Basic payment delay

• Thread starter John kverneland
  • Start date
Any change from the previous years application is likely to cause a delay.
Payments were delayed here last year and this year.
There were changes, a company was formed and there were entitlements leased, more land was leased too.
It's my view that dept staff have targets to hit, common sense would suggest that to get through applications quickly, the logical thing to do, would be to do the simple straightforward applications first, leaving any complicated ones until later. I may be completely wrong in my view.
My advice for anyone who has had problems this year, is changing to a company or partnership, or is leasing more land/entitlements for next year.
Is to expect a delayed payment next year, a visit to the dept at the ploughing next September would be time well spent.
We were expecting a bit of a delay but not this much. Was in the dept tent at ploughing and told all was ok. So how is a fella expected to win.

Any change from the previous years application is likely to cause a delay.
Payments were delayed here last year and this year.
There were changes, a company was formed and there were entitlements leased, more land was leased too.

This is why Im so used of delayed payments, constantly dropping and adding land, redigitisation, dual claims by the last farmer.

And now to add to things they can't find my file. Could it get any worse. If you couldn't laf you would cry I tell you

And now to add to things they can't find my file. Could it get any worse. If you couldn't laf you would cry I tell you

Same here all were getting back is bullsh#t answers I tried the local td never got back to me either, I tell you one thing I'm cancelling all those ifa deductions as of tomorrow,

This all regular stuff from the dept if you try and rush them into sorting problems. They like to do things at their own pace and I have found thing often sort themselves faster than been on the phone to them. I always email paperwork (slurry exports etc) after an issue a few years ago, Envelope was delivery but they misplaced some of the paperwork. if you have it on digital copy your home and hosed. The Dept and their officials detest emails as it keeps a record.

I have no experience of dealing with the Dept of Ag but with other depts and public bodies I have had dealings with I have learned to keep copies of any correspondence you send to them and file anything received. I really get a kick out of telling them they are wrong on some matter when I have the relevant document in front of me, manys the good laugh I've had at their incompetence.
Scan everything you need to send by snail mail and save a copy of anything you send by electronic means.
Cover your arse because if you don't then........................... I'll leave the rest to your imagination.

I have no experience of dealing with the Dept of Ag but with other depts and public bodies I have had dealings with I have learned to keep copies of any correspondence you send to them and file anything received. I really get a kick out of telling them they are wrong on some matter when I have the relevant document in front of me, manys the good laugh I've had at their incompetence.
Scan everything you need to send by snail mail and save a copy of anything you send by electronic means.
Cover your arse because if you don't then........................... I'll leave the rest to your imagination.
A government department was telling me that they never received correspondance, I knew I sent it via registered post but mislaid the receipt. Got talking to a different lad one day and he asked me for the registered letter anpost number, I said I hadnt it to hand and the lad being sound, called the number out to me as it was on their system.:laugh:.it was worth a fair few bob to me:Thumbp2:

A government department was telling me that they never received correspondance, I knew I sent it via registered post but mislaid the receipt. Got talking to a different lad one day and he asked me for the registered letter anpost number, I said I hadnt it to hand and the lad being sound, called the number out to me as it was on their system.:laugh:.it was worth a fair few bob to me:Thumbp2:
If it's a small local post office they can look back through their log and get your tracking number for you. Only found this out by accident last year when they lost stuff regarding transferring entitlements. The small local post office will be missed when the powers that be close them

Same here all were getting back is bullsh#t answers I tried the local td never got back to me either, I tell you one thing I'm cancelling all those ifa deductions as of tomorrow,
Have you a local rep in your area that might get a td involved for you that's how we done it. Who did you try? Do you mind me asking what area you are in. Or private mesg me I can get a number for you

Ring them three times a day , five days a week. They will eventually get sick of you.

There's a disillusioned, underachieving , civil cervant trying to find the motivation to press a couple of buttons on his or her computer and it's up to you to give them the courage to do it.

Same as yourself padraig almost sorted but a lot of stress and worry still here..

No sign here yet, People who leased entitlements from me have been paid, I must be due a mother and father of an inspection:thumbup:, sure there are 365 days in 2018 to sort it :scratchhead:

No sign here yet, People who leased entitlements from me have been paid, I must be due a mother and father of an inspection:thumbup:, sure there are 365 days in 2018 to sort it :scratchhead:
2 lads I know of that were waiting both got inspected last week-bet your glad to hear that but you seem immuned to inspections at this stage you have had so much grief....

Still waiting. After a few days on the fone got a person to be told they are waiting on stuff to be sent to them from my advisor. Told them that was done a week before Xmas. Seems to be going around in circles again

Still waiting. After a few days on the fone got a person to be told they are waiting on stuff to be sent to them from my advisor. Told them that was done a week before Xmas. Seems to be going around in circles again

Nothing usually done until the second week at the earliest, must bang them on an email to see what the story with mine

I thought you said your advisor had everything submitted months ago :scratchhead::confused3:

I thought you said your advisor had everything submitted months ago :scratchhead::confused3:
Go back and re-read previous posts iam not going explaining the hole thing again. It was a clarification email they where looking for

N

Not yet. Eventually got true to the woman in the dept that we are dealing with so I've been told they are now on the case and sorting it.!!

It's about time, we got ours just before Christmas, hopefully you will be sorted soon so..

Back