Butterfly's or front and back mowers

aye, the lad we were talking to was working at Mchale from the start. He was a nice fellow, no nonsense talk. He was saying that they have spent two years making these mowers right and I think they have made a right good mower.
I like the idea of the sacrificial keyway on each disc if you hit something. An easy fix in the field it seems.

Do krone not have that feature already?

I have never worked with a krone mower. The Mchale fellow said when they were making the mower they wanted to take the best features of all the current mowers offered by competitors and incorporate them into their own machine so I guess they copied krone here!

I have never worked with a krone mower. The Mchale fellow said when they were making the mower they wanted to take the best features of all the current mowers offered by competitors and incorporate them into their own machine so I guess they copied krone here!

not like McHale to do something like that :whistle::thumbup::001_tongue:

well same idea different method

Would a TM stand that sort of work long term?
I can't see them being able for that sort of power longterm, but even more so I think that the shock loading of raising and lowering those sorts of weights would be very hard for a mid sized tractor to stand.

Would a TM stand that sort of work long term?
I can't see them being able for that sort of power longterm, but even more so I think that the shock loading of raising and lowering those sorts of weights would be very hard for a mid sized tractor to stand.
They would be light enough I'd say back butterfly's are only around 2 tonne afaik

A contractor near me runs claas butterflys on a JD 7810, she is chipped to 210 hp. You can hear it die down slightly when it hits a tough lump of grass. I wouldn't think a TM 150 would last long even if its opened up.

Used to be an 8560 new holland near here not sure what power it was running at dealer dynoed it but his dyno only went up to 240hp was traded in for a tm165 which was tweaked and would have left the 8560 for dead according to the driver again was ran for 7-8000 hours. As long as you keep it cool it shouldn't be much bother running mowers, as its constant load rather than on and off shock loads like running roads etc

I suppose if that man wasn't trying to stay ahead of a big harvester he wouldn't have much trouble either.
If he could achieve 7km/k he's covering alot of ground compared to wrecking. Himself and one mower trying to do 15k

Used to be an 8560 new holland near here not sure what power it was running at dealer dynoed it but his dyno only went up to 240hp was traded in for a tm165 which was tweaked and would have left the 8560 for dead according to the driver again was ran for 7-8000 hours. As long as you keep it cool it shouldn't be much bother running mowers, as its constant load rather than on and off shock loads like running roads etc
You run triples don't you?

You run triples don't you?
no just front and backs keep looking for a cheap back butterfly mower but anytime anything turns up there's somewhere else to be spending the money. Could do with upgrading though, generally don't drop much below 20k with the front and backs could do with going slower and wider.

no just front and backs keep looking for a cheap back butterfly mower but anytime anything turns up there's somewhere else to be spending the money. Could do with upgrading though, generally don't drop much below 20k with the front and backs could do with going slower and wider.
Some speed is the cvx standard or remapped.
Front and backs here for the first time hope to vary them between the tm and the cvx.

Unless it's power command and costs 20k in gear box repairs like another members. Not a low cost option then.

As far as I can see, reading some of the prices quoted on here for buying/repairing machinery, a worse possible scenario of €20k for a transmission rebuild might not be the end of the World!

Back