Banjaxed Neck

Update, I went for the physio after dinner today. While I can turn my head side to side again I'm as sore as hell from the kneading yer wan did to my poor neck. She riddled me with needles as well some of which I can say did offer some relief. The morning will tell a lot I think.
Actually I also went for my annual service today too. The nerve endings twitching from the needles is the most uncomfortable part but it sounds like you found a good butcher. She probably gave you some simple exercises to do with your neck involving a few ostrich like rotations daily. It's very important you keep at these for a few weeks at least. I've always been warned that the next day could be sore but I've never found it bad. The pain relief overrides any residual tenderness.
MF30

Actually I also went for my annual service today too. The nerve endings twitching from the needles is the most uncomfortable part but it sounds like you found a good butcher. She probably gave you some simple exercises to do with your neck involving a few ostrich like rotations daily. It's very important you keep at these for a few weeks at least. I've always been warned that the next day could be sore but I've never found it bad. The pain relief overrides any residual tenderness.
MF30
Aye I've 2 different exercises she gave me. One is rotating both shoulders and the other is putting my chin on my chest then turning fully to one side at a time 10 times. The muscle she put the needles in is as sore as a boil this morning but she did say to expect that.

Might be a herniated disc, the Mrs has 1 at the top of her neck and sounds about the same.
Me I'm just a greedy bugger I've got 4,3 lower back and 1 half way up and arthritis in my back and right hip.
Luckily left hip been done 6 yrs ago.
The words oh my god are not the words you want to hear from the doctor as he looks at the mri scans.
Hospital next month, joy of joys......not.

I know it’s not exactly related, I was crippled with my lower back the last few days. Has been sore for the last few months late in the evenings, as I’d be heading to bed. Tuesday evening, my leg started going numb and Wednesday, had very bad nerve pain all the way down to my foot. Tried to get a doctors appointment yesterday and today and couldn’t, so decided today I would try a physio and managed to get an appointment this afternoon. The difference is unreal since. For the first time in possibly over a year, I could get up off my haunches without actually having to ‘lift’ myself. It’s a bit tender but nothing compared to the pain I was in. He reckons it was an inflamed muscle pressing on my Sciatic nerve that was causing the pain the last few days. I don’t know myself this evening though. It’s great. We’ll see what the morning brings

Fairly well back to myself here tonight thankfully. Whether it was just a bit of time or the physio that did it I don't know but it's a relief to be able to look left and right without my eyes watering near enough.

Fairly well back to myself here tonight thankfully. Whether it was just a bit of time or the physio that did it I don't know but it's a relief to be able to look left and right without my eyes watering near enough.

Its the being waited on hand and foot , and the tea and sympathy from the woman cured you

I know it’s not exactly related, I was crippled with my lower back the last few days. Has been sore for the last few months late in the evenings, as I’d be heading to bed. Tuesday evening, my leg started going numb and Wednesday, had very bad nerve pain all the way down to my foot. Tried to get a doctors appointment yesterday and today and couldn’t, so decided today I would try a physio and managed to get an appointment this afternoon. The difference is unreal since. For the first time in possibly over a year, I could get up off my haunches without actually having to ‘lift’ myself. It’s a bit tender but nothing compared to the pain I was in. He reckons it was an inflamed muscle pressing on my Sciatic nerve that was causing the pain the last few days. I don’t know myself this evening though. It’s great. We’ll see what the morning brings
Your Mrs better look out now:tt1::clap::thumbup:

I knew no good would come of sleeping on that lumpy old mattress.
I could take 1 or 2 of those rolls of €50 notes off your hands , if you were to shift them . An easy fix for your back pain .
Unfortunately your to late to alleviate me of such a burden jf. I spent a few hours in the local mart today :tt2:

Good trade for nice bullocks. First mart I was into since before Christmas so I don't know what way prices were up to today but it is easier to buy then last Dec anyway. Maybe the fodder situation is cooling lads off a bit. In saying that a nice quality Lm or Ch of 500 kilos was freely making 1200. Not really a lot more for that weight.

Back