Bord bia inspection

I'm confused why you didn't pass :blushing:

Was it because one of those items you mention was an automatic fail regardless?

I had my inspection today for the dairy beef. Had a lad who was here 3 years ago for the 2nd last audit. I found him very thorough , but fair enough.
Surprised at his insistence that I find the docket for the waste plastic. He was also looking for the water test report , from June 2015 , but found that it was still valid , on my "file".
He praised my calves , parlour and dairy cleanliness , and milk tests. Critisised my vet records , probably right...pesticide records , none.. and advised I put a bit of a brush strip put on a small door in the dairy .

I got 97 % , but didn't pass , :scratchhead:.

I just have to fill in some more of the medicine records , and get the Glanbia dairy advisor out to photograph it

97% and a fail? 40% got a pass in the inter cert exams.
He reckons that you cannot get cattle killed anywhere , unless you are QA. I thought an odd factory still did slaughter without it , all be at a reduced price.
On the slaughter side I wasn't aware there was any problems getting cattle killed if non QA. Just need to go through a HAULIER agent for them to get a fair decent price for them.
With Dawn around here if you don't go through the local haulier there is a big difference to the price you get QA or non QA. He more than pays for his €15 haulage fee.

Last year they spent half an hour looking around the yard and three hours at paperwork. You have to have the medicines right or you won't pass

I had my inspection today for the dairy beef. Had a lad who was here 3 years ago for the 2nd last audit. I found him very thorough , but fair enough.
Surprised at his insistence that I find the docket for the waste plastic. He was also looking for the water test report , from June 2015 , but found that it was still valid , on my "file".
He praised my calves , parlour and dairy cleanliness , and milk tests. Critisised my vet records , probably right...pesticide records , none.. and advised I put a bit of a brush strip put on a small door in the dairy .

I got 97 % , but didn't pass , :scratchhead:.

I just have to fill in some more of the medicine records , and get the Glanbia dairy advisor out to photograph it

97% and a fail? 40% got a pass in the inter cert exams.
He reckons that you cannot get cattle killed anywhere , unless you are QA. I thought an odd factory still did slaughter without it , all be at a reduced price.

You won't get 100 percent, they have to find some little thing wrong.

What amuses me is that the dairy has to be fly proof but with access for a lorry.

On the slaughter side I wasn't aware there was any problems getting cattle killed if non QA. Just need to go through a HAULIER agent for them to get a fair decent price for them.
With Dawn around here if you don't go through the local haulier there is a big difference to the price you get QA or non QA. He more than pays for his €15 haulage fee.

I am only repeating what he said. He is only pushing how great QA is

Last year they spent half an hour looking around the yard and three hours at paperwork. You have to have the medicines right or you won't pass

That's about right. 45 mins outside and a shake under 2 hours at records. He has to tick boxes. Lots and lots of boxes.

You won't get 100 percent, they have to find some little thing wrong.

What amuses me is that the dairy has to be fly proof but with access for a lorry.

I actually told him that the last lad told me that it looked bad for him and me for 100% pass rate. This lad laughed it off "Oh, he shouldn't have told you that. Anyway it's not true.". Ye.

you will get no main stream factory down about here to take non-assured cattle, up to recently they would be serious moaning if there was one killed in a decent number. All my animals are assured, but about 25% of animals would collect QA. I would be worth more to me if none got it, and we could slaughter without assurance.

you will get no main stream factory down about here to take non-assured cattle, up to recently they would be serious moaning if there was one killed in a decent number. All my animals are assured, but about 25% of animals would collect QA. I would be worth more to me if none got it, and we could slaughter without assurance.

So if your farm is assured, this means that your cattle are assured?

But some of your animals may not qualify for the payment because of being over age or too many movements, but they are still considered as being QA's and it's just that the factory doesn't pay you the bonus?
Is there any bother getting a factory to take a an overage animal or one with too many movements if your farm is QA'd?

No, if I buy an animal from a non assured herd, it has to reside with me for 70 days to become assured.

But some of your animals may not qualify for the payment because of being over age or too many movements, but they are still considered as being QA's and it's just that the factory doesn't pay you the bonus?

All cattle that spent the last 70 days are considered assured, I dont recieve any bonus payment for various reasons but the factory sells them as QA

Is there any bother getting a factory to take a an overage animal or one with too many movements if your farm is QA'd?

No, but usually just a penalty of 10 - 20c a kilo for overage, but I have never been penalised for movements

As of a year ago anyways we could get the cattle into the factory been non QA farmers of course we didn't get the QA top up QA bonus, but got a fairly decent baseline price ( I think) as long as we went through the haulier/agent. It may of changed Inn the last year or so but I haven't heard no grumbling from anyone up here of late about changes to that anyways.

There is some sort of survey to be filled out online? Will I have to have this done or will i fail if I dont? I dont remember doing one before?

There is some sort of survey to be filled out online? Will I have to have this done or will i fail if I dont? I dont remember doing one before?
i did my inspection a couple of weeks ago and the auditor filled in a questionaire on the day but i don,t remember an online one, calving gates are the big thing this year with them, has to be a proper gate for doing caesarians with a head gate,:whistle: so if you can borrow one for the day

I did it online last time but the auditor would have completed it on the day too, made no odds really. It was a new thing last year, it may be related to looking at your carbon footprint.

i did my inspection a couple of weeks ago and the auditor filled in a questionaire on the day but i don,t remember an online one, calving gates are the big thing this year with them, has to be a proper gate for doing caesarians with a head gate,:whistle: so if you can borrow one for the day
Or he could just buy one from a fellow member on here @whichwire check out bo steel for all his needs,I have his gate and couldn't fault it

I did it online last time but the auditor would have completed it on the day too, made no odds really. It was a new thing last year, it may be related to looking at your carbon footprint.

What website is the survey on, and what do i click on ?. I'm after losing the letter they sent me.

Back