Case 856xl, should I buy it?

Christopher

Found a nice 2wd case 856xl with a loader on donedeal for €5300. Grand tidy tractor, nice inside the cab. Loader looks pretty good. Comes with a bucket also. Would suit me perfectly. Any of yas have any experience with these, any problems etc...
Should a jump at the offer or look for something else.

Screenshot_20190608_091615_ie.donedeal.android.jpg Screenshot_20190608_091536_com.google.android.apps.messaging.jpg

I reckon I will just looking out to see what others think of them and what problems they may have.
They would have a better name than their English cousins, it is hard to find a good tractor in that price range so if it suits I would go for it.
Like most tractors of that age my main concern would be having a local independent mechanic who knows those German built IH/Case.

I would (in fact if I was seriously in the market as opposed to perpetually tyre kicking a 4wd 856xl would be high on my list)

€5k doesnt buy much, it looks tidy (looks like it has had had a recent blast of paint)
As long as there is nothing major wrong with it mechanically, or no major rust issues, its worth a punt.

€5k doesnt buy much, it looks tidy (looks like it has had had a recent blast of paint)
As long as there is nothing major wrong with it mechanically, or no major rust issues, its worth a punt.

I'd agree with Mike especially as that Tanco loader would add around 800 to it as it stands.

It doesn't look too bad barring the lack of lights on the cab and the odd front rims.

Big thing to check on those Christopher is that the handbrake is working because if it is not, it will mess around with hydraulics too and it is a big big job to fix it.

I'd agree with Mike especially as that Tanco loader would add around 800 to it as it stands.

It doesn't look too bad barring the lack of lights on the cab and the odd front rims.

Big thing to check on those Christopher is that the handbrake is working because if it is not, it will mess around with hydraulics too and it is a big big job to fix it.

Back