test them, and anything that has sensitivity adjustments for your eyes cant be good in the long term!!!!!
"Dont trust them myself".
They work fine
you cant get flashed as theres a safety margin in the lower shade:rolleyes2:

What lid is it?pics of outside and inside will help

They're extremely handy though when welding a t joint when you are holding (obviously with gloves on) one of the pieces you are welding. When I started off welding in college, couldn't get the stick to where I wanted as I couldn't see anything though the normal helmet. Got my hands on an auto helmet and made life so much easier although I got flashed a few times as the helmet I had wasn't fast enough to darken

They're extremely handy though when welding a t joint when you are holding (obviously with gloves on) one of the pieces you are welding. When I started off welding in college, couldn't get the stick to where I wanted as I couldn't see anything though the normal helmet. Got my hands on an auto helmet and made life so much easier although I got flashed a few times as the helmet I had wasn't fast enough to darken
Was it in CIT you were?
A few dead sound lads in the welding dept. there, probably retired by now , 20 years ago since I was there

Was it faulty or what? Sure it defeats the whole purpose of it can’t react in time.

Was it faulty or what? Sure it defeats the whole purpose of it can’t react in time.
I suppose the one I got was. Get given different helmets each week by them. Couldve been down to my stupidity too which is usually the case with me forgetting about changing the dials before using

Maybe need subtitles for this one,, mechanic friend was needing a welder at a repair, says to the farmer , aye nae bother says he , so Charlie is ready to start,,,, eh, have you a mask? naw says the man but I,v got aufa guid ointment for your een

You cwn get some very elaborate ones when I was working in the welding supplies he sold a few of them with a resperator type set up you were breathing into a thing that was on your back.
I thought I was a good set up as your breathing all the fumes from the welding when Your at it.

You cwn get some very elaborate ones when I was working in the welding supplies he sold a few of them with a resperator type set up you were breathing into a thing that was on your back.
I thought I was a good set up as your breathing all the fumes from the welding when Your at it.
Legal requirement over here now

Back