Bruceythom's pictures thread......

How did you get on since with the new rotary @bruceythom ?
Did snow blow in , and was freezing a big issue ?

Getting on good with rotary, have a few things to do before I put up pics and do a decent post on it. Yes, snow blew in and a small loop on an auto drain valve on the bottom of the machine meant a tiny piece of ice stopped it draining on Wednesday evening which caused 2 hrs trouble on Thursday!!
What about the topless cubicles, how did they fare out?
I did touch on this on the thread "Greenfield Open Day". Actually faired out better than the cubicle shed!

Looks well Brucey. How do go about earthing the deck in a rotary? Clue is probably in the last pic but can't figure it out.:scratchhead:

Looks well Brucey. How do go about earthing the deck in a rotary? Clue is probably in the last pic but can't figure it out.:scratchhead:
Yea, so it's basically the same rukes as any parlour, the wheels are steel and there's also a brass earthing brush under the platform, all the steel is welded together, then we welded rebar to the frames holding the wheels and brought them out under the floor of the parlour. All the rump rails and other railings were earthed too.

Hooking up a mineral hopper yesterday. So it meters out a dose of minerals for every time the feed head cuts in. We have a real deficiency of minerals in our soil (mainly copper and iodine) which we have been combating with boluses, but now we're going to run with the powder minerals, it also allows us to add Cal Mag to the meal. _20180417_063550.JPG

Waikato sub contracted the installation of the timed feed head to an Irish crew. Installed 6 weeks too late, it is unable to feed small volumes as well as large volumes of meal as they are able to do in other parlours. It's also going to get pulled off the roof by the cows, you can see from the pictures that it's a bad job. Waikato are getting another firm to fix it up as both they and myself are unhappy with it, it's the only part of the machine that we're unhappy with. _20180417_064453.JPG

I’m no expert on milking parlours Brucey but all that engineering is impressive!
Well wear with this big investment.

the auger system looks poor enough tbh,the bracketing is shocking for a new build,the rest of the job looks very impressive ,i like the mineral setup, we put it through the water here and whilst a super job i think the minerals themselves are very extensive

Back