Board bia inspection

bk1991

Have one comeing up the rest of them were winter when cattle were in sheads. With them being out do they do a farm walk ?

Have one comeing up the rest of them were winter when cattle were in sheads. With them being out do they do a farm walk ?

Yes they will, just to have a look and check a few tag numbers, nothing to worry about at all.

Go into town and get a Brazilian person to come out to deal with them . Have him speak to them in Portuguese . It will be good training for when they are going out to the Pampas or whatever the Brazilian word for bog is to inspect cattle out there. The Brazilian will tell him to stuff his tags up the Rio Negro .

Go into town and get a Brazilian person to come out to deal with them . Have him speak to them in Portuguese . It will be good training for when they are going out to the Pampas or whatever the Brazilian word for bog is to inspect cattle out there. The Brazilian will tell him to stuff his tags up the Rio Negro .

:lol::lol::lol:

Or a lad with a northern Irish accent and a cattle lorry running on washed diesel, practice for post Brexit border checks.

:clap::clap:

It's a bit rich in fairness having to comply with all these regs and bs and at the same time the powers that be want to import cheap shite from half a world away and god knows how much oil will be burned transporting it not to mention the rainforests getting felled. But no your missing a tag or 2 and it's a no no.

Rural Ireland {farming} is been sold out to corporate companies which do nothing for rural Ireland (cars, banking etc..) all in the name of a trade deal. Fill in the Risk assessment form online then translate to Spanish and when he asks tell him it is future proofed that way

Hahaha love it its a woman inspector

They came out to do one here when all the cows were at grass. She wanted to see the yard and then asked to see the cows. I pointed to where they were which was a good 20min walk and she no your grand.

Had inspection yesterfay passed but new think there looking for is you to have the pesticide instruction sheets thats in bord bia handbook (appedix15) printed out and beside or in chemical store

Had inspection yesterfay passed but new think there looking for is you to have the pesticide instruction sheets thats in bord bia handbook (appedix15) printed out and beside or in chemical store
They will always find something to tick you off for, been told off for not having a record of worm dosing the dog, no eye wash in the first aid kit, not tagging an animal in the required space of time despite the fact I have never had a calf to tag..:scratchhead:

She got onto me about why I hadn't pesticides record in there book. Just told them I am a igas member and wasn't filling out two books of the same thing

They also wrote on the back of the cert on areas to improve which something they never mentioned or hinted at was the cleanliness of the yard. I don't keep a dirty place it drives me up the wall if something isn't tidied up and cow walk ways are always scraped, but we were in the middle of building the parlour and there was building materials out on the site and that was what they were on about. Was alittle ticked off

Fair play to all ye lads that can tolerate such boloxology. Have a few sucklers here but not in boardbia and would clear the lot out before I could tolerate that inquisition every year especially with the threat of the whole south American thing. I'm starting to think the same about the grain assurance too. Half a day of my life wasted when they decide to call and 80 euro or whatever it is for the pleasure and then go get a bag of meal and most likely the most of it's imported with no regulations.:2guns:

They also wrote on the back of the cert on areas to improve which something they never mentioned or hinted at was the cleanliness of the yard. I don't keep a dirty place it drives me up the wall if something isn't tidied up and cow walk ways are always scraped, but we were in the middle of building the parlour and there was building materials out on the site and that was what they were on about. Was alittle ticked off

They can't give you 100 per cent, they are meant to find some little thing for you to improve on.

They will always find something to tick you off for, been told off for not having a record of worm dosing the dog, no eye wash in the first aid kit, not tagging an animal in the required space of time despite the fact I have never had a calf to tag..:scratchhead:

Yup she checked the eye wash and the worm dose for dog . To be fair she was fairly handy wasnt nit picking the lad i got the last time was nit picking at stuff.

Yup she checked the eye wash and the worm dose for dog . To be fair she was fairly handy wasnt nit picking the lad i got the last time was nit picking at stuff.
Wonder was that the same lad that came here on time and asked me when do I dehorne calfs. I just said a week to 10 days. He thought he was a smart arse and said (can you find horns at that age). I said no but your book tells us we will. The boss man was beside me and he had to turn around cos of the grin on his face and that was the end of stupid questions from the auditor

Back