Beef plan

Is anyone actually going? Didn't hear a thing about it around here, I may go to the pub to investigate further
Don’t know, they are talking about it on Facebook alright. From the little I’ve seen of it on there Id rather not be associated with it one bit.

72749024_2602158506527280_1323678044107309056_n.jpg

true or not?

Funny if it was true. But chances of it been real are slim. More like Brazilian farmers riot when Ireland send beef to China and depress the market there for everyone else

I have not hidden my skepticism about the factory protests in this thread. I have repeatedly said that there were a lot of good men and women on those protests who had only the best interests of farmers to their fore. I mentioned here why I did not go on the protest.

For anyone that thinks that it was just a farmer's protest about beef prices, I have to tell you that it was a lot more than that, and a lot more than we may ever know. 2 of the people arrested for the Kevin Lunney QIH abduction were very prominent in the setting up and the running of one of the protests. 2 other people arrested for the abduction, were from Dublin, were not farmers, but spent several days over the 3 weeks on a protest outside a factory. One of them was caught on CCTV following a factory owner as he travelled to meetings. Gardai have requested all of the CCTV from factories and are currently going through it to try to identify the criminal elements involved.

Was there anyone here on the forum that supported beefplans actions? 7500 members, surely there are a few ?

I think there are quite a few people who did. But I'd say that they supported it for the right reasons and they had the best interests of farmers at heart when they made the decision to support it.

Was there anyone here on the forum that supported beefplans actions? 7500 members, surely there are a few ?
I supported it. So you think all the current woes in beef are the protesters fault? I had my heart in the right place , I wanted to protest against the farmers always getting fucked over by the big guy. Done my time on the picket met lovely decent people and don't regret it a bit. The factory loves the guys that hold other farmers responsible for all the problems. I won't protest again because to be honest farmers are their own worst enemy all think they are cute hoors rather then sticking together and actually achieving something.

And their was definitely no criminal elements on out picket. Fucking factory must be pissing themselves laughing, farmer blaming farmer , we are some thick cunts and deserve the riding we are getting by our coops factories and suppliers

And their was definitely no criminal elements on out picket. Fucking factory must be pissing themselves laughing, farmer blaming farmer , we are some thick cunts and deserve the riding we are getting by our coops factories and suppliers
the factories are too busy killing all the cheap cattle you lads backed for them to have time to laugh

I supported it. So you think all the current woes in beef are the protesters fault? I had my heart in the right place , I wanted to protest against the farmers always getting fucked over by the big guy. Done my time on the picket met lovely decent people and don't regret it a bit. The factory loves the guys that hold other farmers responsible for all the problems. I won't protest again because to be honest farmers are their own worst enemy all think they are cute hoors rather then sticking together and actually achieving something.
I personally agreed with idea of protesting, just thought blocking the gates was a stupid and arrogant idea of beef plan from the start, so didn't support it. There was surely other ways of coming together and getting talks going.

I personally agreed with idea of protesting, just thought blocking the gates was a stupid and arrogant idea of beef plan from the start, so didn't support it. There was surely other ways of coming together and getting talks going.
I'm sure there was and I think the timing of the protest was bad but it was a stand against the system we have to work in and that's why it was supported. If farmers could actually stick together we wouldn't even need to leave the house. Don't buy or sell as much as a piece of string for a month and they would be crawling to us but sure as seen here the blame game is the easy card to play

They were cheap before anything happened
Cheaper now and cant give them away.

Anyway, I had no issue with a protest, but it wasnt taught out at all. Before striking you have to be aware of every move the opposition will make and can make, you need to fully understand the market, what allowances can be give and what cant. And you need to have dialogue with the suppliers of the majority of the animals. Otherwise, you finish up with a complete an utter clusterf*ck.

The amount of money the agreement that was signed up to is staggering, I fail to see how people unless put under duress, signed up to such a document. It was a much worse deal that what was already in operation.

Back