Bird Gard bird scarer

Roger

Wondering if any of you folk have experience of any of the 'Bird Gard' bird scarer units? I feed ad lib meal to bulls and unless I keep the shed doors closed, the place would be overrun by crows/jackdaws. Other ideas for deterrents welcome too.

My brother has it. It does a job but to make the most you would need to get someone to bring a predatory bird in for the day so they don't get wise to it.

Dont bother with it.
Had one here for starlings. And it worked really well for the first week. Ok for a while after then once the weather turned bad they were using the speakers to pirch on!
Thing is birds of prey don't make a noise when their hunting. So a loud radio on a timer would be as good for a time.

We got onto this crowd
https://www.knowlenets.co.uk
Had enough nets from them to do every opening in the sheds, including between sheds where there were oposite feed barriers, and enough for 600ft or open ridges. for half the value of the bird scarer!

Few days bodging making frames above doors and stapeling nets under open ridges and fert bags under doors etc etc and nothing bothered after.

BUT and this is vital.
It has to be done when sheds are empty in summer. Once feed is out they have to be closed up. If the birds know its there they will do everything they can to get in.

Back