Bale Trailer length

image.png
That electonic one doesn't sound great atal I think the best solution is tell myself I need a fastrac high speed and air brakes !!!

This is what you want. A fastrac 3220 and a new black 30ft chieftain low loader with air brakes and abs aswell as far as I remember.

Reactions: max
That's kind of the plan braes locked on so no lad can take the trailer

Its it a good job I wonder
Wouldn't be a big fan of leaving trailers with brakes locked on personally. Have known them stick on if left for too long. Would a lock through the ring not be better for that job? Also means that nobody drives off without releasing the brakes and wasting your tyres.

I've been doing some research on braking lately from what I can see you can get some sort of kit for hydraulic breaks that makes them work like air so when you disconnect them they lock on. This would be a great job I think has anyone fitted thus
These systems have been around for years, as said, the one with the control box isnt without its problems, the one with the r clip and wire rope is much more straight forward.
The new Distag manual one is of course much more straight forward again, talking to the sales rep, he said they had it on trial for most of the summer and it worked very well.
I asked him to send down a couple when they get them back in stock.

@johndeere6920s, that electric one may stop unwanted 'borrowers, but I cant see it stopping the trailer getting stolen.
Have to agree, if they want to steal a trailer they will have their homework done no matter what system is fitted, these little yokes would stop the casual borrower though, http://www.trailock.co.uk/

Will this be legal for sure?
I have a trailer ordered with a hydraulic breakaway .
Would this be a simpler cheaper option ?
Trailer has hyd and air brakes but I have no air yet anyway
From what they told me at the ploughing fully legal for ireland and had got approval for france few day`s before the ploughing .

Trailer here at work is 26 ft inside the rack`s . Will take 6 bales of hay and straw on the floor it`s tight but work`s fine . Second row is only fro six bale`s aswell . Neighbour bought a new lynch trailer last autumn 28 ft long can only get 6 bales of hay and straw on the floor but as the racks are sloped he can get 7 on the second row . The extra bales are an advantage but the extra length is very noticeable when getting it in through tight gate`s . If i was getting a trailer made i`d go for 26`6" and get the rack`s done as in the pic below give`s you the shorter length but the extra bale capacity . Not as drastic as the back one mind .
14068278_1036891059692098_5528881276222033467_n.jpg
Came across a pic today of tràiler in my post loaded

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 141
I thought the total length for a trailer was 40ft fro
Tip of the eye to the back ? That would be 46 at least and then the tack overhanging would be anther 4 , so total somewhere between 48/50 or am I missing something
Yes cant imagine how its legal but a fine trailer none the less

I thought the total length for a trailer was 40ft fro
Tip of the eye to the back ? That would be 46 at least and then the tack overhanging would be anther 4 , so total somewhere between 48/50 or am I missing something
Don't know it's lenght only seen the pics of it on facebook.It was a new build by broughan so you'd think they'd know the laws on it .youd want a fair to get it in through .

What would a new/reconditioned artic cutdown 18ft bale trailer cost roughly folks?
I would go for a 21 ft trailer Nash, 5 bales long is better value if you have the turning area in the yard and gateways for it. 18 would be unusual I'd think. Have a look at Morris engineering website (not far from here, you'd almost pass it at Scarawalsh on your way home) they have nice cutdowns for sale. I'd guess around 4-5k for a new one, around 2k for decent used trailer with brakes etc.
MF30

Tom beresford in dungarvan may be worth a call Nash, the trailers are grand, nothing fancy but sturdy enough and reasonably priced. Someone told me a 26Ft tandem axle was €4700 plus vat with him, welded axles not sprung or bogie but a sprung drawbar. All made up from lorries I think
That's gas. The father priced a lad local to here at the same craic yesterday. Had a 28 ft twin axle lorry body on super singles for 4500 I think it was.
Enquired about a 22 ft single axle and he said somewhere around half the price above. Again nothing fancy but sturdy Trailers

That's gas. The father priced a lad local to here at the same craic yesterday. Had a 28 ft twin axle lorry body on super singles for 4500 I think it was.
Enquired about a 22 ft single axle and he said somewhere around half the price above. Again nothing fancy but sturdy Trailers
I may be wrong with the price above tho,

Tom beresford in dungarvan may be worth a call Nash, the trailers are grand, nothing fancy but sturdy enough and reasonably priced. Someone told me a 26Ft tandem axle was €4700 plus vat with him, welded axles not sprung or bogie but a sprung drawbar. All made up from lorries I think

Are the trailers plated though . Price is keen but if not up to the new regs there not much use .

I have a 31"6 one and it's a lovely trailer to pull its sturdy on the road. I know it's not the size you want. he has a ads on the farmers journal most weeks with price on it for different sizes

I have a 31"6 one and it's a lovely trailer to pull its sturdy on the road. I know it's not the size you want. he has a ads on the farmers journal most weeks with price on it for different sizes
We had @ShaneB140 one at the weekend, same length as that I think. Fine job, nice to pull and quite manoeuvre able for its size, low to the ground too

But it is vital . Meet the wrong guard at a checkpoint with a new unplated trailer and you could be in bother .
But it isn't vital :tt2: we were looking for something to act as a second trailer for field work here. We make small square bales and often caught for a trailer just to back into a shed to get under cover before rain. It would be a second trailer for us and not doing roadwork. If spending decent money we would look for plating alright.

I know there has been a bit on this here but for older Trailers can they look for a plate? I'll read back through the thread when I get some time to refresh my memory.

Ah right
But it isn't vital :tt2: we were looking for something to act as a second trailer for field work here. We make small square bales and often caught for a trailer just to back into a shed to get under cover before rain. It would be a second trailer for us and not doing roadwork. If spending decent money we would look for plating alright.

I know there has been a bit on this here but for older Trailers can they look for a plate? I'll read back through the thread when I get some time to refresh my memory.
. Bresfords ad in the farming indoIMG_3558.JPG

Back