best value passenger jeep

H

hopefull_farmer

the toyota business class landcruiser is around 48 k so thats not exactly small money ( i know thats not the official passenger cruiser which is twenty grand more than that )

in terms of actual jeeps which are up to pulling a trailer with three cows etc but can also fit some people in the back , what is the best bet out there

Really only 3 main players in the jeep market, Toyota, Mitsubishi and Land rover plus the JEEP brand, the Toyota probably holds it value best and is the most reliable, Discovery TDV6 the most comfortable. any of the main 3 are good tow vehicles.

Really only 3 main players in the jeep market, Toyota, Mitsubishi and Land rover plus the JEEP brand, the Toyota probably holds it value best and is the most reliable, Discovery TDV6 the most comfortable. any of the main 3 are good tow vehicles.

i own a landcruiser but its a SWB commercial , family getting bigger so might be perhaps tempted to buy something with seats but landcruiser passengers are very pricey , how bad are ford rangers ?

i own a landcruiser but its a SWB commercial , family getting bigger so might be perhaps tempted to buy something with seats but landcruiser passengers are very pricey , how bad are ford rangers ?
You're into crew cabs then, opens up a lot more possibilities, old rangers were same as Mazda, not sure about the new ones but was talking to a lad with one the other day and he had nothing bad to say of it.

You're into crew cabs then, opens up a lot more possibilities, old rangers were same as Mazda, not sure about the new ones but was talking to a lad with one the other day and he had nothing bad to say of it.

im not really into crew cabs per say , never owned one and any of them i had a spin in didnt seem all that comfortable , just saw a ford ranger crew cab recently which i thought looked well , doubt the other half would care for a crew cab , not much cargo room

Was the same situation as you and just bought a 13 reg amarok , drove a ranger and amarok for 20 mins each. Drove the ranger first got out and said feck that I'm not buying a crew cab , it was shocking rough I thought . Drove an amorak the next day and it was different altogether, haven't done much with mine yet but very happy so far , it's a 180bhp high line model with the 8 speed auto . Not to sure on auto but it's growing on me . Very hard to get high spec here but the man who got me herself's car sourced me one in the uk .

Was the same situation as you and just bought a 13 reg amarok , drove a ranger and amarok for 20 mins each. Drove the ranger first got out and said feck that I'm not buying a crew cab , it was shocking rough I thought . Drove an amorak the next day and it was different altogether, haven't done much with mine yet but very happy so far , it's a 180bhp high line model with the 8 speed auto . Not to sure on auto but it's growing on me . Very hard to get high spec here but the man who got me herself's car sourced me one in the uk .

id have nothing but an auto , the cruiser i have since 2008 is an auto

whats an amarok ?

Well wear they are a lovely crew cab

If buying new and looking for a comfy crew cab the new navarra must be worth a look. First Jap pickup to get coils in the back, only 30 something years after land-rover did it.

That said I thought the suspension links looked fierce weedy under it, but I'm sure Nissan know what they're doing, they never underbuilt the navarra before like.....

The merc ml can be got secand hand worth the money, not sure what there like to tow as i havent got mine long but a very comfy drive,

If buying new and looking for a comfy crew cab the new navarra must be worth a look. First Jap pickup to get coils in the back, only 30 something years after land-rover did it.

That said I thought the suspension links looked fierce weedy under it, but I'm sure Nissan know what they're doing, they never underbuilt the navarra before like.....
was there something in the journo yesterday abut irish navara owners getting a raw deal compared to UK ones in terms of what they are offered from nissan to buy back navaras with cracked chassis

was there something in the journo yesterday abut irish navara owners getting a raw deal compared to UK ones in terms of what they are offered from nissan to buy back navaras with cracked chassis

There was and of course Nissan are washing their hands of it it seems.

I'm surprised that the Navara brand is still going!

There was and of course Nissan are washing their hands of it it seems.

I'm surprised that the Navara brand is still going!
as I said on another thread i looked at new navara a few months back, i put it to the dealer that the old old model had a seriously bad rep..
he said outside of a few clutch issues they were trouble free

Take a drive in a Touareg 3.0 V6.
They can be got new as N1 business class, or its possible to convert an existing passenger model to 5 seat commercial.
Al Hayes motors might be worth a call.
I'm sure I read somewhere they'll be offering the 3.0 v6 in the amorak shortly as well, should make a right job of them!

Them Navara's are soft. Look very well I must say but haven't heard great things about them.
Would you look at a hilux @hopefull_farmer

il probably just buy a car , the business landcruiser are not out long enough to find a reasonably priced quality second hand and a new one is too expensive , my ten year old commercial is in mint condition , i could keep it another ten years and own a new car along with it for a lot less than the cost of an upgrade to a passenger jeep

il probably just buy a car , the business landcruiser are not out long enough to find a reasonably priced quality second hand and a new one is too expensive , my ten year old commercial is in mint condition , i could keep it another ten years and own a new car along with it for a lot less than the cost of an upgrade to a passenger jeep

You might be as well off. Keep the jeep and buy a good car. Jeeps will last for years anyways if looked after. New ones are way to expensive.

Back