Banjaxed Neck

diesel power

Well lads as the title says I've fecked me neck up. Day 3 crippled indoors and f all improvement. Had a bit of a crick all week but spending all day Wednesday drawing home bales on the tractor has left me in semi agony since. All across my shoulders up the side of my neck and shooting pains down the back of my left arm to my elbow. Anyone think physio would be any good?. I may go do something come Monday if this keeps up.

Did you try one of those heat pad things where the pain is? Might help to alleviate it.
I have them Nash and that Voltoral stuff but the latter would be more useful if I rubbed it on the door jam. The heat pads help for a bit but not a lot.

I have them Nash and that Voltoral stuff but the latter would be more useful if I rubbed it on the door jam. The heat pads help for a bit but not a lot.

You are suffering your fair share , dp. you gave half of last year snuffling.

The heat pads can be a great help , I find . Acupuncture can be good. Good lad I hear in Tippcons town, and you regularily pass through there.

For temporary relief you can get some roll on deep heat, will help you get relief and sleep at night but you need to see a physio. I go once a year whenever I feel I'm about to lock up and she does acupuncture also. Come away perfect after half an hour and if I keep doing the few simple excercises she gives me I'm good for another year. The needles are 2 inches long but microscopically thin-I don't even feel them going in. I'd have them every month if I needed them. No need to suffer, but finding the right person is the trick.
MF30

There's supposed to be a fairly good physio in Durrow that a very active friend of herselfs swears by. Feckin herd test tomorrow morning I'm not looking forward to but after dinner I'm going to see that physio if she can see me. God knows I'm not one for seeing doctors or quacks but I've had enough of this. A sore back would actually be less painful then this seized up neck believe it or not.

Spasm?
My back went into spasm last year locked solid for about 4 days then slowly came around.
Fair torture trying to work with it.
Clutching used send a shock up my back like i was after getting electrocuted.

Go to your gp, hurt my back a few weeks ago taking tyres off the pit. Got a difene injection and diazapam tablets and difene tablets. Could actually function after about half an hour after the injection.

I'm suffering the same as you lad since last October, get to a sports physio and go to at least 3-5 sessions with them.

You'll like have an underlying problem which is manifesting itself as pain in your neck.

I'd four seized vertebrae in my upper back and lower neck area, three 45min sessions had me free again, you won't feel the benefit on the day of the session, it'll be two to three days later when you feel the difference.

Go to your gp, hurt my back a few weeks ago taking tyres off the pit. Got a difene injection and diazapam tablets and difene tablets. Could actually function after about half an hour after the injection.

Thats a dodgy thing to do, docter told me before the difine will take away the pain, but wont fix the problem, when the pain goes, you think your grand and go back to work and could end up doing a lot more harm to yourself!

I'm suffering the same as you lad since last October, get to a sports physio and go to at least 3-5 sessions with them.

You'll like have an underlying problem which is manifesting itself as pain in your neck.

I'd four seized vertebrae in my upper back and lower neck area, three 45min sessions had me free again, you won't feel the benefit on the day of the session, it'll be two to three days later when you feel the difference.

same with that tamars thing I get done, rocks the vertebrae in ur back and frees them up, aligns ur spin again, done me a lot of good but I think there is a small twist in the lower part and it wont come out right but if I gave it a chance it might.

funny thing the second last time I went a was told three times to start to do yoga, one by a girl in work, and then by the maintence man 5 minutes later, then by the man in the clinc about an hour later, they were all told the same thing, I have no desire to kiss my own a%*. apparently it would help to keep my back freer and loose, same could help u @diesel power, try the yoga and let us know how u get on

An active young lady skilled in the arts of massage might help.............:laugh:

There's supposed to be a fairly good physio in Durrow that a very active friend of herselfs swears by. Feckin herd test tomorrow morning I'm not looking forward to but after dinner I'm going to see that physio if she can see me. God knows I'm not one for seeing doctors or quacks but I've had enough of this. A sore back would actually be less painful then this seized up neck believe it or not.

same with that tamars thing I get done, rocks the vertebrae in ur back and frees them up, aligns ur spin again, done me a lot of good but I think there is a small twist in the lower part and it wont come out right but if I gave it a chance it might.

funny thing the second last time I went a was told three times to start to do yoga, one by a girl in work, and then by the maintence man 5 minutes later, then by the man in the clinc about an hour later, they were all told the same thing, I have no desire to kiss my own a%*. apparently it would help to keep my back freer and loose, same could help u @diesel power, try the yoga and let us know how u get on
Ah I'm not overly interested in strutting about in a pair of yoga pants @wdah :laugh:. I've an appointment with the physio for tomorrow afternoon so hopefully that'll help a bit. She's a farmers wife and when she was told what I do to eek a living she wasn't one bit surprised.

Ah I'm not overly interested in strutting about in a pair of yoga pants @wdah :laugh:. I've an appointment with the physio for tomorrow afternoon so hopefully that'll help a bit. She's a farmers wife and when she was told what I do to eek a living she wasn't one bit surprised.
Yoga could be bad for you and cause you undue stress due to Polish gym bunnies doing the Upward Dog .

Update, I went for the physio after dinner today. While I can turn my head side to side again I'm as sore as hell from the kneading yer wan did to my poor neck. She riddled me with needles as well some of which I can say did offer some relief. The morning will tell a lot I think.

Back