Beef plan

avent

Beef plan is it doing any good or is it just another group going aimlessly no where?
I ask this as almost seven months on nothing seems to have changed or has it?
What are others opinions

The intentions are good and watching some clips from meetings on Facebook there are very genuine people behind it with genuine problems that should be addressed.
At the end of the day there gripe is entirely with the meat factories who are private entities and not obliged to to anything .
Early on there was talk of withholding cattle for improvements but in reality this will never work.fighting talk sounds great but with no power what can they do?
The majority of beef farmers income is direct payments but they are ignoring this entirely. In my view they should be fighting that side also

The intentions are good and watching some clips from meetings on Facebook there are very genuine people behind it with genuine problems that should be addressed.
At the end of the day there gripe is entirely with the meat factories who are private entities and not obliged to to anything .
Early on there was talk of withholding cattle for improvements but in reality this will never work.fighting talk sounds great but with no power what can they do?
The majority of beef farmers income is direct payments but they are ignoring this entirely. In my view they should be fighting that side also

You here all sorts of stories, but apparently goodman has feedlots in Poland to help keep the supply up if hes not getting enough cattle... Or so i heard through the grapevine.

Any of ye contacted about doing the beef plan survey? They want an awful lot of info. How can we be sure that it will stay in their hands only. They say that it's for to set up producer groups. I wouldn't be comfortable giving them that detailed of information

Any of ye contacted about doing the beef plan survey? They want an awful lot of info. How can we be sure that it will stay in their hands only. They say that it's for to set up producer groups. I wouldn't be comfortable giving them that detailed of information

Don't put in your real name and email... just summit your info on ur cattle

Why should a producer group need to know anymore than your projected sales by month, breed and age and whether you are quality assured or not :scratchhead::scratchhead:

I should say I have not seen what they are looking for.

Are they getting anywhere with the protest. Fair play to them for trying but lads are still delivering cattle into factorys. Rumours of them offering 4 a kg to lads for cattle this week . Kilbeggan was meant to have stopped killing yesterday because vets stood with farmers, any F4F members at factory gates?

Are they getting anywhere with the protest. Fair play to them for trying but lads are still delivering cattle into factorys. Rumours of them offering 4 a kg to lads for cattle this week . Kilbeggan was meant to have stopped killing yesterday because vets stood with farmers, any F4F members at factory gates?

Are they trying to stop lads going in or just camping up outside... I reckon fair play to them ..4 lads standing outside our local one must be a beef lads working full time...

I’m usually pro the IFA but I think their carry on lately towards the beef prices and the 100mil fund is almost a scandal, they are doing absolutely nothing and I’ve lost a lot of faith in them as a result. I’m not a beef farmer but I deal with them through work and it’s tough going lately. Fair play to the beef plan for trying somthing but I just feel it could have been done an awful lot better and more effective, the first word I heard on it was Sunday evening that the protest was at 6am Monday morning and I usually hear lots of things due to the nature of my job.

I’m usually pro the IFA but I think their carry on lately towards the beef prices and the 100mil fund is almost a scandal, they are doing absolutely nothing and I’ve lost a lot of faith in them as a result. I’m not a beef farmer but I deal with them through work and it’s tough going lately. Fair play to the beef plan for trying somthing but I just feel it could have been done an awful lot better and more effective, the first word I heard on it was Sunday evening that the protest was at 6am Monday morning and I usually hear lots of things due to the nature of my job.

I'm thinking that it was only for the 'main' lads originally as theres a lot of lads in the group who are only to keep an eye wats happening... my take it if your real interested u got onto one of these lads and the pm you what is the plan... they probably let out the info wen it was to late for the factories to do anything... to blow all that teory out if the water a factory agent told me today they rang him last Thursday that they didn't need cattle the start of the week...who knows

The ifa only care about the big farmers and European handouts.
They are in the hands of the milk processors and meat factories as they collect their levies for them to find the lavish lifestyle. Until they can break that bond they are at nothing and will continue to lose members, it’s a shame really as a strong voice is needed but the IFA who once were a great organisation are now just a puppet for the super powers.
I remember the tractorcade in merian square, I was there, I remember being out all night as a youngster at the gates of Aibp Waterford at the huge protests and pickets back a good few years ago. Pity they have gone this way.

