Ball joint or wishbone

Treemover

ball joint is gone on the landcruiser.
I can get upper and lower wishbones for £100+80 plus vat and shipping; or ball joints for £30-40 each.

I'd rather go wishbone as this has bushes, so by the time I buy these replace parts, there's not much in it.

I have 288888 km on her, replaced front shocks, springs, drop links and roll bar bushes. So all that's left really is the wishbones and at these miles I think I should replace them??

Advice and experience welcome

ball joint is gone on the landcruiser.
I can get upper and lower wishbones for £100+80 plus vat and shipping; or ball joints for £30-40 each.

I'd rather go wishbone as this has bushes, so by the time I buy these replace parts, there's not much in it.

I have 288888 km on her, replaced front shocks, springs, drop links and roll bar bushes. So all that's left really is the wishbones and at these miles I think I should replace them??

Advice and experience welcome

Are you paying someone to fit them Treemover? If you are, I'd be more inclined to go full wishbone as labour will be the same for replacing bushes or complete wishbone, If you're fitting yourself which i assume you are, I'd take a chance on just the ball joint, Bushes are about a tenner each if they do need doing at another time, although your post suggests they don't at the moment?

I often have to charge more labour on fitting bushes rather complete wisbbones.

Bushes can be very awkard to get out at times and takes long than just bolting in and an out whole wishbone.

Another thing i dont you get as long out of bushes pressed cos they for the want of better way putting it "there beaten in"

Genuine bushes pressed in and a new ball joint are better than a complete spurious wishbone imo. Some of that spurious stuff shouldn't be sold, dirt.

Milners have genuine Toyota wishbones. I agree about the spurious stuff. I bought some drop links off mister auto and they were gone within months. But anything I have bought from milners or roughtrax seems to be as good or better than genuine.

My only fear going wishbone route is getting the hoors off!! I see on utube you can do the ball joint in situ.

I'd just do the balljoints themselves. Generally there not hard to do at all and should be a lot cheaper then replacing the lot.

Back