Bord Bia inspection

Got the pack around the same time with renewal in a few weeks time but not a dickeybird since :scratchhead:

Mucky,on the remedies you are meant to be recording those for cross compliance purposes, That's why it has a section in the older blue herd register.

We don't have a blue herd register as its a relatively new herd number and we opted to do it all online. Remedies are recorded with viovet but we have to order the report from them and specify dates.

Inspector said the other day the agri net package is the best for them. It has a bord bia inspection tab and most of what they want is in it

We don't have a blue herd register as its a relatively new herd number and we opted to do it all online. Remedies are recorded with viovet but we have to order the report from them and specify dates.

So your own data and you don't have access to it :scratchhead::scratchhead:

Could not agree to any programme putting restrictions like that on you.

So your own data and you don't have access to it :scratchhead::scratchhead:

Could not agree to any programme putting restrictions like that on you.

I think you have taken it up wrong. The info that I send to them is always at my fingertips. For inspections they will collate the information into a clear report which can be printed off.

What I send them is just pictures of products, pictures of batch numbers and the last 3 numbers of the animals that I treat so that they can pull this information from my herd profile ( which I sent to them) and create reports for me when I want them usually in the space of an hour or 2

I think you have taken it up wrong. The info that I send to them is always at my fingertips. For inspections they will collate the information into a clear report which can be printed off.

What I send them is just pictures of products, pictures of batch numbers and the last 3 numbers of the animals that I treat so that they can pull this information from my herd profile ( which I sent to them) and create reports for me when I want them usually in the space of an hour or 2

Now that makes more sense:Thumbp2:, you'd think the report creation would be more automated though.

Now that makes more sense:Thumbp2:, you'd think the report creation would be more automated though.

When you send pictures of products, they get the data sheet for it and use that for the withdrawal period. It takes a bit of time to do that. Its also a free service and a very good one, so I'm happy to be flexible with them.

Could you not do that yourself? Google takes a couple of seconds
I don't have to. I simply use their app to snap a picture of the product, another of the batch code and expiry date and type in the group code or name that I'm dosing. It takes 10 seconds and its free.

I must have preempted them ringing the other day.

Had the inspection today, got 99%.

Only two things were no eye wash in the first aid box (forgot you had mentioned that whelan1 ) and despite the fact that the two of us have the Pesticides user course done, neither of us could remember the number.

As always if you were doing things right, nothing to fear.

I must have preempted them ringing the other day.

Had the inspection today, got 99%.

Only two things were no eye wash in the first aid box (forgot you had mentioned that whelan1 ) and despite the fact that the two of us have the Pesticides user course done, neither of us could remember the number.

As always if you were doing things right, nothing to fear.

I met a lad that does the qa inspections locally at a teagasc event during the week. He was telling me that I have to go back 6 months for records. I have all of that. We have cats and aren't fans of poison so no need for a bait plan. Just prescription for worm tablets for the cats.

It should be simple enough for us. He said that none fails the first one.

We are getting ready to make the application for Bord Bia QA for the first time.
We have the check list from bord bia and have most of the stuff in order.
However, can anyone give us some guidance on our records?
How far back do we need to show animal remedy records for? Seeing as it is our first application, will 12 months be sufficient?
The same for medicine purchases? How far back do we need to go - will 12 months be ok?
Do we need to show receipts for medicine purchases? Or is the batch code enough?

Feed purchase records - we have receipts for all rolled barley purchased for the last 12 months, they show weight, but these receipts do not have our name on them - will we need to show these receipts and should they have our name on them?

How do we get a record book for recording all of this information? Is there a book or should we just record it in excel and print it for the inspection?

I met a lad that does the qa inspections locally at a teagasc event during the week. He was telling me that I have to go back 6 months for records. I have all of that. We have cats and aren't fans of poison so no need for a bait plan. Just prescription for worm tablets for the cats.

It should be simple enough for us. He said that none fails the first one.

How did you get on with the inspection, was 6 months of back records enough for the first time.
I applied for it last week and the info pack came today.

How did you get on with the inspection, was 6 months of back records enough for the first time.
I applied for it last week and the info pack came today.

6 months were sound. I was surprised at how well it went. There was no hassle. Inspector went through everything and was happy with all. We got the app for medicine records, spray records and feed purchase records. It was a good investment and has been really useful for keeping records all along so no worries for the next inspection.

6 months were sound. I was surprised at how well it went. There was no hassle. Inspector went through everything and was happy with all. We got the app for medicine records, spray records and feed purchase records. It was a good investment and has been really useful for keeping records all along so no worries for the next inspection.

Do you need to have a copy of the farm safety plan as well

Did everyone here get the letter from useless Bia lately extolling all the great work their doing for farmers and how good they are?.

Did everyone here get the letter from useless Bia lately extolling all the great work their doing for farmers and how good they are?.
Got that too fucking hell it's nearly as good as the one they sent the week before telling us how to rear calves. How did farmers ever survive without our farming overlords Bord Bia

Yep . Struck as groveling , from a sinking ship . I reckon they are getting told where to shove it by lads , who might have been only killing a few cattle up to this , and reckon they will mart them after this . One less hassle for a lad.
Didn’t they award Wee Larry with an Academy Award lately ??
I have no option but do it . Grabbia won’t take your milk unless you are QA.
I got a txt msg today from a lad wanting to do my QA inspection shortly. It’s not out until the 30 th of January . It will do on the 28 th , as far as I am concerned.

Have a inspection next week and asked the guy on the phone what stuff i needed ready for him in the office. He gave me the list and one thing caught my attention. He wants all spray records on corn as well as grassland and invoices for same. I told him surely corn spray records and invoices are checked by Grain quality assurance but he still wants them, anyone else get asked for them?

Have a inspection next week and asked the guy on the phone what stuff i needed ready for him in the office. He gave me the list and one thing caught my attention. He wants all spray records on corn as well as grassland and invoices for same. I told him surely corn spray records and invoices are checked by Grain quality assurance but he still wants them, anyone else get asked for them?
Got asked for grassland ones but not arable ones, gave him the maize and beet ones alright as they are for the dairy but no cereal ones. cant see what relevance it is to milk to have to show them.

Never asked for grain ones here either but the whole lot are recorded together here so would have been seen anyway.

:ban::tdown:
Doing their best to kill mixed farming.

Ment to have a inspection next week. I wonder will it go ahead. I might just have a bad cough that day

Back