Bog Mans Pictures

@Bog Man Do you get all your seed from Quinns? I'm so pissed with Glanbia I've bought most of my winter seed for Quinns. I've done practically no business with them before.

@Bog Man Do you get all your seed from Quinns? I'm so pissed with Glanbia I've bought most of my winter seed for Quinns. I've done practically no business with them before.
I am in a Buyers Group so I get the seed from whoever they award the seed tender to . The Autumn seed tender was won by Quinns . I have half my winter wheat sowed so I ordered the other half of the wheat seed yesterday and it was delivered this morning. The driver has worked for Quinns for over fifty years .

I came across a collection of old radios. This is a German one from 1938 with the Swastika on it . A lot of them had the Swastika scratched out leaving just the wings but this one was untouched.
View attachment 74259 View attachment 74262
That's got to be worth a few quid. Did you plug it in? Might be interesting to listen to the irish election results come in on a nazi radio. :cool1:

Very interesting things!! I’d love to know how they came to be gathered.
He bought a couple of radios at an auction and next thing the garage had about twenty five radios in it . The radios turned into a hobby. You have to turn on the radios to let the valves warm up before the sound will come on .
The ceramic containers came out of a former dump that was being converted into a town park . People just give him stuff they find.

12E5B3B6-E14A-4B28-8580-D3F82ABAB131.png One of my daughters gave me a DNA heritage test as a Christmas present. My mother is from England and my father is from Canada of Irish decent. The first two names were one on my mothers side named Murry (possibly outside the blanket) and one on my fathers side named Steers . My great grandfather married an Elizabeth Steers . The DNA connected us after more than a 100 years. The connections rely on the number of my relatives doing the DNA test. I am more Scandinavian than Irish
D055266B-2450-4E77-A52C-F83BB5516ACF.png

Don't place too much weight on the Scandinavian bit.

I saw a news feature from the states where identical twins sent off their samples to a half dozen of these companies and the ethnicity varied significantly from one company to another and I think in one or two cases the twins even got different ethnicities from the same company.

Back