Brexit

but is the default still not a deal, such as is on the table, by the date or no deal.

to me no change, TM is the only one trying to please everyone, and anyone else to take her place at the minute would just say when they get power, we had to work the cards we were dealt.

After all the other guy promised the vote, gave it then pissde off.

Hmmm it's alright that we've had 18 months of bitching to remain then 1 call for a recount........

I'm surprised that the politicians over there have not struck a deal that they come together behind closed doors, do a deal in which the government is proped up for the next 6 months so they can secure a deal with Europe in which there is no backstop but put a border if needed along the Irish Sea. I doubt the pm will last more than 6 months after brexit is finalised anyway andude although the dup is supporting the government there hardly doing much to ease the PMs job at hand.
After all its become clear that the British politicians know or care little about northern Ireland and through that deal the north would probably have the best of both worlds.

Both sides of this island are entangled through business and close to the border through life. It would be a shame to see that all thorn assunder.

Last edited:
It's a non-binding vote, so the default position is still to leave on 29th, unless there's an extension. This will need to be agreed to by all other member states. At the moment this is the likely scenario. HOWEVER, in cases like this when everyone is watching one thing something much bigger happens that completely overtakes the issue everyone was so fixated with. Watch out for Hungary, Orban has stated yesterday that he would commence the process to leave the EU if Hungary is not allowed have it's own immigration policy. Poland and Italy are also deeply unhappy with the EU for their own reasons. They may decide now is the time for a protest vote by blocking the extension of Article 50.

I'm surprised that the politicians over there have not struck a deal over there that they come together behind closed doors, do a deal in which the government is proped up for the next 6 months so they can secure a deal with Europe in which there is no backstop but putility a border if needed along the Irish Sea. I doubt the pm will last more than 6 months after brexit is finalised anyway andude although the dup is supporting the government there hardly doing much to ease the PMs job at hand.
After all its become clear that the British politicians know or care little about northern Ireland and through that deal the north would probably have the best of both worlds.

Both sides of this island are entangled through business and close to the border through life. It would be a shame to see that all thorn assunder.
It is very possible that even if Brexit went through in some form that a new government might start the process to rejoin. It's a crazy situation, all depends on what happens elsewhere in the EU.

It's a non-binding vote, so the default position is still to leave on 29th, unless there's an extension. This will need to be agreed to by all other member states. At the moment this is the likely scenario. HOWEVER, in cases like this when everyone is watching one thing something much bigger happens that completely overtakes the issue everyone was so fixated with. Watch out for Hungary, Orban has stated yesterday that he would commence the process to leave the EU if Hungary is not allowed have it's own immigration policy. Poland and Italy are also deeply unhappy with the EU for their own reasons. They may decide now is the time for a protest vote by blocking the extension of Article 50.

Nigel Farage is reportedly lobbying those populist governments to veto an a50 extension in the EU.

So much for sovereignty!

Nigel Farage is reportedly lobbying those populist governments to veto an a50 extension in the EU.

So much for sovereignty!
There are a lot more powerful and monied influences lobbying every day for the opposite outcome I'm sure.

By the way can you define 'populist' for me please. Do you mean carrying out the wishes of those who voted a government into power? That is the spirit of democracy after all. Italy had lost all pride in itself at the hands of a puppet government installed by the EU, Poland's young people were scattered across the EU and refugees were washing their clothes in the square in Budapest. Things have changed in those countries for the better. Should they not be allowed govern their own countries?

There are a lot more powerful and monied influences lobbying every day for the opposite outcome I'm sure.

By the way can you define 'populist' for me please. Do you mean carrying out the wishes of those who voted a government into power? That is the spirit of democracy after all. Italy had lost all pride in itself at the hands of a puppet government installed by the EU, Poland's young people were scattered across the EU and refugees were washing their clothes in the square in Budapest. Things have changed in those countries for the better. Should they not be allowed govern their own countries?

Your mixing up populism with democracy.

Judicial independence is the cornerstone of a democracy and its severely lacking in the populist governments in Hungary and Poland.

Also I hope you aren’t referring to George Soros with your first paragraph.

Your mixing up populism with democracy.

Judicial independence is the cornerstone of a democracy and its severely lacking in the populist governments in Hungary and Poland.

Also I hope you aren’t referring to George Soros with your first paragraph.
No I am more familiar with George Orwell and am sorry if you think I have committed a thought crime.

“Agri-food supports £1 in every £6 in the Northern Ireland economy, employing some 100,000 people. A ‘no deal’ Brexit on these terms would be devastating. It would crush our farming base, destroying family businesses within weeks and would decimate investment leading to closures and job losses. We would also face gridlock on our roads and at our ports with the increased volume of goods coming from the Republic of Ireland in transit to Great Britain.

https://www.farminglife.com/farming...-blow-to-indigenous-food-production-1-8847158

While some tariffs will protect farmers producing meat, other sectors of farming will have low or no tarrifs.

The National Farmers' Union President, Minette Batters, said that eggs, cereals, fruit and vegetables would not receive any protection under the plans.

The plans would see the current tariff rate on oranges cut from 16% to 0%, the rate for onions down from 9.6% to 0% and the tariff on imported televisions down from 14% to 0%.

So what you're trumpeting as 'protecting farmers' is actually something that's not protecting us as much as we are now, and of course it is only talking about imports, what about the tariffs imposed on our agricultural exports?

So the speaker has said that Thersasa may can't try her withdrawal agreement a third time. That means back to Europe for an extension. Will she get it or for how long.

Millons of jobs, millions of euros at stake. And above all, my six whitehead bullocks just fit to go to the factory.:eek3::laugh:

So the speaker has said that Thersasa may can't try her withdrawal agreement a third time. That means back to Europe for an extension. Will she get it or for how long.

Millons of jobs, millions of euros at stake. And above all, my six whitehead bullocks just fit to go to the factory.:eek3::laugh:

Before the vote on her deal, the exchange rate had picked up, pound getting strong against the euro. Then it was rejected again and it dropped. Based on the amount of hours I'd estimate to work in a summer over there, with that drop I've lost 300 euros over the course of a summer. Small things like that add up.

How much more expensive would a brand new john deere be in the event of no deal? The car companies are quoting 10%.

My prediction. The EU will give them a long extension, between 1 and 2 years. There'll be a general election and either there will be no brexit or a second vote.

For all the shouting about democracy, brexit was not a legally binding referendum. It was a glorified opinion poll. The government have no legal obligation to carry out the result of the referendum and leave the EU

There may be 10% going onto the top the price of a car but when the car companies can no longer sell them because there to dear they'll either need to stop selling them to the UK and loose out in a massive market or find a way to make them cheaper

Back