The ifa only care about the big farmers and European handouts.
They spent 12 months hard labour trying to get 100 euro for the suckler cow that nobody with their head screwed on really wanted because it would see prices fall. They are taking a break now. With all this talk about reducing suckler cow numbers, they'll be pushing again for money for the cow. They don't want to bite the hand that feeds them so will keep away from factory gates until they are forced into it.

Beef prices are on the floor throughout Europe. What can the IFA (etc) do about it on a national level?
Why would the factories pay more for beef when their competitors in mainland Europe can buy an equal or superior animal for less?
Price is price.

The beef crisis is as grave as the last dairy crisis. Intervention solved that...

The best one I have heard is that one of the main guys in the protest in bandon got his cattle in on sunday morning before the protest started. :ban::boat:

The best one I have heard is that one of the main guys in the protest in bandon got his cattle in on sunday morning before the protest started. :ban::boat:

I heard that before wen the ifa where protesting they were to be done by evening but decided to stay on later... a high up lad was giving out shouldn't be staying on later than agreed.. turned out hed a lorry load of cattle coming in to be killed l...U would wonder

Beef prices are on the floor throughout Europe. What can the IFA (etc) do about it on a national level?
Why would the factories pay more for beef when their competitors in mainland Europe can buy an equal or superior animal for less?
Price is price.

The beef crisis is as grave as the last dairy crisis. Intervention solved that...

I'm surprised intervention hasn't been more widely mentioned. Are the EU afraid that it will take a few years for it to clear like with milk powder??

I read somewhere German beef price is close to 20c behind Ireland at the moment. I'm sure France is similar?

I'm thinking that it was only for the 'main' lads originally as theres a lot of lads in the group who are only to keep an eye wats happening... my take it if your real interested u got onto one of these lads and the pm you what is the plan... they probably let out the info wen it was to late for the factories to do anything... to blow all that teory out if the water a factory agent told me today they rang him last Thursday that they didn't need cattle the start of the week...who knows

what odds did it make if the factories knew there was going to be protests. I had cattle booked in since 3 weeks ago for yesterday and today. On the strength of these animals been slaughtered I had given assurances that end of month accounts would be cleared with people like yourself, independent merchants, all businesses gasping to stay above water, IF I had known there was going to be a strike I would have tried to get out of this, but I have given my word. I have yet to see a strike achieve anything, dialogue is what gets action. I doubt, Dawn,abp or kepak are going to budge for 5c so this is pointless. They have lost any support I would have for them

I'm surprised intervention hasn't been more widely mentioned. Are the EU afraid that it will take a few years for it to clear like with milk powder??

I read somewhere German beef price is close to 20c behind Ireland at the moment. I'm sure France is similar?
I could never get the same price for similar animals here...Rs, holxlm/ch/pt are always around 30c/kg behind Irish prices. Even purebred Ch/Lm/BB etc rarely make the same money. Sooooo, either Irish factories are paying better than French factories or we’re being robbed?

Imho, only intervention will prevent a lot of beef farmers from going to the wall. What’s good enough for the dairy farmer should be good enough for the beef farmer?

IFA (etc), Creed and Varadkar should get into the Government Hiace and do a road trip to Bruxelles, kick down the door of the Berlaymont and DEMAND intervention...or threaten to cozy up to Boris! Immediate action guaranteed!

Seriously though, support would certainly flood in from other member states. Beef farmers could get lessons from dairy farmers on how to bitch and moan...

what odds did it make if the factories knew there was going to be protests. I had cattle booked in since 3 weeks ago for yesterday and today. On the strength of these animals been slaughtered I had given assurances that end of month accounts would be cleared with people like yourself, independent merchants, all businesses gasping to stay above water, IF I had known there was going to be a strike I would have tried to get out of this, but I have given my word. I have yet to see a strike achieve anything, dialogue is what gets action. I doubt, Dawn,abp or kepak are going to budge for 5c so this is pointless. They have lost any support I would have for them

That's a piss poor argument in my opinion.
If you were so concerned about merchants wouldn't you be out there protesting with there customers who arernt making money.
Nobody is asking for a fortune just a fair price for there produce unless all farmers stand together it hasn't a chance.
When the price drops further don't come on here crying about it.
Nows the time to do something.
Even if it isn't everyones idea of achieving a better price its still a start at it.

Back