Bagenal's Pics

Discussion in 'Pictures and video' started by bagenal, May 14, 2016.

1. bagenal

bagenal Well-Known Member

2. Bog Man

Bog Man Well-Known Member

Lovely Pictures now tell us about the day the drawbar got broke off the kockerling .:stop::stop::stop:

3. bagenal

Don't recall the drawbar being broke, is it the grubber or sower you heard about?

4. Bog Man

Maybe it was after your time. The Jungle Telegraph going through Tinryland might not be reliable .

5. bagenal

You know the old saying I'm sure, "believe half of what you see and nothing of what you hear". Jungle Telegraphs are rarely reliable.

6. bagenal

How I spent my Saturday :smile: 20170408_093121.jpg 20170408_170229.jpg 20170408_170248.jpg 20170408_170216.jpg 20170408_170320.jpg

gone, WestCorkBoy, nashmach and 6 others like this.
  7. Danielk

Danielk Well-Known Member

Are these the same tractors I seen out in Fenniscourt last week? We were there at slurry.

8. bagenal

The Deutz definitely wasn't in Fenniscourt. You might have seen one or other of the 6920s though. The 7820 is gone this few years as am I :fight: The 6920s with the loader was in Quinns this morning but the unfriendly driver didn't dismount while I was there :whistle:

9. Bog Man

I remember Rotospiking that field one night and everytime the lights shone in the ditch there were foxes looking out at me . Another morning we went down to load beet at the dip tub and there was a van in the field with a young lad asleep in it . Turned out he had a row with his mother the night before and left the house for the comforts of a field of beet .

bagenal likes this.
  10. Danielk

Danielk Well-Known Member

Yea was a 6920 with the loader and was another 6920 with the sower.

11. bagenal

Quare things do go on around there. My grandmother used to work in the big house across the road when Herriots used to own it. She told us a story about one day she was in the kitchen having her lunch break when there was a knock on the door so she opened it and there was nobody there so she thought it was the farm worker (I can't remember his name) messing. She went back to her lunch and after a while another knock so up she got and again no one. After another while another knock and no one at the door. Anyway the farm man came into the kitchen and she fleeced him out of it for his codology but he swore he was just after returning and it wasn't him knocking the door.
    Years later one of my uncles was driving a lorry for the Eagle Lite ( or a place sounding like that, @Bog Man does that ring any bells) in Carlow and used bring the lorry home and park it in the farm lane. Whatever happened one morning in the early hours that he went over to head away he never again parked there and he never said why.
    It's said there is the ghost of a man on horseback carrying his head around there.

Bog Man and jay gatsby like this.
  12. Bog Man

Eaglelite Engineering was owned by I think a man called Lawler that lived across the road from Devoys Garage . Their factory was at the back of the IT and is now a warehouse for SHAWS . We have a clothes drier made by them and it still works and it is surely 55 years old . They made fan heaters as well . The clothes drier used be used for reviving lambs . We used put the lamb in a cardboard box turn on the heat and when you heard the lamb thumping on the side of the drier it was time to put him back with his mother .

Cran and jay gatsby like this.
  13. AYF

AYF Well-Known Member

Sorry but have visions of a lamb in a tumble dryer here. Poor bastard would be thumping the sides on a quick spin!

JOHNNY BOY likes this.
  14. bagenal

We're protesting against forced eviction by tyrant landlord

20180705_222835.jpg

diesel power, 100-90DT, Win and 7 others like this.
  15. bagenal